Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    Reading now. . .
    Anybody from Canada got the Pivot update yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by jalaed18 View Post
    Anybody from Canada got the Pivot update yet?
    Nope.

I think I've checked like 6 times now since i've updated to 3.0.2

I'm expecting to see it late tonight or tomorrow. Oh well, I'd rather have more/new apps then Pivot right now.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Pivot and updates are not necessarily on the same release schedules, just happened to turn out that way for this one. Non US updates may take a little longer when it comes to Pivot.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    interesting...I'm in the US and still looking at the old version. Maybe in the am!
    It was more than one day late, so I refuse to read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Lol.

Good read. It's actually a fairly interesting publication. Really like the homebrew article.
    will there be any way to read past editions of pivot?
    rot likes this.
    how do I get the update? I still have July in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanvm View Post
    how do I get the update? I still have July in the USA.
    It should automatically update, but maybe try restarting your Touchpad and see if it shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    Lol.

Good read. It's actually a fairly interesting publication. Really like the homebrew article.
    Agree that it was a solid read, but I did think that the line about how the lawbreakers and rooters of the Android and iOS communities are kids that just want to stick it to the man, but the webOS homebrew community doesn't "have time" for that, and instead just focuses on improving the mobile experience. What a frickin' joke. I have no experience with the iOS jailbreaking community, but the root community with Android is awesome, and ABSOLUTELY 100% focused on "improving the mobile experience."

Either way, it was an interesting read, I am a fan of this Pivot thing.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    do new or updated apps come with a new version of Pivot. Or is it simply a magazine with some app pointers/suggestions that have been int he catalog already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    ... Or is it simply a magazine with some app pointers/suggestions that have been int he catalog already.
    this.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    do new or updated apps come with a new version of Pivot. Or is it simply a magazine with some app pointers/suggestions that have been int he catalog already.
    Here is an article from PC from about a month ago:

webOS Pivot Issue #1 - A first look into the HP TouchPad App Catalog | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Do I have to Doctor my Touchpad to see this?

Nice article on Homebrew!
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 08/02/2011 at 10:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    in germany there is still july in pivot though 3.0.2 update is installed
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    in germany there is still july in pivot though 3.0.2 update is installed
    That's because Pivot is independent of any OS update. I don't know if they released the new issue of Pivot in Germany yet, however it's supposed to download automatically in the background and then show you the new issue.
    Didn't July's Pivot specifically mention something about baseball in the next issue of Pivot, which didn't end up showing up in the August Pivot?

It was only a passing mention, so it's not that big a deal, but it's sort of setting a precedent.
    I read it but am sending it back as the Touchpad weighs too much with all that content on it.

ps. I also saw a crack between page 2 and page 3.
    How do we access to Pivot??

I have my TouchPad (Canada) since July 15th and I never been able to read it.
    When I open the App Catalog it is just written that Pivot is downloading and it will appear when I will open the App Catalog.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast