Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes
  1.    #1  
    I don't have a Touchpad but am very interested in the opinion of owners about the 3.0.2 update. It's getting a little tiring looking in various threads so I thought I would create a thread where the positives and negatives can be easily listed by those lucky TP owners who feel like playing along.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 08/01/2011 at 08:44 PM.
    Negatives - no doc editing

Positives - everything else

At least that's what I see so far.
    Anybody else notice that emulated apps now have a "show" button for the virtual keyboard that wasn't there before 3.0.2? Or was I just blind before?
    Tabs in advanced Browser are no longer blurry when switching to previous pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Anybody else notice that emulated apps now have a "show" button for the virtual keyboard that wasn't there before 3.0.2? Or was I just blind before?
    Nice find and yes that is new. Would have loved 3/4 scaling or slightly larger interfaces, but I suspect HP is trying to limit Mojo updates as much as possible and just move forward. Either way, the keyboard update is useful. Sorli....
    Embedded browser in apps like FB are much faster. Email is way better (speed,scrolling). Launcher is OMG better. Typing in web forms is OMG better.i didn't realize why I found typing on the web so obnoxious, now I realize it was a hair slow. Auto type is faster and fixing words no longer causes a momentary lag.

On the bad side, screen rotation still sucks! It's a little smoother but theonly difference I've seen is it rotates back faster when it rotates wrong. Web, even though better, still has stuttering when scrolling. Also, opening and closing panes, while better, still has stutter that someone ruins the experience.

All of the websites that were broken before are still broken (mint, snapfish). And we still can't freaking view enlarged images in the app catalog

That's about all I have to report for now. My children keep getting in my way :P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Any kind of an improvement is a good thing. I don't understand why ppl would complain.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    threed61#WN likes this.
    Superjudge:

negs: no doc editing as stated; no native ereader app that even comes close to ibooks on the ipad, in case you have experience with that. No really good RSS reader like pulse but there are some decent ones. Browser doesn't support bookmarklets so you can't use the instapaper bookmarklet to direct save articles to device, gotta pay sub fee to use papermache. Some patches in preware won't install now but that'll be fixed by the respective devs.

positives: Everything else is fine and arguably better than the other tablets out there, and I look forward to what comes in the future.

Provided I can hold out before going back to ipad (I really don't wanna) due to the above mentioned missing items. Those are sort of big deals for me. If those things weren't an issue, I'd not feel like I'm compromising so much.
    pics and video app now shows titles, instead of movie length.. Yeah!
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    Superjudge:

negs: no doc editing as stated; no native ereader app that even comes close to ibooks on the ipad, in case you have experience with that. No really good RSS reader like pulse but there are some decent ones...
    Which of those are OS issues?
    Negative: Not that is was promised but facebook chat plugin was not added to the messenger app.

Positive. So much smoother than before. No lag yet and it hasn't froze once.

question. They said improvements made in calendar app. I havent noticed what improvements they are referring to. Anyone?
    fage88 likes this.
    I noticed webpages continue to load even when they don't have focus now. Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Negative: Not that is was promised but facebook chat plugin was not added to the messenger app.

Positive. So much smoother than before. No lag yet and it hasn't froze once.

question. They said improvements made in calendar app. I havent noticed what improvements they are referring to. Anyone?
    Maybe just type for calendar is way faster
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    Any kind of an improvement is a good thing. I don't understand why ppl would complain.
    People will complain forever about anything and everything they possibly can
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

LordSecksie and kjb86 like this.
    Negative: I still don't have a TouchPad

Positive: Hopefully I won't have to read so many negative threads
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

the screen doesn't turn off if the video is playing in web browser. That's a fix from 3.0
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    retroblu likes this.
    Calendar now opens to todays date, rather than to what ever view & date you had open last time you used the app.

browser is much smoother and seems faster.

Email seems more reliable (haven't had any emails failing to load the body of a msg)

Music app (finally!) is no longer crippled by lag as it once was.

the system in general is much much better!

these are obviously observations made over a very short amount of time since the update only landed last night. I've tried my best to avoid the placebo effect of "oh wow, this update has fixed everything!". I do truley believe there has been vast improvement
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Last night, played live video from live.twit.tv from web browser for 2-3 hours without a hiccup. Battery hung in there and still 45% when done. Nice.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Must just be in the emulator, haven't seen a "show keyboard" option anywhere on the real TouchPad
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
  20.    #20  
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast