Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 116
Like Tree56Likes
  1. #81  
    cheer:
    they've now made it much easier to distinguish between accounts in the calendar
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I personaly do not like the video not rendering when in card mode. I can understand the video not rendering when the screen is off, but it should render when in card mode. Unfortunately the 'no vieo pause on minimize' patch in Preware does nothing to resolve this issue. Even with the patch installed, the video still stops reendering when in card mode, the audio does continue though.

    PS: Why can't they simply make this a selectable option in preferences to choose between having the video rendered while in card mode.
    Okay, so what would be your use case for that function? Since you can't "actively" use any applications in card view mode, how is this now detracting from you use of the TPad? Unless you preffer squinting at little video windows?
  3. #83  
    My case would be because it's cool. The iphone junkies are amazed by it on my Pre+.

    In any case even on the Pre's the video rendered in card mode wasn't the full video. It was a cropped portion of the fullscreen video displayed in the card. So it really didn't show the video correctly anyways.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    My case would be because it's cool. The iphone junkies are amazed by it on my Pre+.

    In any case even on the Pre's the video rendered in card mode wasn't the full video. It was a cropped portion of the fullscreen video displayed in the card. So it really didn't show the video correctly anyways.
    well I'm glad hp focused on performance instead of wasting time implementing features that few would find use for. Maybe they'll implement some sort of preference options in the future, but I'd rather they continue to focus making the various improvements that are NEEDED in order for webOS to gain traction in the mobile space.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Okay, so what would be your use case for that function? Since you can't "actively" use any applications in card view mode, how is this now detracting from you use of the TPad? Unless you preffer squinting at little video windows?
    For me, I listen to a lot of interviews and talks on youtube that don't need to be watched, but it's nice to surf while listening.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    No matter what the update did, it wouldn't have been enough for him, because the logo on the device would still be the same. The guy gave himself away as someone who was looking solely to criticize with this line:

    That overlooks the obvious (obvious to anyone that actually uses the device) - why would the TP need to go to sleep to "save power", when it's hooked up to a power source? Exhibition mode only works when it's charging. Even if the device went to sleep, the charger would still be consuming the same amount of power.
    Actually, it's not true that exhibition mode only works on charger. It only auto switches on on charger. I use exhibition mode at work and set my tablet on my desktop as if it's a digital picture frame even when I'm not charging it. But I turn on exhibition mode. If I wanted my device to go to sleep, I wouldn't put it on exhibition mode.
  7. #87  
    Jeer: Looks like the update broke contacts by replicating the problem that existed on 1.4.5 where the formatting of notes in a contact is all screwed up. Anyone else seeing this?

    Unbelievable.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Jeer: Looks like the update broke contacts by replicating the problem that existed on 1.4.5 where the formatting of notes in a contact is all screwed up. Anyone else seeing this?

    Unbelievable.
    I am seeing some formatting in the notes, too.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Actually, it's not true that exhibition mode only works on charger. It only auto switches on on charger. I use exhibition mode at work and set my tablet on my desktop as if it's a digital picture frame even when I'm not charging it. But I turn on exhibition mode. If I wanted my device to go to sleep, I wouldn't put it on exhibition mode.
    You are correct. It has to be run as an app if it's not on the charger. I can't for the life of me think of a reason it would need a timer in that case though.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Okay, so what would be your use case for that function? Since you can't "actively" use any applications in card view mode, how is this now detracting from you use of the TPad? Unless you preffer squinting at little video windows?
    Well for one, it's just kool and is also the easiest way to show, to the not so technically aware person, the multi-tasking abilities of webOS. Secondly, I like it, I had it and now why should I lose it?

    So what is your case for 'fixing' what ain't broken? How was the 'video playing in the card mode', detracting from your use of the TouchPad? Even if for some reason 'the video playing in card mode bothered some, why not simply add a selectable option, rather than turning it off for all of us. I seriously don't understand your logic of considering what you want, like, or consider important, over what others may want or like.

    By the way, the video actually still continues to play, borne out by the audio still playing and also the video remaining in sync with the audio when brought back from card view, it's just that the picture is frozen while in card mode.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/04/2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    well I'm glad hp focused on performance instead of wasting time implementing features that few would find use for. Maybe they'll implement some sort of preference options in the future, but I'd rather they continue to focus making the various improvements that are NEEDED in order for webOS to gain traction in the mobile space.
    Firstly, HP has not implemented a feature, rather they have removed a perfectly functioning feature that already existed in 3.0.0. In fact, it is strange that HP could not find the time or resources to fix and or add from the long list of bugs and missing features, but wasted their time on de-activating perfectly functiong features that not only some of us liked, but also was something that highlighted the strengths of webOS. You are absolutely right, I would much rather HP not waste their time removing or turning of features that work perfectly fine without detracting from anyone's experience of using the Touchpad and instead focus their time and energy on implementing the various features that existed in webOS 1.0 and 2.0 and in getting the TouchPad to where we do not have to resort to overclocking and thus risking voiding it's warranty.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    ... it is strange that HP could not find the time or resources to fix and or add from the long list of bugs and missing features, but wasted their time on de-activating perfectly functiong features that not only some of us liked...
    Somehow I suspect that HP didn't simply spend time de-activating perfectly function features. I'd be willing to bet this was the result of them fixing something else, or trying to improve overall performance.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Firstly, HP has not implemented a feature, rather they have removed a perfectly functioning feature that already existed in 3.0.0. In fact, it is strange that HP could not find the time or resources to fix and or add from the long list of bugs and missing features, but wasted their time on de-activating perfectly functiong features that not only some of us liked, but also was something that highlighted the strengths of webOS. You are absolutely right, I would much rather HP not waste their time removing or turning of features that work perfectly fine without detracting from anyone's experience of using the Touchpad and instead focus their time and energy on implementing the various features that existed in webOS 1.0 and 2.0 and in getting the TouchPad to where we do not have to resort to overclocking and thus risking voiding it's warranty.
    Be careful. How do you know it worked perfectly? There were some issues with flash in 3.0.0. This is a function of flash. Flash works better in the 3.0.2 update. Evidence tends to suggest this is a side effect of making flash more stable.
  14. #94  
    I am sorry to say, but creating a problem to solve another, does not seem like a very good way of going about things. Personally and I emphasize personally, I would much rather have the ability to truly muti-task, including cards loading in the background and videos playing in card mode, even if it means making do with the 'flash' issues of 3.0.0.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  15. #95  
    I like the video playing in card mode too. I can bet there's a good reason it doesn't anymore for HP to take it out. We'll probably never know what the motive was. There's not much we can do about it now except beat a dead horse.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    By the way, the video actually still continues to play, borne out by the audio still playing and also the video remaining in sync with the audio when brought back from card view, it's just that the picture is frozen while in card mode.
    that sounds like a bug to me. They probably unintentionally broke it and didn't feel the need or have the time to fix it.
  17. #97  
    has anyone logged it as a bug to HP to see what they would say?
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am sorry to say, but creating a problem to solve another, does not seem like a very good way of going about things. Personally and I emphasize personally, I would much rather have the ability to truly muti-task, including cards loading in the background and videos playing in card mode, even if it means making do with the 'flash' issues of 3.0.0.
    I just don't see how they've created a problem. Pages at DO load in the background, they just don't render in the background because it's a waste of resources.

    Likewise the video still plays when minimized, but HP made the smart decision to only render the video when it's active, so that the app that your switching to doesn't have to take a performance hit.

    A simple case of pleasing the masses over the select few who would want a useless feature that hinders performance.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 08/04/2011 at 07:06 PM.
  19. #99  
    i think the functionality of adding addresses to "Contacts" directly from the mail app should have been resolved.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am sorry to say, but creating a problem to solve another, does not seem like a very good way of going about things. Personally and I emphasize personally, I would much rather have the ability to truly muti-task, including cards loading in the background and videos playing in card mode, even if it means making do with the 'flash' issues of 3.0.0.
    You're assuming it's a "problem" for everyone, but your premise is wrong. Everything in IT is a trade-off, thus makers are always introducing one problem to correct another.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions