Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By HardBeatZ
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
  • 2 Post By HardBeatZ
  1.    #1  
    I uninstalled all my patches before updating my touchpad. After the update I only reinstalled four (private browsing, autostart exhibition, and advanced restart options, increase touchpad volume). His was my first time installing advanced restart options. When I went to restart my device, I noticed that advanced restart options was already applied. So I checked the browser and behold, private browsing is already installed.

tell me I'm not crazy. Is this new to 3.0.2? is HP THIS supportive of homebrew? If so... Awsome!
    Nah, nothin new for webOS 3.x.

Even on 1.x and 2.x, simply closing a patched app and reopening the app would show the changes.

However the problem arising with background applications, like Phone and SystemUI. simply sliding away the Phone's card will not fully close the app, so patched changes won't be visible. So, a LunaSysMgr restart is required to fully and cleanly show all patched changes.

Note: webOS 3.x changed the top bar area to hardcoded binary stuff, so that's why the Advanced Reset Options patch applied without a restart for ya
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    For system apps try "sling shotting" them off the screen, this should completely close the application.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    For system apps try "sling shotting" them off the screen, this should completely close the application.
    Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Launch calendar, close calendar normally then quickly reopen...should be almost instantaneous.

Launch calendar, sling shot calendar, quickly reopen...will take longer.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

I think you misunderstood my meaning. com.palm.systemui and com.palm.launcher are the system "apps" that I was referring. Those require Luna restarts for patches to those to take effect.

However, the slingshot technique is actually really neat and really very good to know
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I think you misunderstood my meaning. com.palm.systemui and com.palm.launcher are the system "apps" that I was referring. Those require Luna restarts for patches to those to take effect.

However, the slingshot technique is actually really neat and really very good to know
    I did misunderstand. Sometimes reading posts I just pick up on key words and run with it.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Jake_M and pavlindrom like this.
    Hmmm.. I EPR'ed before the update and Rreware shows no no patches available. You downloaded your patches from Preware?
    I don't see any patches in preware either.
    Rod said on twitter things would get goin' in 24 hours.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

besides, Slingshotting them gets the Angry Birds sound effect!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    besides, Slingshotting them gets the Angry Birds sound effect!
    But only with the Touchpad in landscape orientation and with the speakers facing up.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Hmmm.. I EPR'ed before the update and Rreware shows no no patches available. You downloaded your patches from Preware?
    I downloaded the patches immediately after getting the update. But if I understand Jason correctly the only reason they appeared to apply was because hp actually included the features I was trying to add.
    Launch calendar, close calendar normally then quickly reopen...should be almost instantaneous.
    Launching email/calendar/messaging the first time is always slow and then after you flick them off the top, they open almost instantly. Then you flick them off the top and again they open very quickly, this happens a couple of times and then once again they open very slowly. Then again the apps open instantly for a couple of times and then the whole cycle repeats itself endlessly. This has always been the problem with webOS and even the phone app on the Pre has the same issue. There is obviously an inherint flaw in the coding of webOS that leads to the sluggishness and slow opening of apps and this problem has remained them on all versions of webOS including 3.0.2. This only difference with the sling shot is that the app always opens slowly after being closed by a sling shot.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad