Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    woohoo.... Not a massive improvement, but things are def smoother and a bit snappier!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    woohoo.... Not a massive improvement, but things are def smoother and a bit snappier!
    Audio and video files are now handled properly. Created music and video folder on USB root and copied over artist folders of mp3s from iTunes and an mp4 video file. Ejected TP and the files were all picked up, arranged and named correctly in the music and video apps.

New Calculator is the same tidy calc from the Pre (albeit a bigger version) and the new Clock/Alarm is the same as per Exhibition.

Software manger also states a new app "Payment Modal Dialogs".
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    I've noticed that they fixed facebook chat on the website. So far so good. Have autodim set now. So far sound is good but gonna add volume patch again.
    Hows video player been changed?
    I notice the Facebook chat working and a couple of web sites that used to re-start the machine now work. Box.net web site is still not functional from the web browser... none of the links are active once you log in (which means I still can't use the Zoho editor to edit documents and of course, there appears to be no update to quickoffice yet).
    Software manager has 3 updates: Audiophile HD, Facebook and TextOne... :-D
    Yup, no quickoffice editing mode :/
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    you sure? somebody previously said it does?

its been a month.. sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

its been a month.. sigh.
    If it does, I didn't find the way to make it work.

Though, everybody says its faster now with update, but oddly my tp was already as fast before (and it is fast)^^
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Just finished updating! HPalm is making it right. Gotta love the smooth installation process on the touchpad. Great job Devs!!! Looking forward to the updates in software and quickoffice now.
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    As for video player, I noticed files now show up in the directories. As for quality of video... I can't really tell because I never really saw a problem with video in the first place. Nice to see the alarm clock back. So far sound hasn't cut out yet. Email scrolls list faster and calender moves from day to day a little faster.. about a second pause between days.
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

its been a month.. sigh.

Yah, still no QO editing.

the performance is MUCH better within quick office (and the entire OS) that it makes reading documents much much much more usable!

seriously only thing missing for me now is editing and creating documents, once that's available i am all set!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    am I the only one having problems updating? Keeps saying cant connect, after I hit download.... It just spins. My net is working fine as I'm using it to type.
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    am I the only one having problems updating? Keeps saying cant connect, after I hit download.... It just spins. My net is working fine as I'm using it to type.
    mine did that. I installed with the Dr. But I've really beat up my to (software wise) in the last month so its not too weird.

oh yeah, the update is great. Speedy and tons of little changes that make things more polished. If HP keeps this up I'll be very happy.