Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just curious who went thru the process without removing patches, haven't seen any problem threads pop up yet but I am curious. Firing up carbon to see if there is anything from WebOSInternals yet.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Me. Left all the speed patches inplace.

It's done updating... Just rebooting now....

Will post if i see any problems
    I noticed FolderRSS is freakingly fast. I uninstalled the patches before updating.
    Last edited by jalaed18; 08/01/2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Left all patches installed before updating, everything says it is there but PreWare is taking forever to update the feeds.

Probably erased all the feed info previously stored during update. Feeds all updated but only shows me the packages I installed, shos no data for any other feeds, will probably need to wait for a day or two to validate everything.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    Me. Left all the speed patches inplace.

It's done updating... Just rebooting now....

Will post if i see any problems
    Are you using the extra launcher pages? This is the one I really don't want to uninstall.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    OldSkool,
    I have the Add Launcher Pages installed and it is still there and all icons are right where I placed them before the update. You're good to go!
    Just updated with patches. Advanced Reset Options broke.
    Didn't leave any, but couldn't re-install "muffle system logging," or "remove dropped packet logging" after the update.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Yeah, I left all mine as well. Everything is fine so far
    Updating now but I chickened out and removed patches. Will only take a few minutes to reinstall if you gents have no issues being the guinea pigs. ;-)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by d-larsen View Post
    OldSkool,
    I have the Add Launcher Pages installed and it is still there and all icons are right where I placed them before the update. You're good to go!

Awesome! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    Just updated with patches. Advanced Reset Options broke.
    Removing and reinstalling this patch seems to have re-enabled the advanced option menu.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Lost glass effect after update, however removed and re-installed patch....working fine now.
    I updated without removing any patches, the UberKernel 3.0.0-22 or the Add Launcher Tabs and everything still works FLAWLESS after the update.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    I took my patches off before the update but ran into some errors when I went to reinstall them. Here's some patches that gave me trouble.

Patches that failed
    add button to clear recent searches from just type
    email body dismissable

I think there is one more patch but I forgot to write it down.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    Didn't leave any, but couldn't re-install "muffle system logging," or "remove dropped packet logging" after the update.
    left all of mine, noticed several broke after update. So removed all AFTER but couldn't get these same 2 back plus faster card animations. Al others back in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Are you using the extra launcher pages? This is the one I really don't want to uninstall.
    I had the launcher pages on my first TP, when I had to get a new one and logged into my webOS profile, the games and homebrew launcher pages were there, none of the preware patches, but the launcher pages were there.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Wando Red
    Palm Pilot (3COM), Palm III, Palm V, Treo 650, Palm Pre, TouchPad 16G, HTC Arrive (WP7)
    I removed my theme and all patches. I downloaded, unpacked and validated but after validating the status bar is now empty and just hanging. isn't it supposed to automatically restart the device? I still have the message "will take up to 15 mins".
    Left all of my patches on, no issues as usual, as always, thank you webOS Internals
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I purposely removed all mine so I could judge any improvements in this release. I just wish I'd waited a few minutes for feedback to start rolling in about the Launcher pages, I removed that Linux App (after moving everything from those tabs to Favorites and tapping DONE). I restarted my TouchPad before applying the update and when it came back up nothing was on my Favorites tab

my Quick Launch, Apps and Settings tabs were back to default values and everything is dumped on my Downloads tab again. argh!

so I've just reinstalled those tabs, so now I get to move everything back around. let that be a lesson - do NOT bother to remove the launcher pages!!

Clarice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast