Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did, but now Preware has a long error list when launching and I can't install certain patches. I removed Advanced Reset Options since it wasn't working, and can't find it in a search to reinstall.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am getting the same error.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I removed all patches, then installed the update. Now I get a list of error messages whenever I open Prepare then an OK bar. When I click the OK, Prepare open and searches My Touch Pad for apps. The problem is that under the available packages, there are no patches, not even a patches category. I tried uninstalling Preware and reinstalling using Quick Install (developer's mode and all). But when run it does the same thing. Is this happening to anyone else?

BTW the Touch Pad runs great with the upgrade, very close to the speed of the pre-upgrade TP with the patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by narcoleptic View Post
    I did, but now Preware has a long error list when launching and I can't install certain patches. I removed Advanced Reset Options since it wasn't working, and can't find it in a search to reinstall.
    I am having this same issue. Wondered if it caused issues since updated while still in developer mode.
    sent via my Touchpad and Webos 3.0.
    Getting long list of errors as well. I had removed all patches and then uninstalled preware. Reinstalled it now does not even show a list of patches after error
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I installed update 3.0.2 with patches. Update went fine with no problems. But now none of the Preware patches are working. Preware says they are installed but they don't appear to be working. It's like they really are not installed.

I removed 'Removed Tap Ripple' (did reboot) and then tried to install it again. It won't install and comes up with the IPKG Log screen. It's still in Dev mode.

Any ideas how to fix?
    Folks,

Same here. Looks like the Private Browsing and Just Type Clear History patches are not in effect.

*WORKAROUND

I manually add the old patches feed...
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/3.0.1

Then everything shows again and reinstall the ones I want. Try it yourself.
    Last edited by howi; 08/01/2011 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Workaround
  8.    #28  
    I checked Twitter rod, had posted the 3.0.2 feeds will be open within the next 24 hours. My errors finally went away (wad getting a similar list as posted above)looked like it was all feeds looking for 3.0.2. I removed advanced restart and throttle before I saw God's tweet. Remember even once webosinternals opens the feeds some items won't show up until the patch devs or others have tested for compatibility. This is why webosinternals and rod suggest waiting st least 24 hours for us patchers so they can test compatibility with the oat.

not sure but some stuff may be in the testing feeds, you would have to check with those folks on that, I don't have time tonight or tomorrow to look or inquire.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have the same problem. It says that the patches re installed, but it does not work, nor do any patches show up in the feeds. It seems that it is not loading the patches feed.

Quote Originally Posted by lmattix View Post
    I removed all patches, then installed the update. Now I get a list of error messages whenever I open Prepare then an OK bar. When I click the OK, Prepare open and searches My Touch Pad for apps. The problem is that under the available packages, there are no patches, not even a patches category. I tried uninstalling Preware and reinstalling using Quick Install (developer's mode and all). But when run it does the same thing. Is this happening to anyone else?

BTW the Touch Pad runs great with the upgrade, very close to the speed of the pre-upgrade TP with the patches.
    *WORKAROUND

I manually add the old patches feed...
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/3.0.1

Then everything shows again and reinstall the ones I want. Try with your patches and see if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I checked Twitter rod, had posted the 3.0.2 feeds will be open within the next 24 hours. My errors finally went away (wad getting a similar list as posted above)looked like it was all feeds looking for 3.0.2. I removed advanced restart and throttle before I saw God's tweet. Remember even once webosinternals opens the feeds some items won't show up until the patch devs or others have tested for compatibility. This is why webosinternals and rod suggest waiting st least 24 hours for us patchers so they can test compatibility with the oat.

not sure but some stuff may be in the testing feeds, you would have to check with those folks on that, I don't have time tonight or tomorrow to look or inquire.

Thanks for the info, makes sense, I have got rid of all the error messages now. Had to go through computer management on my computer to remove all patches and such I had installed. As for missing patches as you stated makes sense that it is possibly back in testing.

An of course you are right should of waited like webosinternals suggested. Oh well live and learn. Patience is a virtue and I tend to lack virtue at the best of times ;-)
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    same problem here. Howi has it right, you must manually load a new feed for 3.0.1 as howi stated. Refresh your feeds and you remove and re-install any broken patches.
    d-larsen,

Hi. Though not all patches can be reinstalled with success e.g. the Just Type Clear History button.
    Feeds are back up and working, no errors, some patches are already updated too.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Left all of my patches on, no issues as usual, as always, thank you webOS Internals

Same goes for me . Didn't remove 'em and all is well in AUPTland.

TY webOS Internals.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12