Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
  1.    #1  
    This is the thread for reporting bugs in webOS 3.0.2. Special rules apply to this thread, so please read before you post.

This thread isn't for general chat.

We also aren't going to use if for general complaints and rants.

We're going to keep it clean, specific, and organized in order for HP to have easy access to confirmed bugs.

Keep your replies to either confirm a posted 'bug' by another member, or to list a possible new bug.

Please follow the criteria laid out below in both confirmations and posting of possible new bugs.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Tips for recording a great bug

1. Identify
    Proper identification of a bug is the most important thing when it comes to reporting a bug. If something happens only once is it really a bug? It’s also important to be able to know the different between expected behavior and unexpected behavior, sometimes things we perceive are bugs are not bugs at all, however when it doubt assume it’s a bug.
    2. Isolate
    Take all other factors out of the equation. Although preware is likely not the issue, it’s best to ensure a bug continues to appear with no software that could interfere
    3. Describe
    Others rely on what you say is a bug to attempt to replicate, and verify that it is a bug. Be descriptive, make sure you list enough information for someone else to come behind you and know exactly what you are talking about.
    4. Replicate
    So you found a bug and you have isolated, now it’s time to replicate. It’s important to replicate the bug so you can document exact steps it takes to reproduce the bug. This is key for further testing.
    5. Verify
    Once you have replicated that is a bug verify, post it in the forums and let others attempt to make sure they see what you see, as others post bugs you can do the same.

Other key tips when filing your bug

1. Make your bug the first thing people see. The first line of your post should be the bug you have experienced.
    2. Don’t write a wall of text. If there is a giant wall of text most people are just going to pass it by. Bullet list if possible.
    3. Make sense and use proper grammar. That’s not to say that we should all be 100 percent perfect English, but someone coming behind you shouldn’t have a hard time reading what you wrote.
    4. Document, document, document. While avoiding number 2 you want to document as much information as you can
    5. Include a screen shot if possible.

Questions to answer

The following questions are questions you can easily answer that are going to help discern as much as possible what the bug is.

1. Give a brief description of what happened.
    2. Do you receive any error messages?
    3. What are the expected results?
    4. What application exhibits the symptom?
    5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)
    6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?
    a. If so, what application and where from?
    7. What are you doing when the issue happens?
    8. When did the symptom first appear?
    9. How frequently does the symptom occur?
    10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
    11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
    . List exact steps to replicate issue
    12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router)
    . Manufacturer :
    a. Model Number:
    b. Version / Revision:
    c. Year:
    13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)***

***Further communication with HP would likely be through the private message feature in Precentral unless otherwise noted.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks to the work of member amrcc, we have a summary list of the bugs reports so far. Hopefully we can update it periodically.

Thanks amrcc!

TouchPad Bug List
    -Does not include websites that have "unexpected behavior" - there is a seperate thread for that for stuff like PreCentral forums/searchbox doesn't work.
    -If your issue is not listed here, we need more details, ie. Screenshots or verification of bug from another TP user, etc.
    Last Updated: 8/3/11 - 7pm CST

Reported here and people are working on duplicating/getting necessary details:
    - If verified - Waiting for submission to HP
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Browser - new cards not multitask rendering (they get stuck or fuzzy)
    Verified - 3.02 -Photo/Video App - mysterious "little white square" and rescanning of files
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -e-mail - notification sound kills system sounds if set to "Ringtone"
    3.00/3.02 -e-mail - "An error occurred downloading this message" when recipient list is large
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Wifi - "Captive Portal" issues
    3.00/3.02 -Flash - Autostart/Enable Flash options in Browser do not seem to work
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Skype - messages sent then appearing as a separate conversation from me to me.
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Phone - Missed call notification in the notification tray is old "rounded corner format"
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Skype video issues
    Verified - 3.00 -Empty notifications
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -SelectTxt - SelectAll only selects visible txt not entire field contents
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Volume issues (there is a homebrew "Linux App" for that)
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Scrolling - Scrolling does not stop when touched
    3.00/3.02 -Wifi - WPA2 support?
    3.00/3.02 -Exibition - locks up/Facebook will not work coming out of it
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 - Bluetooth connect to Pre echos
    3.00/3.02 - Exibition - FlipClock displays 00:00 at midnight
    3.00 - Sometimes Shift key sticks on BT keyboard
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 - Calendar shows previous day when launched
    3.00/3.02 -BT Keyboard - "accidentally hit random keys on bt keyboard" and the TouchPad went into some "touch recording" mode which stated "Press SYM + OPT + U to exit"
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Wifi Connection issues

Aknolowedged and reported to HP via HardBeatz:
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Browser/Flash - SiriusXM Online WebPlayer = no audio
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -General - Video files bigger than 1 or 2 GB do not play
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -e-mail - Notification of email reply tap uses first account in the list
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Bowser - Bottom of pages issues
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Browser - Sidescrolling issues
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -e-mail - Very difficult to past into To: field
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -MusicPlayer - tapping notification does not switch to MusicPlayer App
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -VideoPlayer - VideoPlayer issues when the TouchPad's language is set to German.
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Plantronics BackBeat 903 bluetooth headset issues
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Browser/AppCat - Back/Next, it returns to top of page instead of prev location
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Going to "Sony PS3 News, cheats, reviews & more" restarts TP
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -VPN Authentication
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Calendar -Google Calendar Sync issues
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -FacebookApp - DoublePosts
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -e-mail - Yahoo account Sent folder shows recipients' names shows my name for each email
    Verified - 3.00/3.02 -Certificate manager issues

Deemed not WebOS bugs and/or suggested opening thread outside of this one:
    - Caused by third party app/service/patch
    - Deemed a "Feature"/working as designed
    - No followup with more details or verification from other users

*3.00/3.02 -e-mail - notificiation sync, read message via PC-it should clear notification on TP
    - verification from another user that this works when sync set to on arrival
    *PreCentral forum search/comment/voting issues
    *Hotmail issues in the browser
    *WebOS Live Chat issues
    *Facebook Bottom of the Page issues/Chat in the browser
    *Gmail Bottom of the Page issue/Standard version Vs Basic HTML version problems in the browser
    *Google+ TopBar issues in the browser
    *Craigslist login issues
    *Music player/Pandora still stutters w/Bluetooth
    *Software Manager update issues via notifications
    *YouTube Bottom of the Page issues/scrolling issues in the browser
    *Videos play only in two of the orientations
    *AppCat doesn't do full screen or popouts of the App screenshots
    *QuickOffice issues
    *Citrix Reciever only works sometimes, does not support HTTPS
    *Bookmark thumbnails/reorder requests

Reported here and fixed in current or previous update:
    Default Calendar setting
    Some of the Skype instability
    App Catalog: displaying incorrect titles of currently selected catagories in Right Pane ie "All Items"
    Body of e-mails not showing
    AngryBirds exiting by itself
    "Review App" in the AppCat word rapping issues
    Location and scanning of media files/folders issues
    Just Type issues
    Attach files in e-mail dialog
    AutoCorrect issues
    Display names of video files
    Touchy Orientation
    Wifi preferences sleep settings - it still reads "When Phone Sleeps"
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/03/2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: added summary list compiled by amrcc
    Update failed, now sitting at exclamation point

Update downloaded, after rebooting, the touchpad power cycled itselfed several times, each time the screen said it was updating. Now I'm at a screen with an exclamation point, and the website www.palm.com/ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by jempet View Post
    Update failed, now sitting at exclamation point

Update downloaded, after rebooting, the touchpad power cycled itselfed several times, each time the screen said it was updating. Now I'm at a screen with an exclamation point, and the website www.palm.com/ROM
    I would like to get log files from the device to see why it failed, but since you have reached that screen the only recourse of action is to webOS doctor the device.

With that being said you have two options
    1. Doctor now with 3.0.0 and attempt to update again
    2. Wait until the 3.0.2 doctor launches then doctor with that.

Number 1 is preferable because if it fails again we can grab log files and find out why.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I doctored back to 3.0.0. I would be happy to provide the logs you requested, if they are still available on the device. I am now waiting the first boot after webOS doctor restored. It seems to be taking a very long time.
    ijip likes this.
    ok, back up
    Since you doctored logs will not be available. I only want logs if the update fails again.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    damn, hope it works out. My update just went through smoothly. Make sure ure TP has enough power to update too. If its below 30% it won't go through....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  8.    #8  
    Please remember that this thread is only for reporting bugs (see post #1). We will be deleting posts from this thread that are not bug reports or followups on them.

There are several other threads for reporting your update successes.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/01/2011 at 06:17 PM.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    email notifications still don't clear if the mails are already read on another device.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    varavant likes this.
    scrolling up/down YouTube favorites brings up annoying message your list is empty..use this button to add videos or load a diff list. Seems like if you scroll down it pops up..it doesn't if you scroll up..why such things are not tested and verified..iPad doesn't have such issues..usually.
    @palpre06062009 are they supposed to?
    The first bug that seems to have escaped fixing in the update is the Software manager not being able to update the available app update.

A little while after the TouchPad finished updating and rebooting, a Software Manager notification appeared, stating that 'one' app update is available. Upon clicking the notification, the 'software maanger' opened and after a few seconds reported that "This action could not be completed. Try again later". This is the exact same problem I have been facing almost for over three weeks now and according to several posts and threads in this forum, many others have been facing this same issue. I had really been hoping that this would be one of the biugs that would be fixed in webOS 2.0.2, but alas it looks like it was not to be. Here's to hoping for another update soon.

EDIT: Based on other people's posts, apparently the available update is for the Facebook app. Fortunately the option to update via the 'App Catalog' is still there.

EDIT 2: Updated Facebook to version 2.0.35 via the 'App catalog'.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/01/2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    llj69 and chodaboy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    damn, hope it works out. My update just went through smoothly. Make sure ure TP has enough power to update too. If its below 30% it won't go through....
    Make SURE the battery is well above 50%; having it plugged in or on the Touchstone would be a good idea too, if you're close.

During download, unpack, verify, the battery was at ~54%; the installation halted when the battery went below 50%, giving me a message stating that it would not resume until the battery was 50% or higher. Set it on the Touchstone, assuming that direct power input would bypass the error. It did not. Plugged the power cord directly in, assuming that direct power input would bypass the error. It did not. So I left it plugged in and on the Touchstone.

The update gave me the option to resume once the battery level went to 50%.

Would seem that this type of error shouldn't occur when plugged in and/or sitting on the Touchstone.

In any case, install is now progressing again.
    when video file is opened using a file manager..the resident video player opens only in card view. Video is not visible..can only hear audio. By default it should open in full screen view..again little things that give the polish look
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The first bug that seems to have escaped fixing in the update is the Software manager not being able to update the available app update.

A little while after the TouchPad finished updating and rebooting, a Software Manager notification appeared, stating that 'one' app update is available. Upon clicking the notification, the 'software maanger' opened and after a few seconds reported that "This action could not be completed. Try again later". This is the exact same problem I have been facing almost for over three weeks now and according to several posts and threads in this forum, many others have been facing this same issue. I had really been hoping that this would be one of the biugs that would be fixed in webOS 2.0.2, but alas it looks like it was not to be. Here's to hoping for another update soon.

EDIT: Based on other people's posts, apparently the available update is for the Facebook app. Fortunately the option to update via the 'App Catalog' is still there.

i've got this annoying bug you mentioned. Sad to see 3.0.2 didn't fix it. hopefully the software manager up will be pushed out as a update to fix it. as a workaround can install individual updates from app catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    email notifications still don't clear if the mails are already read on another device.
    Sounds like a feature request, not a bug.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post

I don't believe I have personally seen this escalated or anything like that, let me do some research and may be in contact with users who have the problem to attempt to get log files.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

chodaboy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    when video file is opened using a file manager..the resident video player opens only in card view. Video is not visible..can only hear audio. By default it should open in full screen view..again little things that give the polish look
    We don't have a built in supported file manager.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

AMR-1 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    We don't have a built in supported file manager.
    There is internal pro and another one in app catalog. so i can open a file using file manager...didn't have this problem with palm pre...Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Sounds like a feature request, not a bug.
    This is a bug. On palm pre it clears up automatically which it should since the messages are already read...wish all the good things on palm pre devices were ported on to touchpad so that we don't have to go thru this all over again.
    rkruger and mx2001 like this.
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast