Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Links below to threads discussing the problem of no notifications of available updates by the software manager and also not being able to update from any available updates notification.

system updates doesnt tell me I have updates

Is anyone else seeing THIS?!?
    I need some log files from devices that are experiencing the software manager not launching.

After you are able to succcessfully reproduce the issue perform the following steps.

1. Launch Device Info
    2. Select menu and diagnostics
    3. Select menu and collect logs
    4. Tap on quick log create
    5. Email log file to [contact me for email address]
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by kagbenu View Post
    Another abnormal behaviour in music app : some MP3 files are well displayed but cannot be played. When hitting the "play" button, nothing happens. For now, I'm unable to determine what is the difference between files playing correctly and other ones. All of them are encoded in MP3, 192kbit/sec.
    I usually use my Zune for music but was playing around with my music on TP and had some problems playing some titles as well. Noticed that some of my titles had special characters or were a bit long. After renaming the file by removing the characters or shortening it resolved some of my problems.
    BUG Report. E-mail client stopped to download message texts for Google Mail account. "An error occurred downloading this message"

1. Give a brief description of what happened.

E-mail app not render messages then I receive them on the Touchpad. I'm getting the message "An error occurred downloading this message" and below it a tab with the word "reload" - which does not resolve the issue.

2. Do you receive any error messages?

Yes. "An error occurred downloading this message"

3. What are the expected results?

Message text.

4. What application exhibits the symptom?

5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)

Google Mail

6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?

No

7. What are you doing when the issue happens?

Reboot. Removed the account and create it again.

8. When did the symptom first appear?

about 2 days ago

9. How frequently does the symptom occur?

Permanently

10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?

-
    11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?

No

13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)

yes
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Can you give me an example websites that exhibit these behaviors?
    The web sites I experience these issues with are not reachable via the public Internet.

I have created 2 simple web pages attempting to demonstrate the behaviors. However, while attempting to recreate issue #1, I found the HP Touchpad browser was properly following the redirect. I'll need to capture packets to determine why I cannot duplicate issue #1.

Issue #1: HP Touchpad Issue #1
    Issue #2: HP Touchpad Issue #2

Update:

I found the root cause for issue #1. If a web server does not end the initial HTTP response with a CRLF, then the HP Touchpad browser does not perform the redirect properly. Now that I know the cause, I can fix it for my case. However, this is the only browser I have delt with that has this issue.

I have not read the recent HTML standards, but I assume both of the issues I have identified are caused by having a very strict HTTP parsing engine.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by ultrajones; 08/17/2011 at 07:41 PM.
    My games (pdk apps) just close themselves after a few seconds, which is super annoying. especially as I just bought a new game.
    Quote Originally Posted by wshekyls View Post
    My games (pdk apps) just close themselves after a few seconds, which is super annoying. especially as I just bought a new game.
    Try restarting the TouchPad.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    My TP crashes and reboot when I'm watching a flash (youtube) video for 5+ minutes. Happened several times already, very anoying !!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thought I would add my day 1 experiences to this thread to highlight some setup issues I have had.

1. Give a brief description of what happened.

I note there is already a logged "wifi/connection issues" but specifically my problem is around the encryption methods. I am unable to connect to my network if WPA2-PSK [AES] for 802.11g/b or WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] for 802.11n is selected with a pass key on my Netgear DG834N. If, however, I select WPA-PSK [TKIP] with a pass key, I am able to connect. MAC address filtering works and does not interfere with replicating this issue.

2. Do you receive any error messages?

Only the standard "unable to connect" message. Logs have been submitted to 'logcollection_roav@palm.com' for feedback.

3. What are the expected results?

To be able to connect to wifi without issue.

4. What application exhibits the symptom?

Wifi connection.

5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)

Wifi connection settings.

6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?

Issue was replicated before AND after downloading the fresh webOS update, using the SystemUpdate function. I have since put the homebrew package onto one of the TP but the wifi problems presented themselves before.

a. If so, what application and where from?

All suggestions from the "New Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide" thread.

7. What are you doing when the issue happens?

Nothing other than trying to connect to wifi.

8. When did the symptom first appear?

At initial setup and after installing the new webOS update.

9. How frequently does the symptom occur?

Persistent at present. Have had to resort to using WPA-PSK [TKIP] for the time being.

10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?

Specific to the encryption method selected.

11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
    . List exact steps to replicate issue

Log into router. Select Wireless Settings. Change encryption method to WPA2-PSK [AES] for 802.11b/g or WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] for 802.11n. Set pass key. Click apply. 10-20 seconds later both Touchpads drop off the network. Change the encryption back to WPA-PSK [TKIP] and set the pass key and click apply. Touchpads then return to the network 10-20 seconds later.

12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router)
    . Manufacturer : Netgear
    a. Model Number: DG834N
    b. Version / Revision: v1 using firmware V1.01.06 - DGTeam Rev. 0743
    c. Year: Unsure (3-4 yrs old)

13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)***

Yes. Although logs already submitted as mentioned above.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I didn't see this reported in this thread, but I could easily have missed it. I've seen it mentioned in several other threads unrelated to the touchpad though.

There's an issue with the EHLO/HELO of the webos mail client. It *should* be identifying itself using the IP or FQDN of the client's ISP or whatever, but instead it uses ...
    Code:
    www.palm.com
    (can't believe the board rewrites that url and adds all that BS...guess i'll put it in code tags..) - this isn't always a problem, but there are plenty of mail servers that will reject mail delivered when it doesn't match.

here's a piece of a header sent from the webos mail client in 3.0 (pre-update)
    Code:
    Received: from www.palm.com (redacted.host.tld [redacted.ip.address.here])
            by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id a29sm495351yhj.45.2011.08.23.14.36.34
            (version=SSLv3 cipher=OTHER);
            Tue, 23 Aug 2011 14:36:35 -0700 (PDT)
    to reproduce:
    add an email account (in this case, my wife's gmail account)
    send an email using said account
    look at the headers on the recipient's mail account (assuming their mail server didn't reject it because of the borked HELO/EHLO)

Thanks
    Last edited by m0unds; 08/24/2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: working around the board's stupid url rewriting nonsense
    it is the largest octopus ever recorded.
    sara.ramli likes this.
    MESSAGING: The first time you select a buddy/friend and send them a message, it says there are offline when they are NOT! Happens with Google and Yahoo accounts, maybe all of them. If you continue typing more stuff to them, no message, but if you switch to another account and switch back, it says they are offline again when they're not! Maddening!

I should add then when I select the contact, which on the left has a green dot, the dot is grayed out for the contact at the top of the chat pane. This happens with both Yahoo and Google accounts... havent tested others. Maybe this is the cause?

EDIT: Problem solved.... it just needed a lot of minutes to... sync? Strange.
    Last edited by ElektroDragon; 08/24/2011 at 02:52 AM.
    Adobe PDF reader is quite slow to load files with large volumes of pages, and very time consuming to navigate. Please improve! Please! Many people need this as an e-reader and it's hardly adequate for large manuals. There should be a place to type in the page number to skip to it, instead of slowly scrolling through hundreds of pages. Please help!
    I'm just curious...do we think HP is serious enough about webOS to be monitoring this stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by cbf123 View Post
    I'm just curious...do we think HP is serious enough about webOS to be monitoring this stuff?
    I take every bit of what I do with nothing but seriousness.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I take every bit of what I do with nothing but seriousness.
    *hugz*
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    My problems with losing WiFi are described here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ouchpad-7.html

The BIGGEST PROBLEM: existing cards do not work with restored WiFi connection. After restoring WiFi, I have to close all existing cards (cards using Internet) and open all card again.

So, losing WiFI is a problem, but I can restore it through WiFi Off/On. BUT I cannot make existing card to work again. I have to close and re-open all my web pages, emails, streaming contents etc. So far, it is the biggest issue.

With this problem, multi-tasking becomes zero-tasking, because what is good about multi-tasking if single tasks are not reliable. On the good side, I do not have any other card crashes except caused by lost WiFi/Internet connection. So the system is stable with exception of WiFi. BTW, WiFi connection can always be broken (interferences, thunderstorm, signal strength) so the system should not be so vulnerable to lost connection; it should gracefully continue after the connection is restored.
    Last edited by smatofu; 08/24/2011 at 01:09 PM.
    My TouchPad sometimes just won't wake up. It randomly powers down into a deep sleep then won't wake up unless I press Power, Volume Up, and Home all at the same time but then it takes around 30 seconds to wake. It's frustrating because I think it's like...bricked. I'm about to do webOS doctor on it. It's on 3.0.2. I did overclock it, but I've always over clocked my Androids to no issues...sorry, webOS noob.
    When I download documents like PDF and .doc files through secure websites I cannot open them. I get a Quickoffice error saying unsupported file and the file name has "%20" in between each word. When I download the exact same files to my computer and upload to box.net I have no problem downloading or opening them on TP. Also no issues with these file types on "open" websites. Seems if I have to login the downloads won't open. Anyone else experience this? It feels like a browser issue, maybe to do with credentials.

thoughts?
    just noticed an issue with emails I reply to on the TP. It does not appears to save the reply in the Sent folder.

Am I missing something ?
    Hey everyone,
    I have a strange issue with my touchpad that i haven't really seen an answer to yet. Basically, whenever i try to turn off the touchpad by holding the top button, the box that says turn off stays completely blank. I took a screenshot of the problem.

http://i.imgur.com/E2lkt.jpg

Essentially i either have to go into device info to turn off the table or do a hard reset by pressing the home and power button. Thanks in advance for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    caller to me still hears his voice as echo when call is routed to my touchpad from preplus w 2.1.
    Got the same thing, with both pre2 and pre3.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast