Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Behavior not seen in WebOS 3.0.0 from Contact field that auto-fills the Bing Maps App entry field.

To duplicate the issue:

1. Go to a Contact that has a physical address in your Contact App (used the Alamo as a test reference).

contacts_2011-03-08_233614.png

2. Tap on the address which should bring up the Bing Maps app.

3. As shown circled in image below, the address in the entry field that was auto-filled from the Contacts App (address field) is showing the entry breaks (ex: San<br/).

maps_2011-03-08_232634.png

This was not seen in WebOS 3.0.0 and is now visible in WebOS 3.0.2. In WebOS 3.0.0, the entry field would display the address cleanly and without the entry breaks. It's a minor bug that will still render the correction location within the Bing Map app but this was not the behavior in WebOS 3.0.0 and it's probably not the expected behavior for WebOS 3.0.2.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I have not seen this discussed recently - touchpad possessed! Since the update it has happened 3 times. This morning I had only been trying to load precentral webpage and all of the sudden apps were launching themselves and closing themselves. It was amazing to watch. The only way I made it stop was to hold down The power to shut down. It happened again immediately after reboot. After next reboot. It was ok until I opened an email. Then the touchpad just kept typing letters before i even began typing. Had to shut down again to make it stop. It appears to be stable since then.
    Got my Touchpad yesterday and immediately updated, so I have no 3.0.0 experience.

I feel, the Touchpad lags in lots of situations. Especially with 2-3 browser cards open. I don't know how it was before, but it still isn't ok.

Bugs I found so far:
    - pdf reader does not fully re-render but from some point on just zoom the text, when pinching - makes the text blurry - doesn't get better with waiting
    - Exhibition mode photos app does not remember which albums to display and which not after a device-reboot (especially annoying because every music folder with album-covers gets displayed as "foto-album")
    - Exhibition mode photos app does, however, remember when I had the album-selection dialog open when I took up my TP last time and displays the dialog open again when starting E-mode again. I think this would be better when the dialog was closed then.
    Last edited by rot; 08/04/2011 at 08:57 AM.
    After a restart on your TouchPad the appointments will show up. The same with deleted appointments, they actually disappear after a restart of te device. Calendar is just useless....
    App Catalog had/has apps that are not valid. I opened my App catalog yesterday morning, as I do every morning, to look at the New apps. I tapped New, then tapped the ReadList app. I got an error message from the App Catalog stating "This is not a valid HP webOS application." Surprising, yes. Unfortunately, that error page contains no back button (sure would be nice to have gestures back!!), so I had to exit the App Catalog and relaunch it.

Upon relaunch I went back to New apps and tapped the ZenSearch HD app. I got the same invalid app error message. Again, no back button and no way to get rid of the error screen, so I had to close the App Catalog. I have attached screenshots for you.

There needs to be a back button on this error screen. Also, why are there invalid webOS apps in the App Catalog in the first place?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    bibiana likes this.
    The volume indicator does not show up when screen is off. Let's say I am playing an mp3 file on my TP and I have the screen turned off. If I press the volume button up or down the screen will momentarily come back on, yet it does not show the volume icon in the middle of the screen.

However, if the screen is already turned on and I press the volume button up or down, the volume icon will pop up on the screen for a moment...which is the correct action.
    OpenSearch-compatible engines keep filling up my Just Type engine list even when I swipe away the notification (essentially telling the TP, "No, I do not wish to add."). The engines should not show up in Just Type unless I tap the notification "Tap to add as Search Engine". Right? Please fix this bug.
    richardtank likes this.
    I am still happy using the tp at home and thought the ota would solve my problems on a different wifi at work but still having exact same issues at work.
    So maybe its the settings on the wifi at work. Sent in the log before the ota.

At work I am using a Linksys e2500

Can anybody tell me which settings I should be using on the linksys 2500 for the touch pad.
    no audio when playing a film in the browser.
    elsewhere somebody said it was recognized already, but this is making the device half useless
    when will it be solved?

another huge bug: pricedumping of 100$ comming with the update. do early adopters get this disount as well....
    After a full nights Facebook Exhibition mode use, I can never load the actaul Facebook App again until a reboot. It'll just stay in the launching splash screen endlessly. This was a problem before 3.0.2 as well. However, Facebook exhibition mode seems to make it through the night now with the 3.0.2 update. (although I've only tried once so far)
    I'm having issues with open cards going grey and stopping. I only have around 5 cards open and the touchpad becomes useless with multitasking because the open cards have to reload. This is even happening with email, which shouldn't have to reload at all.

I didn't have this problem with 3.0 and this is defeating the purpose of a multitasking tablet for me.

Rebooting hasn't helped either.

This is starting to get ridiculous
    leek likes this.
    Here is my list of annoying issues. Hope this helps:

-Unable to zoom example pictures in app catalog (which can with OS2.x)
    -Unable to view all comments in app reviews (which can with OS2.x)
    -Unable to search mailbox names in email app (which can with OS2.x)
    -IMAP Messages stays unread, while read on another device.
    -Unable to stream audio to BlueTooth connected Jabra Jambox and Jabra Era
    -Unable to login a Synology diskstation (DSM 3.1, and 3.2) Error: You have logged in and out of DSM using another web browser, or DiskStation has been restarted. Please log in to DSM again."
    -Adding favorites, the icon image is incorrectly rendered, or not at all. So the favorites page contain all grey icons.

Let me know if i can help with this.

Richard
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    satchmo82 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Here is my list of annoying issues. Hope this helps:

-Unable to zoom example pictures in app catalog (which can with OS2.x)
    Heck yes, this is so annoying. Please fix this bug.
    varavant and satchmo82 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    ... an error message from the App Catalog stating "This is not a valid HP webOS application." Surprising, yes. Unfortunately, that error page contains no back button (sure would be nice to have gestures back!!), so I had to exit the App Catalog and relaunch it.

There needs to be a back button on this error screen. Also, why are there invalid webOS apps in the App Catalog in the first place?
    I can confirm the issue w/ the invalid app and message having no way back.
    bibiana likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The first bug that seems to have escaped fixing in the update is the Software manager not being able to update the available app update.

A little while after the TouchPad finished updating and rebooting, a Software Manager notification appeared, stating that 'one' app update is available. Upon clicking the notification, the 'software maanger' opened and after a few seconds reported that "This action could not be completed. Try again later". This is the exact same problem I have been facing almost for over three weeks now and according to several posts and threads in this forum, many others have been facing this same issue. I had really been hoping that this would be one of the biugs that would be fixed in webOS 2.0.2, but alas it looks like it was not to be. Here's to hoping for another update soon.

EDIT: Based on other people's posts, apparently the available update is for the Facebook app. Fortunately the option to update via the 'App Catalog' is still there.

EDIT 2: Updated Facebook to version 2.0.35 via the 'App catalog'.
    I don't believe I have personally seen this escalated or anything like that, let me do some research and may be in contact with users who have the problem to attempt to get log files.
    It is quite surprising that you have missed this issue. Specially considering that this issue was discussed in several threads, including a thread of it's own, and there are many people who have complained of having this issue.

Here are a couple of threads that I could find easily, where the issue had been brought up by several members. In fact in one of the posts 'Cantaffordit' had stated that this was a known issue and expected to be rectified in 3.0.2.

system updates doesnt tell me I have updates

HP App catalog update available

Hopefully HP will see the importance of this issue and will try to address it asap.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    You cannot paste a WPA key into the field in wi-fi settings.

This is rather annoying for long&difficult to enter keys.
    leek likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    App Catalog had/has apps that are not valid. I opened my App catalog yesterday morning, as I do every morning, to look at the New apps. I tapped New, then tapped the ReadList app. I got an error message from the App Catalog stating "This is not a valid HP webOS application." Surprising, yes. Unfortunately, that error page contains no back button (sure would be nice to have gestures back!!), so I had to exit the App Catalog and relaunch it.

Upon relaunch I went back to New apps and tapped the ZenSearch HD app. I got the same invalid app error message. Again, no back button and no way to get rid of the error screen, so I had to close the App Catalog. I have attached screenshots for you.

this has to do with new apps to the catalog simply not being ready to be downloaded yet.I'm not sure why HP chooses to make them visible before they're ready, but check back later and you should be able to download those apps with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It is quite surprising that you have missed this issue. Specially considering that this issue was discussed in several threads, including a thread of it's own, and there are many people who have complained of having this issue.

Here are a couple of threads that I could find easily, where the issue had been brought up by several members. In fact in one of the posts 'Cantaffordit' had stated that this was a known issue and expected to be rectified in 3.0.2.

system updates doesnt tell me I have updates

HP App catalog update available

Hopefully HP will see the importance of this issue and will try to address it asap.
    I apologize that my free time spent on the forums assisting customers with issues has not met your expectations.

You should contact our support staff directly.

www.hpwebos.com/chat

Phone: 877-426-3777
    Hours: Mon-Fri 6am-8pm PST, Sat-Sun 8am-5pm PST
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    fredewins likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    this has to do with new apps to the catalog simply not being ready to be downloaded yet.I'm not sure why HP chooses to make them visible before they're ready, but check back later and you should be able to download those apps with no problem.
    That makes sense. But there still needs to be a Back button in the event of this error screen.
    mx2001 and bibiana like this.
    Here is my list of "issues" with wbOS 3.0.2 on the TouchPad. Most are of a cosmetic nature, but I have not seen them mentioned elsewhere. Otherwise, the update was rock solid on my TP

1- no bookmark sorting (as others mentioned)

2- If you go to Calendar > Preferences the mentioned of a Palm profile is still present while on the Accounts pane, its labeled as HP WebOS account... it needs to be consistent

3- If you go to Messaging > Preferences and then tap on "tap to pick ringtone", select Flurry but you'll see that a white dialog box remains open and will not go away unless you close the window. On that note, notice how the word ringtone is spelled all in caps. Looks a bit out of place.

3- If you go to Date and Time > Network Time, you'll notice that the time zone for the TP does not update automatically when connecting to WiFi. I noted this on another thread here. I've had this happen while I went on a trip last week and unless you update manually, it will not change. This is despite the fact that Location Services can find you if you open Maps.

4- If you go to Regional Settings > Keyboard Type its listed as English qwerty. Shouldn't it be QWERTY?

5- Any clue as to what the Payment Modal Dialog app does?

These are purely cosmetic and can be easily fixed but the location services/ network time / time zone one is really bugging me out as my Veer changes automatically when it connects to the network and the TP should not be any different.