Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSeastrand View Post
    When I send an email message from the TouchPad (via my gmail account), the message appears to be sent by GMAIL, not by Phil Seastrand (my name). I don't know if this is a configuration problem on my system or a bug with the email application. If someone knows what I need to change, I'd love to hear it.
    Go to Email > Preferences and Accounts > Gmail Account Settings. The second field is 'Full Name'. This wasn't filled in (I think it wasn't there in 3.0) after I upgraded to 3.0.2.
  2.    #62  
    Once again, this thread is ONLY for bug reporting. Any other discussion should be moved to other threads. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7412002 View Post
    my wifi is started to mess up after the update. First it gets a weaker signal than it had before and also a weaker signal than my other touchpad. The second issues is when I toggle wifi on or off from either the drop down menu or from wifi preferences. when it is on and i try to turn it off, it turns off but i can't turn it back on unless i do a full device reboot. Upon reboot, wifi is on and connected to my network, however, it still shows a weaker signal.

before the update, it worked perfectly fine. I removed patches before the update so at to not cause any possible issues.

Also, my other touchpad works perfectly fine after the update, it toggles wifi on and off without needing to reboot.

Anyone experience a similar wifi issue after updating?
    Since you have another device that is working fine I would try partial erasing this device and attempting to contact to the network again, worse comes to worse even doctoring.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    1. Give a brief description of what happened.
    Using the Web Browser, after logging into the SiriusXM Online WebPlayer at https://siriusxm.com/player/ and selecting a channel, no audio is heard.

2. Do you receive any error messages?
    No error messages received

3. What are the expected results?
    The audio from the selected channel should be heard. All other sounds from the Touchpad are functioning properly.

4. What application exhibits the symptom?
    Web Browser

5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)
    N/A

6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?
    N/A

7. What are you doing when the issue happens?
    The Web Browser application is the only application open

8. When did the symptom first appear?
    Day One 7/1/2011 when I first purchased the Touchpad. It was the first thing I tried after setup and my Palm Pre 1.4.5 Profile was migrated. It was also the first thing I tried after updating to 3.0.2 build 68.

9. How frequently does the symptom occur?
    Essentially every time I attempt to use the SiriusXM webplayer in the Browser. It only worked twice in over 70 attempts.

10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
    It's not random for me and I can't figure out why. Some Precentral Forum users can get it to work without a problem, others can't. Please see the Need Sirius App thread.
    Not sure if it might be somehow tied to the fact that my Palm Profile originated from a Sprint Pre 1.4.5 phone, which I still have and use.

11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
    Yes, just about every time (web player has worked only twice in over 50 attempts, not kidding)
    . List exact steps to replicate issue
    Open Web Browser
    Go to URL https://siriusxm.com/player/
    Initializing progress bar appears and completes
    Webplayer Login page is presented
    After Login, Loading progress bar appears and completes, Webplayer is displayed
    The player goes to the last channel attempted, a progress bar appears and completes
    This is when typically the audio stream would start, but there is none played.

12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router):
    Wireless Router Manufacturer : Netgear
    a. Model Number: WNDR3300
    b. Version / Revision: V1.0.45_1.0.45NA
    c. Year: 2011

13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)***
    YES, please do! I would be happy to help figure out how to get this working.
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Quote Originally Posted by doodad64 View Post
    After updating to 3.0.2, there seems to be a glitch with certain albums in the photo app. The Misc. and Downloads folders are showing a small white square instead of the picture that was there before the update. Even when copying a new picture from the web after updating, it shows up as this square.

Also, it looks like the photo app is continuously trying to refresh when I am viewing those folders. When I select one of the white squares, the actual picture will show up for a split second and then jump back to the main folders page where it attempts to refresh again.
    Has anyone tried removing the account and re-adding it to see if it makes a difference.

Our these albums on the device or online?
    Any specific site (e.g. facebook, photobucket)
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Cosmetics: When a WebOS phone (mine being WebOS 1.4.5 on Sprint) is linked with the TouchPad -- Missed calls that appear in the upper left use the WebOS 2.x and lower graphics/rounded edges.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    This is a bug. On palm pre it clears up automatically which it should since the messages are already read...wish all the good things on palm pre devices were ported on to touchpad so that we don't have to go thru this all over again.
    How is your e-mail set up on the TP to sync. If you have a different sync time or set to manually sync, I beleive it wouldn't update the notification message until the HP is resynced. For example... both my Pre and TP are synced to my g-mail account. The Pre is set to continuously sync while the TP is set to sync every hour. If I get a notification on both devices and read the e-mail from my Pre, naturally, I wouldn't expect the notification to go away on my TP until it is set to resync or I manually resync.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawhalen View Post
    How is your e-mail set up on the TP to sync. If you have a different sync time or set to manually sync, I beleive it wouldn't update the notification message until the HP is resynced. For example... both my Pre and TP are synced to my g-mail account. The Pre is set to continuously sync while the TP is set to sync every hour. If I get a notification on both devices and read the e-mail from my Pre, naturally, I wouldn't expect the notification to go away on my TP until it is set to resync or I manually resync.
    Both sync every 10 minutes...on palm pre the notification clears the next time email client checks the server...not the case with TP. it takes much longer if it ever clears...
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Has anyone tried removing the account and re-adding it to see if it makes a difference.

The albums with the error are on the device, not on an account. (Direct downloads from the internet). The albums from my Facebook account are fine.
    Last edited by doodad64; 08/02/2011 at 10:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I think what noseph is saying is that if you tell DrPodder not to hide the podcasts (would be the opposite behavior you normally would want on the Phones), the 3.02 TouchPad's Photo/Video app will find them and play them like it should (assuming the proper codecs).

As bevcraw pointed out this specific issue you have been describing about the video player is not a bug AND as HardBeatz points out the Filemanager apps are third party and not supported by HP. This one issue belongs in a different thread where you should give a detailed example of the podcast you downloaded where it put it and what the format of the file is.

Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    this doesn't make sense. The app plays the file...but the video part is all screwed up because of small screen due to app being not tp compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    as a workaround can install individual updates from app catalog
    True...IF you can figure out which apps have updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    True...IF you can figure out which apps have updates.
    Exactly and it's not really a pleasant task having to every other day open up the app catalog and scroll through all the apps just to make sure you have not missed any updates.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    1. Give a brief description of what happened.
    When attempting to select individual notifications from the icon at the top of the Google+ site (https://plus.google.com), the web browser freezes.

2. Do you receive any error messages?
    No error messages received

3. What are the expected results?
    The item selected should be displayed in the pop-up window on the page.

4. What application exhibits the symptom?
    Web Browser

5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)
    Google

6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?
    No

7. What are you doing when the issue happens?
    Attempting to select an item from the notification window.

8. When did the symptom first appear?
    It has existed since 3.0.0.

9. How frequently does the symptom occur?
    Any time I try to select an individual notification item.

10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
    Aside from attempting to select the notification item, no.

11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
    Yes.

12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router):
    No.

13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)***
    Yes.
    The albums with the error are on the device, not on an account. (Direct downloads from the internet). The albums from my Facebook account are fine.
    Let me see if I can reproduce (although I haven't been able to yet) but possibly just need to add more photo's to the device.

Would you be able to send me a screenshot of what you see? If so just send me a private message and I can provide you with an email address to send them to.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I'm trying to duplicate, Do you know where the Misc. and Downloads Albums came from? I don't have those on my TP. The only Albums that show up with the white squares on mine are the empty albums that I deleted everything out of (ones that screen captures and justdraw created). Other folders that are empty that have never had a picture/video in them since 3.02 - don't show up at all (which is expected), but if I put a jpg in one of them then it shows up fine and will not show the white box until I delete everything out of it again.

>>>
    Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post

>>>

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Cosmetics: When a WebOS phone (mine being WebOS 1.4.5 on Sprint) is linked with the TouchPad -- Missed calls that appear in the upper left use the WebOS 2.x and lower graphics/rounded edges.
    Do you mean the upper right?
    I don't notice any difference between a missed call notification and/or any other types of notifications...

Update: Ohhhh I see now... You ment the one that shrinks up into the notification list. I thought you ment the bigger one that comes up when it is ringing and/or just after you miss it. Screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    sound bug is still there. I just lost my sound =[. Tried muting and unmuting... Still no go. Gonna restart to fix it =\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I work at a University... and emails sent out to many recipients (e.g., to faculty and/or student lists) do not render when I receive them on the Touchpad (works fine on Palm Pre). I will get the message "An error occurred downloading this message" and below it a tab with the word "reload" - which does not resolve the issue.

Additionally, if the aforementioned type of email is forwarded to me, the message is rendered properly!

This happened before the update, and still exists afterwards. Otherwise, the email app is working great.
    Are these sensitive emails, would there be a way that we could get one sent to an internal test account and possibly attempt to reproduce internally? If so contact me for more information.
    Last edited by HardBeatZ; 08/02/2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

there are events from my Google apps calendars that don't show up intermittently even though they show correctly on the PRE.

I have a google Calendar account (Google Apps) that links to 3 other calendars (my wife's google calendar, a school band calendar and US Holiday's calendar). On the PRE, all calendars display fine, however on the Touchpad, items from the Google calendars were missing. It seems that a couple of newer items showed up, but older items weren't there. I deleted and re-added the account and all items showed up, but this seems to be a recurring issue where things tend to disappear from the Touchpad calendar while displaying on the PRE calendar (and in google).

I will keep an eye out and if I can get something more reproducable, I'll add details.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cageman3 View Post
    update did not fix my sound issue. I noticed if the email notification sound is enabled, I will lose system sounds. Only a reboot corrects the issue. :-(
    Ok update on my sound bug. If email notification alert sound is set to ringtone, the Touchpad will lose sound after several emails and i will have to reboot. However if I set email alert to system sound, it works perfectly.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast