Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    1. Give a brief description of what happened.
    Skype deconnects after a couple of minutes; Google Chat stays online though

2. Do you receive any error messages?
    No

3. What are the expected results?
    Offline in Skype

4. What application exhibits the symptom?
    Messaging

5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)
    6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?
    No

7. What are you doing when the issue happens?
    Chatting on Skype

8. When did the symptom first appear?
    Several weeks ago

9. How frequently does the symptom occur?
    Each time I use Skype on the TP

10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
    Appears to be random

11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
    Yes - just go online with Skype and start a chat
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    When accessing a web site with a self signed certificate, the browser asks us if we want to trust it or not. If we trust, the browser doesn't remember that and will asks if we trust for each and every page of the site. When going to the certificate manager (through Device Info), I can see that the serv er cert has been added. The browser seems to ignore it.
    no
    If we choose to permanently trust the certificate, the browser should never ask us again ...
    the browser
    N/A
    yes
    a. If so, what application and where from?
    preware

I am accessing a site over HTTPS, the server has a self signed certificate.

Since the begionning

each time I visit an HTTPS site with a self signed certificate

10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
    specific

yeah

. List exact steps to replicate issue
    install sabnzbd on your home computer. Set it up to accept connections over HTTPS.
    From your TP, navigate to your sabnzbd through HTTPS.

12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router)
    a web server with a self signed certificate

. Manufacturer :
    a. Model Number: ?
    b. Version / Revision: ?
    c. Year: 2011
    13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)***
    yes
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Client Certificates can be added to the certificate manager, but are note used by the browser

No

When a web server requests a client certificate, The TP Browser should send the client certificate that is stored in the certificate manager

the browser

N/A

yes

a. If so, what application and where from?
    Preware

I have to fill in my username/password in the login form of my website because my client certificate hasn't been sent

Since the beginning

Always

specific

yeah

. List exact steps to replicate issue
    Find or set up a webserver that require client side certificates.
    Obtain your client certificate
    Send it to yourself by mail
    Open the mail from your tp
    touch the certificate : the certificate manager asks you to type the client certificate password.
    Type your password => your client certificate is installed on your tp.
    Access the webserver that requires your client cert with the browser.

12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router)
    A web server that require client certificate

a. Model Number: ?
    b. Version / Revision: ?
    c. Year: 2011
    13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)***
    yes
    The TP makes a loud brrrrring when muting sound from the pulldown menu (top right) but only if vibration is enabled. This does not make a noise when using the system sounds settings app. It shouldn't make noise when muting!!!!
    unable to save a video from an email.
    (this is done so easily on iphone/ipad/ipod touch)
    hissing sound that lasts for 5 secs and repeats everytime another sound plays..hissing sound stays until system sound is present. Any1 else with same problem??
    hissing sound that lasts for 5 secs and repeats everytime another sound plays..hissing sound stays until system sound is present. Any1 else with same problem??
    reboot, you installed sth that messed up the audio, but after that it'll be back to normal
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I need some log files from devices that are experiencing the software manager not launching.

After you are able to succcessfully reproduce the issue perform the following steps.

1. Launch Device Info
    2. Select menu and diagnostics
    3. Select menu and collect logs
    4. Tap on quick log create
    5. Email log file to [contact me for email address]
    if you still need logs for this issue, I have some ready for you, just need an email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    reboot, you installed sth that messed up the audio, but after that it'll be back to normal
    what is sth??!...I tried restarting but nothing happens..
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    I have installed a couple patches I will try to remove sum nd see if it fixes the hissing...
    I removed all th system patches I had installed and then rebooted still no difference, hissing sound still there!
    I have an issue when trying to connect to a streaming video site using flash. It comes up with the error message "connection failed". Site works fine on other PCs and devices.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    The on/off for Autoload flash in the browser preferences does not work, and didn't work before the upgrade either

The turn on and off flash itself works after browser restart, the autoload off feature only does not work at all

The pop up blocker does not work

spent an hour with the hp webos tech support chat to no use, he made me delete data, use web doctor and other still no resolution to be able to turn off autoload flash
    I can confirm this issue. Tried on both 3.0.0 and 3.0.2, before and after Preware install with both stock and Uberkernel, no other mods installed. When flash is turned off, it only works after I restart the touchpad, and disabling autoload does not work at all. The flash ads still load on sties like CNN, and youtube videos still load.

Anyone had this happen to them?
    My touchpad doesn't display anything on the screen but everything else works.
    I can hear when I swipe a card away, and when I bring up the card view. And when I lower or raise the volume.
    The screen is lit but very very dimly when it's on.
    I've restarted numerous times by holding the power button and front button below the screen until the touchpad restarts.
    This hasn't helped.
    Any ideas?
    The video is bad but gives you a good idea what my issue is.
    Quote Originally Posted by demichve View Post
    IMAP: assigned sent folder not working, except the folder is named "sent"

I have setup my Touchpad in German language and identified the following bug:

I tried to assign my default sent folder ("Gesendete Objekte") in my IMAP account on the Touchpad, which is possible in the extended mail settings. The assignment worked, but the sent emails were not dropped in this folder, they were dropped nowhere.

Then I created a new folder ("Gesendet") in my IMAP structure and tried this one -> no chance.

Now I found out, what happened: Touchpad only accepta a folder as "sent items" if it is named as "sent". This foldername seems to be recognized automatically and also the icon changed.

For the other folders "drafts" and "trash" I can assign any foldername I like, only the sent folder seems to be hardcoded!
    I have this problem as well. Mine is English (UK). In my case the sent folder is called "Sent Messages" and cannot be changed from this. If I change it in the configuration and save it then when I go back to the configuration it's back to "Sent Messages" again. Changing the default drafts and delete folders works fine, it's just the default sent folder that cannot be changed.
    I just notice today after a while my touchpad looses the audio I do have to restart it again to regain the audio back. I'm using the latest uberkernel and its updated 3.0.2 is it common issue? there was no error message it just loose it audio.

tia
    Quote Originally Posted by genolasunshine View Post
    Two things:
    1) keep getting message along edge of screen that says "touch input recording. Press sym+opt+w to stop..." Is this a bug or a feature? I can't figure out how to press these three keys anyway because I don't know which is sym or opt?

2) when in "just type" mode, sometimes the "P" key will take a screenshot instead of typing the letter p. Bug?? If caused by an app, I don't know which one.
    I got the same thing while using Bluetooth keyboard and dosbox. What is this thing recording? Which program is recording this? For what?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Browser back button needs to return to the previous page's original spot which may not be the top of page. Use ebay, amazon or even this site to test.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Browser bookmarks should not be stored as url-encoded. i.e. urls should not replace "&" with
    "&". This makes many bookmarks not working.
    Please add a "refresh" button to rebuild the file list in photoapp and musicplayer (and AR ?) to resolve the indexing problem no mather which patch cause it. Why not ?