Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    my gmail can't send email, aways in outbox. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    Did you install the patch Muffle System Logging from homebrew?

I think it's that, I have the same problem, I will do a Full Erase to see if it corrects this problems!
    I tried removing muffle logging patch, and do Linux command fix, but NOT fixed! Even more worse, after typing linux fix commands, the previous working accounts went down, but they were fixed by a full erase afterward. However, the problem account NEVER work correctly!

Also tried full erase and doctoring couple of times, NOT fixed!
    I'm one of these people who store all my notes/joblist in emails in the Gmail Drafts folders

(1) tapping a draft email in the Touchpad client brings up a new editor window automatically without asking (OK I can see this is an intended "feature" not a bug but it slows down perusing my list of jobs and other email clients that I use do not do this)

BUT

(2) all line feeds appear to be stripped out of the email turning it into a confusing mass of text and rendering it unusable

Thanks to this forum for showing an alternative URL for the gmail that gives a workaround

PS. I concur with WPA2 wireless dropping out every few hours and then any open cards not being able to recognise that the Internet is "back" again afterwards (v3.0.2)
    The Linux command solution worked perfectly for me. I have the most recent update of the Muffle System Logging patch installed. I opened WOSQI and ran "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" as a Linux command. After a device restart, I was able to read all emails again.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    When visiting certain websites, it only loads about 18-20 images and the rest are blank. I.e. Men's Clothes: New Arrivals | Old Navy Anyone else notice this? Happens on facebook website also. Whenever that friend has 20 or more photos in the album the rest of the images won't load. It's so annoying!
    Has our friend HardBeatz been MIA since the big HP announcement? Sure hope he's still around and we didn't lose his help around here. Holler if you're still alive, old friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by guynux View Post
    Touchpad with the latest update (3.0.2) with french localisation (AZERTY virtual KB) paired with BT Logitech Dinovo mini KB.
    Issue : typing results in a QWERTY layout.
    Here are more informations from /var/log/messages :
    webos-device user.debug LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: QWSHiddKbdHandlerPrivate: BT keyboard country set to 33
    webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: QWSHiddKbdHandlerPrivate: BT keyboard handler set to /dev/input/event3:keymap=/usr/share/qt4/keymaps/keymap-us.qmap
    Probably does the bug come from the BT keyboard handler
    I've done this poor work around with novaterm :
    cd /usr/share/qt4/keymaps
    mv keymap-us.qmap keymap-us.old
    cp -a keymap-fr.qmap keymap-us.qmap
    It works.
    Last edited by guynux; 10/03/2011 at 04:54 AM. Reason: my poor english ;-)
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
    Pinnacle Sports - Best Odds Online for Betting On Sports Including Week 2 NFL Odds & Week 3 NCAA Football Lines loads fine but the log in button is not a link on my Touchpad. Works fine on my Palm Pre which is Webos 1.45. I copied link location from PC ( javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$LF$LB','') )
    Any updates on this one?

*3.00/3.02 -e-mail - notificiation sync, read message via PC-it should clear notification on TP
    - verification from another user that this works when sync set to on arrival

I am having this exact problem when my TP is idle and screen off (asleep). I have all my email accounts on set to sync "On Arrival", but this bug still exists. In order for the email to sync I have to manually unlock the screen, go to the email app, and hit the Refresh icon for the message to be sync'd and marked as being read.
    I've done this poor walkaround with novaterm :
    cd /usr/share/qt4/keymaps
    mv keymap-us.qmap keymap-us.old
    cp -a keymap-fr.qmap keymap-us.qmap
    It works.
    I'll try this on webOS 2.1/2.2 too:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3157089
    Email client shows error in the message panel.
    --------------------------------------------

"An error occurred downloading this message."

This message appears when I try to ready ANY mail message.

Once this error starts occurring, the email client wont let me read any mail till I restart the device.

New email does show up in the inbox but only in the list view panel. Selecting any message - even newly delivered messages -- wont display the message in the message panel.

after restart, the email usually returns to normal (till it decides to act up again)
    Facebook, Email, HP App Catalog stop working
    -------------------------------------------

HP app Catalog tries for a long time and says 'no valid WebOS account was found ...'

Facebook never stops trying to load my account -- says 'retrieving account' along with the animation and stays there foreever till i close the card.

Mail client opens, shows mail already downloaded, but doesn't get new mail anymore.

All these issues go away when I restart the device. But this issue returns onec in a while requiring me to restart again.
    Two things:
    1) keep getting message along edge of screen that says "touch input recording. Press sym+opt+w to stop..." Is this a bug or a feature? I can't figure out how to press these three keys anyway because I don't know which is sym or opt?

2) when in "just type" mode, sometimes the "P" key will take a screenshot instead of typing the letter p. Bug?? If caused by an app, I don't know which one.
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_e View Post
    Email client shows error in the message panel.
    --------------------------------------------

"An error occurred downloading this message."

This message appears when I try to ready ANY mail message.

Once this error starts occurring, the email client wont let me read any mail till I restart the device.

New email does show up in the inbox but only in the list view panel. Selecting any message - even newly delivered messages -- wont display the message in the message panel.

after restart, the email usually returns to normal (till it decides to act up again)

I had this happen today. I ran the Emergency File Cache Wipe thing that someone suggested. Now it mostly works, except whenever I click to view an email, it appears as complete image garbage for a moment before coming into view. Also, sometimes, the entire screen goes black for an instant, before it comesi nto view. This does not make me happy.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_e View Post
    Facebook, Email, HP App Catalog stop working
    -------------------------------------------

HP app Catalog tries for a long time and says 'no valid WebOS account was found ...'

Facebook never stops trying to load my account -- says 'retrieving account' along with the animation and stays there foreever till i close the card.

Mail client opens, shows mail already downloaded, but doesn't get new mail anymore.

All these issues go away when I restart the device. But this issue returns onec in a while requiring me to restart again.

I'm on this no WebOS account found too. If you go to accounts it gets stuck too. Only a restart make it work. Seems like a account service or daemon crashing
    no rhyme or reason, even did while typing this entry. This is a replacement TP and it still does it.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Sound cuts out while playing my Google music tracks when the Touchpad sleeps.
    The sound stopping wasn't a problem for the first week. Now it happens all the time.
    I have Preware installed and overclocked. I know about the sound restart app.
    I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and has a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by datboi208 View Post
    For the email bug of not rendering and saying unable to download, i found the fix in another post. I would credit the person but I forgot where I found it, lol.

first - update to the newest muffle system logging patch, REBOOT
    second - plug TP into computer, load WOSQI, type "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" into the command line, REBOOT

You should be good to go!
    Tried this and no luck. Would Google+ addition to my Google account have anything to do with this? Seems about the time I got an invite & joined that I started having problems.

edit: Emergency Filecache Wipe from preware worked so far...
    Last edited by kulardenu; 09/20/2011 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyPad View Post
    I'm seeing this too. Not only is the date format in US on the unlock screen it's in US in the drop down menu that appears when you click on the down arrow next to the clock. (I don't know the technical name for that menu )

The issue isn't confined to having UK regional settings selected. I tried selecting other regional settings which use date formats other than the infuriatingly illogical US one and the dates remain in US format on both the unlock screen and the drop down menu.
    I think I've found the solution to the the date format not being localised on the menu. In
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/uiComponents/SystemMenu/DateElement.qml
    change instances of DefaultLocaleLongDate to SystemLocaleLongDate then restart LunaSysMgr to see the effect.

This works on the SDK Emulator, not been brave enough to try it on my TouchPad yet.

I've not been able to figure out how to fix the date on the lock screen. I think it's handled somewhere in /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr but it's a binary blob, so...
    Holdingdown a volume button o *the Bluetooth keyboard for kore than a second or so results in needing to reboot the touchpad to stop it from beeping hundreds of times.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: