Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Bug:
    Music player - mp3's sound jerky/skips during light multi-tasking

3.0.2 and preware installed. I have tried this without overclocking and with 1.5GHz overclocking. Both with same results.

Replicate:
    I have mp3's on the TP encoded at 128Kbps transferred via USB.
    Play the mp3's on the stock music player.
    Open a new card and open a google search page. Do a couple of searches without proceeding to any search result. (Basically very light web surfing).

Symptom:
    I find during this whole process mp3's sound jerky with every song skipping at least some milli-seconds in between.
    One of the sites I frequent has & in the URL. When I bookmark these links, and revisit them later in the day my TP is replacing the & with amp;.

I tried searching and couldn't find anything.. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Screen Dims while watching or working on something, WHY?

Also I have to ask about the following:
    *3.00/3.02 - Exibition - FlipClock displays 00:00 at midnight*
    excuse me, but are you talking about showing 0:00 in 12 hour (AM/PM) time? Mine's set to 24 hours so midnight is actually supposed to be 0:00 (or in this case, 00:00), so it works correctly for me
    Quote Originally Posted by jpr0930 View Post
    When I download documents like PDF and .doc files through secure websites I cannot open them. I get a Quickoffice error saying unsupported file and the file name has "%20" in between each word. When I download the exact same files to my computer and upload to box.net I have no problem downloading or opening them on TP. Also no issues with these file types on "open" websites. Seems if I have to login the downloads won't open. Anyone else experience this? It feels like a browser issue, maybe to do with credentials.

thoughts?
    I get a MIME error whenever it try to download pdfs from a secure site (medical journals) - when i look in internalz there is a html file which i think has the ?javascript (i'm not that clued up) that should be tellling the browser how to download from the site - but for whatever reason the broswer isn't handling it correctly - very frustrating
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    ok I am not searching thru 14 pages to see if anyone else has the same problem...

any linked pages come up with an error. Ex. = Techbargains- when I click on a link to the companies website to check out discounted item page error.

I can't think of others.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's a coincidence. I've never had jStop installed, and I have the audio issue. Only presented itself once I set my eMail notifications use a sound.
    correct, it was coincident. Now I have the same problem again, sound goes off for no reason and only option is to device-restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    BUG Report. E-mail client stopped to download message texts for Google Mail account. "An error occurred downloading this message"

1. Give a brief description of what happened.

E-mail app not render messages then I receive them on the Touchpad. I'm getting the message "An error occurred downloading this message" and below it a tab with the word "reload" - which does not resolve the issue.

2. Do you receive any error messages?

Yes. "An error occurred downloading this message"

3. What are the expected results?

Message text.

4. What application exhibits the symptom?

5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)

Google Mail

6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?

No

7. What are you doing when the issue happens?

Reboot. Removed the account and create it again.

8. When did the symptom first appear?

about 2 days ago

9. How frequently does the symptom occur?

Permanently

10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?

-
    11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?

No

13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)

yes
    I am having the exact same issue. I cannot see any of my emails, just get the error. HELP!
    I cannot remove my Touchpad from my PC. I have unmounted it on the PC, and it no longer shows up as a USB device, but it does not unmount on the Touchpad. I finally have to just unplug it, at which point I get a complaining message.

This happens every time I connect my Touchpad to my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster View Post
    I cannot remove my Touchpad from my PC. I have unmounted it on the PC, and it no longer shows up as a USB device, but it does not unmount on the Touchpad. I finally have to just unplug it, at which point I get a complaining message.

This happens every time I connect my Touchpad to my PC.
    I am experiencing the exact same issue on two separate HP laptops - one with Windows XP, the other Vista
    The mail client, memo app, etc. feature that turns phone numbers into clickable links is overly broad about what it considers to be a phone number. Any sequence of digits that's between 7 and 19 digits long gets turned into a tel: link, even if it is part of a string of characters, such as a tracking or order number. Number sequences that could not be valid phone numbers such as a ZIP+4 code also get turned into tel: links.
    Quote Originally Posted by dglshk View Post
    WebOS 3.0.2 running. setup 3 imap email accounts, 2 of them work well. the other one cannot show the content, showing error "An error occurred downloading this message".
    The emails with attachments are showing contents without problems.

"An error occurred downloading this message"

should show the content.

Built-in IMAP Email.

my working email account.

8. When did the symptom first appear?
    As soon as I setup this email account.

always and forever...

Did you install the patch Muffle System Logging from homebrew?

I think it's that, I have the same problem, I will do a Full Erase to see if it corrects this problems!
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    installed uberkernal. oc to 1.5GHz. tried to launch "help" in settings.

No error message. "orange book" continues to blink but cannot get into the help menu.

should show the help menu with tips, clips, etc. and online chat.

Help application

na

always and forever...
    For the email bug of not rendering and saying unable to download, i found the fix in another post. I would credit the person but I forgot where I found it, lol.

first - update to the newest muffle system logging patch, REBOOT
    second - plug TP into computer, load WOSQI, type "find /var/file-cache -type f -mtime -7 -exec rm -f {} \;" into the command line, REBOOT

You should be good to go!
    Sychophantom likes this.
    Do you eject it from the icon on the taskbar? The proper way to eject a webOS gadget is through the My Computer window in Windows Explorer. Right-click the icon that represents your touchpad and select Eject. It will properly disconnect the device. I used to get this error all the time with my Pre+ until I read a post here that told me the proper way.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Anyone else have this problem: Say when I open the browser and load up like boards.ie or bbc.co.uk, it shows me what was on the page the last time I loaded the page, be it an hour ago or more for example. Then when I reload the page, it shows me the up to date version of the page, for if I loaded it on my laptop like normal. Do you get what I mean? Its doing my head in.
    I read about this being an issue, that the browser loads from cache first.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yeah its not just me that has this problem, any way to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by doodad64 View Post
    After updating to 3.0.2, there seems to be a glitch with certain albums in the photo app. The Misc. and Downloads folders are showing a small white square instead of the picture that was there before the update. Even when copying a new picture from the web after updating, it shows up as this square.

Also, it looks like the photo app is continuously trying to refresh when I am viewing those folders. When I select one of the white squares, the actual picture will show up for a split second and then jump back to the main folders page where it attempts to refresh again.
    I have the same problem and it's really annoying because I want to use the Touchpad to display my photos. The only way I can find a photo is if I scroll through them. If I have hundreds of pics on there, I don't want to spend 10 minutes scrolling through to find a pic, I want to scroll through the thumbnails.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
    improper html parsing? Web continuously reloads page every ~10 sec on BBC here:
    BBC News - Space junk at tipping point, says report

also seems to almost always reload on <back> instead of cache. Waaay slower than my 5yr old laptop for page loading.

not a hater tho. I loves my new toy :-)
    I also have witnessed that problem.
    Also, on the NPR Reader which I downloaded from the HP Catalog, when I press an audio link, it's delayed by 10 to 20 seconds before it starts and there is no way to turn off the audio... you just have wait until the clip is finished. There's no notifications either like the music player has.