Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    sound bug is still there. I just lost my sound =[. Tried muting and unmuting... Still no go. Gonna restart to fix it =\
    I can confirm this. I always have to restart my TP, just a Luna Restart does not fix it!
    But I didn't set alert to "ringtone"! For 2 accounts alert was set to "silent", all others were set to "system sound"! I now set all of them to "system sound". Hope that'll do better.
    When TP sound is killed it won't play any sound! Neither ringtone nor keyboard sounds or music. The progress bar won't even show. The music player shows start of the song is 00:00 and end is as well 00:00.
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    I think there are problems when you add 2 accounts for the same provider (for me: 2x gmail, 2x gmx). E.g., my sent items for the gmx accounts (e-mail) do not show up in the sent folder...
    There also were some weird things going on in Calendar when I had 2 Gmail calendars in there... disabling one of them sorted things out.
    Check your email settings for every account. Check the folders for "sent", "templates", "trash", maybe there are two folders set for each! That's what i encountered. Select another folder in the drop down, then select the one you want. Check this for every account.
    I have a BT keyboard/case combo hooked up and closed the case, forgetting the keyboard was still on. the ] key was depressed into "Just Type". when i returned just type had a full buffer of ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] (etc).
    the entire UI is frozen. unable to open a card. no way to reboot. frozen screen.
    has happened twice, today. same situation. does anyone know how to do a hard reset? is it home + power for 20 seconds?
    Quote Originally Posted by smatofu View Post
    My problems with losing WiFi are described here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ouchpad-7.html

The BIGGEST PROBLEM: existing cards do not work with restored WiFi connection. After restoring WiFi, I have to close all existing cards (cards using Internet) and open all card again.

So, losing WiFI is a problem, but I can restore it through WiFi Off/On. BUT I cannot make existing card to work again. I have to close and re-open all my web pages, emails, streaming contents etc. So far, it is the biggest issue.

With this problem, multi-tasking becomes zero-tasking, because what is good about multi-tasking if single tasks are not reliable. On the good side, I do not have any other card crashes except caused by lost WiFi/Internet connection. So the system is stable with exception of WiFi. BTW, WiFi connection can always be broken (interferences, thunderstorm, signal strength) so the system should not be so vulnerable to lost connection; it should gracefully continue after the connection is restored.

I don't know what to add. It seems like a lot of people are having the exact same problem as me. I have a 2.4ghz n network with WPA2 and AES and frequent WIFI drops remedied by disabling and reenabling WIFI on the Touchpad, or sometimes even just opening that menu to the top right and watching as it remembers that my network exists.

It may or may not be a coincidence, but one of my desktop computers now finds itself absolutely incapable of connecting to the wireless network, or rather connects but is then instantly booted.

People were talking about changing beacon intervals. I'm at a loss. I'm tech savvy in that I use technology, and can often brute force it into working, but there's a level of knowledge that is beyond me.
    improper html parsing? Web continuously reloads page every ~10 sec on BBC here:
    BBC News - Space junk at tipping point, says report

also seems to almost always reload on <back> instead of cache. Waaay slower than my 5yr old laptop for page loading.

not a hater tho. I loves my new toy :-)
    BT keyboard still functional after placing TP in "sleep" state

Placed Keyboard with TP in bag , placed TP in lock state, went for a walk, key's have been pressed by themselves from friction. TP froze in "just type" from a lot of keystrokes.

Automated keyboard lock would be nice.
    "Humanity wasn't ready for WebOS"

Pre - uk day 1
    Pre + uk Replacement
    HP Touchpad 16 GB Day 1
    HP Pre 3 Vodafone
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePetikeis View Post
    BT keyboard still functional after placing TP in "sleep" state

Placed Keyboard with TP in bag , placed TP in lock state, went for a walk, key's have been pressed by themselves from friction. TP froze in "just type" from a lot of keystrokes.

Automated keyboard lock would be nice.
    Just turn off the power switch on the keyboard before you put it in the bag. Or am I missing something here?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerk View Post
    I don't know if this relates to the previous article, but bluetooth streaming to headset is only working in Music app. It does not work in Tunein Radio, does not work in Video and web. And as far as I dug throught this thread, other guys have same issues.
    Similar Bluetooth issue. Only works in flash on the web on pages such as YouTube, Pandora. Doesn't work in 3rd party apps such as AmpacheXL, Pandora, Tune in Radio. Posted this here before finding this report:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...h-browser.html

Easily able to replicate by trying the above apps.

edit: does work in Angry Birds so its not all 3rd party apps that don't work.
    Last edited by falz; 09/03/2011 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Just turn off the power switch on the keyboard before you put it in the bag. Or am I missing something here?
    well, in my case, it takes ages to re-connect the the keyboard for some reason. Them you have to go thru the same process of pairing it, you know im taking my keyboard out for a reason, so its time consuming, and u pray the TP will not hang.
    "Humanity wasn't ready for WebOS"

Pre - uk day 1
    Pre + uk Replacement
    HP Touchpad 16 GB Day 1
    HP Pre 3 Vodafone
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    EDIT: Sorry Mods I intended to post this to bug thread!!!!

I have been able to repeat this on 3 Touchpads with different email accounts both exchange and Gmail.

Create a contact in the contacts app or Exchange/Gmail. for this example I will use a bogus name and address.

So create the contact

Name: Jim Smith
    Email: jimsmith@testdomail.com

Now open email app and start to compose an email.

In the To: field type jsmith@testdomail.com (NOTE: this is a different email than the contact created) tap enter and it will change the To: field to Jim Smith and send to jimsmith@testdomail.com

Also again open email app and start to compose an email.

Type jsmith@testdomail.com in the To: field then tap you finger to the left or right of the compose email window on your wallpaper, you will now see that jsmith@testdomail.com stayed in the To: field and you can tap and type a subject and body. Now while watching the To: field tap send and you will see for a split second the the To: field just changed to "Jim Smith" again and sent the email to an unintended recipient.

I can recreate the issue with multiple names on my 500+ contacts

I found this out because I am John and my Mother is Jane. I wanted to send an email to my alternate gmail account thats not in my touchpad. I was sending an email to jlastname@gmail.com and it kept sending the email no matter what to "Jane Lastname"

Confirmed it does not do this on the my wife's Pre2 2.1.0 build 108

I have a HP case number if any HP people here want it. Please PM
    I installed the Alarm Patch where Weekdays are also added (along with "Daily", "Weekends","Weekdays").
    But the bug is, I can not select more than one weekday (Like Tuesday and Thursday) at the same time for an Alarm. It allows to select only one.

Is there another patch to fix this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    yes, turning off the keyboard will prevent a total device freeze when too many characters go into "just type."
    it's still a nasty bug.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bibiana View Post
    I can confirm this. I always have to restart my TP, just a Luna Restart does not fix it!
    But I didn't set alert to "ringtone"! For 2 accounts alert was set to "silent", all others were set to "system sound"! I now set all of them to "system sound". Hope that'll do better.
    When TP sound is killed it won't play any sound! Neither ringtone nor keyboard sounds or music. The progress bar won't even show. The music player shows start of the song is 00:00 and end is as well 00:00.
    I am having same issue, I did uninstall most of the audio related patches (increase volume, WAV) but still having same issue. All the apps will lose audio (lancher won't play hiss sound, screen unlock will not play any sound) but strange is that when sound is gone the video files will just won't play at all. As I am reading Bibiana, it sounds like these 2 problems are related.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bibiana View Post
    You can uninstall JStop and this will rectify the problem. It seems like JStop kills an audio process while the TP is in sleep and then it can't use the sound anymore. I am running 4 Hours without any issue whereas it used to happen every second hour or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh0875 View Post
    You can uninstall JStop and this will rectify the problem. It seems like JStop kills an audio process while the TP is in sleep and then it can't use the sound anymore. I am running 4 Hours without any issue whereas it used to happen every second hour or so.
    I'm pretty sure that's a coincidence. I've never had jStop installed, and I have the audio issue. Only presented itself once I set my eMail notifications use a sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    The on/off for Autoload flash in the browser preferences does not work, and didn't work before the upgrade either

The turn on and off flash itself works after browser restart, the autoload off feature only does not work at all

The pop up blocker does not work

spent an hour with the hp webos tech support chat to no use, he made me delete data, use web doctor and other still no resolution to be able to turn off autoload flash
    Did some digging on the flash autoload issue - it appears that the logic for disabling autoload (system preference "click2play") is completely missing from the flash plugin itself. There is no reference in the file to "click2play."

The flash plugin from the 2.1.0 (where the setting works) doctor *does* reference this preference. In short we'll need a new version of the flash plugin - it's not something easily fixed with a patch
    been using the touchpad for about 1.5 weeks. After updating to the latest software, I've notice the following bugs/missing features:

1) wifi service dies once in a while (like every couple hours of consistent use), if I do stop/start on wifi connectivity, then will have internet access again within 45 seconds
    2) foreign language support on browser or chat, etc..., has trouble with foreign characters (probably utf), just displays square boxes instead
    3) maxes out on number of apps that can be opened. Should just use the available flash memory 16GB/32GB as a secondary cache in my opinion. that's probably what IOS does.
    4) fonts look nice when rendered correctly, sometimes they aren't rendered correctly, such as in the browser, especially after moving around in the window
    5) for skype/yahoo type services, "invisible" status is not an available option to be selected, this is a status that I use quite often so that I can still receive incoming messages during busy periods
    6) sliders in the browser such as on youtube are not draggable,
    7) hyperlinks in browser do not highlight as you hover over, I think that would be more useful than the ripple effect that displays afterwards, as it's already too late to change mind
    8) if type really fast on the on-screen keyboard, the chars entered will be jumbled when it cannot keep up, i would think items would just be delayed only, not incorrect
    9) if back arrow pressed on browser, will not remember where (anchor) you were on the previous page, instead will just go to top of page
    10) skype video doesn't yet work in landscape mode (horizontal)
    11) cannot switch between multiple skype/facebook accounts, was able to add multiple accounts, but it just uses the first one as default
    12) select/option button on web page, or in general (entire page), no way to scroll quickly to top or bottom, if page is long or options (countries to select from) is very long, it can be difficult to properly scroll through the list without some mistake happening and having to start over again.

May have forgotten a few. Overall, the hardware is great and the software has a lot of potential. Hopefully, we'll see some updates soon to improve overall performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by guynux View Post
    Touchpad with the latest update (3.0.2) with french localisation (AZERTY virtual KB) paired with BT Logitech Dinovo mini KB.
    Issue : typing results in a QWERTY layout.
    Here are more informations from /var/log/messages :
    webos-device user.debug LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: QWSHiddKbdHandlerPrivate: BT keyboard country set to 33
    webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: QWSHiddKbdHandlerPrivate: BT keyboard handler set to /dev/input/event3:keymap=/usr/share/qt4/keymaps/keymap-us.qmap
    Probably does the bug come from the BT keyboard handler
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by cb23 View Post
    Does anyone have this weird bug where a website page (only certain ones) will load to about 75% and then refresh, then refresh again and again over and over, and the page will not load. This is mostly happening to me with BBC news.
    Yes but that may not be a TP specific issue. I have that on some Stateside sites.

I also do NOT get the shutdown options after a full erase so that may be localized.

BTW Rear Facing Camera still isn't there in 3.02. Wonder why... (ok I HAD to, lol)
    Hi

I've noticed a couple of problems (I'm on a 16 gig Touchpad with 3.0.2 and preware installed, but no kernel modifications). Mostly I've encountered these while using the web browser

1) The select all and past commands are a bit wonky at least for text boxes on websites. An example that I have problems with is for instance the google main page (i.e. Google) if you enter in text in the search box you can't select a word (to copy for instance) by holding the your finger down only by clicking Select on the menu that pops up. Maybe this is working as designed but it is a bit counterintuitive. Also if the virtual keyboard is not up you can't even get the pop-up menu to show up.

2) In a similar vein (but harder to repeat) on some blog commenting systems based of of JSJSJS-$Kit$ ($Haloscan$ $I$ $guess$) $you$ $can$'$t$ $even$ $get$ $the$ $copy$ $past$ $popup$ $to$ $appear$ $at$ $all$ $when$ $the$ $virtual$ $keyboard$ $is$ $up$. $It$ $does$ $strangely$ $seem$ $to$ $work$ $if$ $the$ $virtual$ $keyboard$ $is$ $down$. $This$ $may$ $be$ $site$ $specific$ $as$ $I$'$m$ $having$ $a$ $hard$ $time$ $reproducing$ $it$.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this.

p.s. For what it is worth I also have the problem with the opening a new card in the browser and then going back to the original card leading to nothing loading at all (and the original site getting pixelated.)
    Last edited by garynetfirms; 09/06/2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: adding some info