Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fettym View Post
    I cannot donwload the 3.0.2 update. It gets halfway and says unavailable. It got all the way to unpacking and started over. Keeps giving the same error. Ideas? Thx.
    Had the same issue. I just kept tapping the "start download" when it got disconnected. You will notice that it starts form the previous state--with two touchpads it took several "restarts" to get it to finally complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    Games stuck in portrait.

I have two TP and I installed similar games on TP2 in order too test the speed of the default TP2 settings VS some changes I made too the TP1 via Preware. However, the games installed on TP2 are stuck in portrait (ones that should be in landscape) and the phone games are stuck in a corner.

The only thing I can think of is, the games installed on TP2 were installed after the last market update while the ones that work properly on TP1 were installed before the market update.

I have used WebOS Doctor to restore the device to 3.0.2 = yielded no change.
    I even restored the device and put the other account on it from TP1 that is working properly = yielded no change.

Games tried that are affected--Angry Birds Seasons, Dead Runner, Glow Hockey, and I've forgotten the others. Pretty much anything newly installed via the app market.

Did a screen test and orientation tested fine.

Orientation works fine in all other apps. This issue is only affecting games.

I even made the Preware changes too TP2 that I have on TP1 = yielded no changes.
    Just reproduced this bug on the other touchpad.
    uninstalled angry birds seasons & reinstalled = now in portrait only.

this bug seems to have been introduced with the last update to the app market.
    Touchpad Restarts during System Update
    ----------------------------------------

I have a brand new Touchpad 32GB running webOS 3.0.0.

System Updates tells me 3.0.2 68 is available.

( Currently the server load seems to be high because of high volume of Touchpads selling out, but I was able to successfully upgrade to 3.0.2 on a DIFFERENT Touchpad 16GB using the same home network. I should also tell you that my home WiFi sometimes shows low signal / reconnects when using from a laptop.)

Now, on this 32GB piece it takes many many attempts to download 3.0.2

First time it downloaded it all, it said package did not validate correctly. It asked me to wait a while, and that it would try again after about a day.

I tried again after a few minutes. Multiple attempts again, this time it restarted automatically midway.

I tried yet again, and even this time it restarted automatically midway.

I am trying the system update yet again as I post this.

Not sure what is causing this.

Has anyone seen such an issue?

UPDATE: The update failed one more time (Package did not validate properly) before finally going through. Installed 3.0.2 through normal system update after almost half a day of constant attempts. Did nothing different. Was not in developer mode, did not use webOS doctor or quick install.
    Last edited by albert_e; 09/11/2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    IMAP: assigned sent folder not working, except the folder is named "sent"

I have setup my Touchpad in German language and identified the following bug:

I tried to assign my default sent folder ("Gesendete Objekte") in my IMAP account on the Touchpad, which is possible in the extended mail settings. The assignment worked, but the sent emails were not dropped in this folder, they were dropped nowhere.

Then I created a new folder ("Gesendet") in my IMAP structure and tried this one -> no chance.

Now I found out, what happened: Touchpad only accepta a folder as "sent items" if it is named as "sent". This foldername seems to be recognized automatically and also the icon changed.

For the other folders "drafts" and "trash" I can assign any foldername I like, only the sent folder seems to be hardcoded!
    browser: many pages just constantly reload, for example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/mode...on/default.stm

only found it a problem on bbc pages. Happens with without browser or ad blocking patches installed...
    Last edited by jamesking; 08/28/2011 at 08:02 AM.
    er, just had to fix my link, problem remains.
    Flash videos progress bar stops downloading the videos after few minutes of playback, that happens from many sites like mega video etc.. after

eithers tops or keeps buffring
    Last edited by limitbreak; 08/28/2011 at 11:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I got a problem with Photo apps. I've just have my TouchPad for 3 days, and I updated to WebOS 3.0.2 68. But now I got an 2 issues:
    1. The Photo apps (or maybe Media indexing): When I launch the Photo apps, it doesn't show ANY albums, ANY photos that I saved in the Touch Pad. NOTHING.NADA. When I tried to attach a photo to an email, the TouchPad seems doesn't see any photos. I guess that it's the bug of Media Indexing?

2. Memory?: I played Tanked for 30 minutes last night, and the game suddenly closed. After that, my TouchPad becomes sloooooww. Cannot choose an icon, cannot open launcher. I have to restart by the power button, but it tooks me 10 mins since i pressed the button until the Touch Pad turned off. Maybe it's a bug in the memory management?

Did you guys got the same problems? And do you know how to fix it?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hi I have a problem with my WIFI. I had the touchpad for a few days, On the first day I did the system update with webos doctor and installed preware. Last night I turned off my touchpad, this morning when i turned it on the WIFI wont turn on. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
    browser issue: It looks like the stock browser will store cached copies of pages and that is fine on some websites, however that is an issue for forums. When you go to log in and your forum redirects to the same page you were on it appears that the browser will still display the page from before you signed in. If you hit refresh then it will display the current page. Now if you look at forums and then come back later it will appear the same like you never looked. There should be some way to disable browser caching.
    Photos & Videos App shows duplicate images / wrong dimensions after deleting some files
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put a number of downloaded images in a folder -- the images have different sizes and aspect ratios.

I deleted a few files while browsing in full screen mode by selecting the "trash" icon and confirming.

After this, the next images shows up in a wrong aspect ratio. The aspect ratio gets corrected if I zoom in and out. Also, If I browse back and forth I see a number of images "duplicated" ... that is I swipe out an image only to see the same image repeated again ..this happened with multiple images in the same folder.

I am running webOS 3.0.2 on a 32GB TP
    Last edited by albert_e; 09/11/2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added Title, Additional Info
    Photos & Videos app seems to have a problem loading some high-resolution JPG images
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the image I copied to the TP (from my PC, using USB Drive mode) --

http://www.overallsite.com/wp-conten...verallsite.jpg

It loads only a small portion of the image -- the top few rows of pixels, about 1/3 of an inch high and rest of the screen is blank.

The thumbnail of the image does show the full picture though.

Using 3.0.2 of webOS
    Last edited by albert_e; 09/11/2011 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cb23 View Post
    Does anyone have this weird bug where a website page (only certain ones) will load to about 75% and then refresh, then refresh again and again over and over, and the page will not load. This is mostly happening to me with BBC news.
    Confirmed on a UK 32GB Touchpad with 3.0.2.68 - disabling Flash resolves the issue for me, so I suspect it's Flash crashing the browser (or rebooting, which provides a temporary fix it until it starts happening again).

This BBC page reloads constantly (there's an embedded Flash video to right of the 7th paragraph) - even after a fresh boot. Other sites also cause this problem, again those that contain Flash video.

Very annoying - hope there will be an update to fix this.
    Easy one: On a UK 3.0.2.68 Touchpad with UK regional settings (Lang: Eng UK, Formats: UK), the date on the Unlock screen is shown in US format ie. the date 29 Aug 2011 shows as "8/29/11" when it should be shown as "29/8/11" if regional formats where being observed by the Unlock screen.

My guess is the Unlock screen was never QA'd with non-US regional settings.
    Last edited by milhouse; 08/28/2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Correction: Lock -> Unlock
    MonkeyPad likes this.
    Touchpad/3.0.2.68 - Font rendering in the browser is lousy, with small fonts becoming very blurred (poorly implemented sub-pixel rendering? Might be better to turn it off below a certain point/pixel size).

Also, lines of text have a tendency to break up in the browser, or have lines of pixels duplicate.

These issues happen with all web sites, including this one (in particular this thread) - would have to say webOS has by far the worst font rendering performance of any tablet.
    DreamScar likes this.
    My touchpad inserts "sent from my palm pre" when reply to email.
    "sent from hp touchpad" when composing.

I did not play with signature settings.
    Issue noticed before homebrewing.
    "Humanity wasn't ready for WebOS"

Pre - uk day 1
    Pre + uk Replacement
    HP Touchpad 16 GB Day 1
    HP Pre 3 Vodafone
  17. ilm
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    Flash videos progress bar stops downloading the videos after few minutes of playback, that happens from many sites like mega video etc.. after

eithers tops or keeps buffring
    Had the same happen to me on Youtube. If I clicked the seeker bar, downloading would resume from that point and stop after loading the same amount of time (like about 50 seconds worth of a 6-7 minute video). Not sure what the source is as I can't consistently reproduce it. I'm using the usual speed tweaks (as outlined in ncinerate's thread) and UberKernel @1.5Ghz.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    1. Identify
    The Touchpad will not unmount from my desktop computer.

2. Isolate
    I'm not using any other feature or program.

3. Describe
    After connecting my TP to the computer to transfer songs or movies, the TP will not unmount from the desktop. I use the "Safely Remove Hardware" feature. I get the pop-up box that it is safe to remove the device. The TP never returns to the main screen. When I unplug it from the desktop, I get "Owww, that hurts.." message.

4. Replicate
    This happens everytime I try to unmount the TP.

5. Verify
    bibiana and fuser-invent like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    1. Identify
    The Touchpad will not unmount from my desktop computer.

2. Isolate
    I'm not using any other feature or program.

3. Describe
    After connecting my TP to the computer to transfer songs or movies, the TP will not unmount from the desktop. I use the "Safely Remove Hardware" feature. I get the pop-up box that it is safe to remove the device. The TP never returns to the main screen. When I unplug it from the desktop, I get "Owww, that hurts.." message.

4. Replicate
    This happens everytime I try to unmount the TP.

5. Verify
    if on windows, try going to Computer (formerly My Computer), find the touchpad listed, right click on it and select "eject". wait a few seconds, and then your touchpad will wake up to it's normal screen.

worked for me at least. trying the safely remove hardware from the system tray resulted in the same outcome as you experienced.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
    Touchpad/3.0.2.68 - Font rendering in the browser is lousy, with small fonts becoming very blurred (poorly implemented sub-pixel rendering? Might be better to turn it off below a certain point/pixel size).

Also, lines of text have a tendency to break up in the browser, or have lines of pixels duplicate.

These issues happen with all web sites, including this one (in particular this thread) - would have to say webOS has by far the worst font rendering performance of any tablet.
    I have this issue as well. Sometimes the text will move out of alignment or the bottom of letters will get cut off.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast