Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
  • 1 Post By 4wheels
  1.    #1  
    I have been considering the purchase of the HP TouchPad. The issue of lag seems to be a problem for some. So, I decided to go to Best Buy and see for myself. I tested the HP against the other tablets at the store. A friend of mine helped me to launch a web page on the various tablets. We were shocked at just how,much lag the HP had compared to the Android Tablets. Is this something that has a patch available to fix it?
    You should see lots of device navigation and improvement once the update launches.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    redmist likes this.
    And the best buy demo units seem way slower than my touchpad. I should go to BB and do a side by side heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    You should see lots of device navigation and improvement once the update launches.
    Stop teasing us

To the OP: Even if the OTA doesn't fix everything magically like most of us hope, there are still a lot of steps you can take to speed up a touchpad. And I've never seen a touchpad that lagged as bad as a demo model.
    my 32 GB TP has really bad lag. I keep having to touch every link, almost anything on it many times for it to get to do something. Thinking of returning it. I did try the patches that others have recc in the "so fast" thread. Did not make any difference. Maybe its just some units....
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    installing the update now... hopefully things get smoothed out~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Got my TP 32GB yesterday from Costco. 28 hours later & it's all Preware & Homebrewed up and there's very little lag. Most commands & scrolling are now smooth after installing the 2 patches & 1 linux app that stop it from logging everything you do (remember to do a full reboot after). I also put on the F15C kernel at 1.5GHz, and it's pretty fast now.

BTW the TP scales from a low CPU Freq of 192MHz!!!! That's part of why there's lag, as it takes a split second to recognize you're doing something & speed up to 1.2GHz (even stock). Before I upgraded the kernel I used Govnah to raise the min CPU speed to 384 and that helped reduce initial lag to commands.
    TreoRock likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by davehries View Post
    I have been considering the purchase of the HP TouchPad. The issue of lag seems to be a problem for some. So, I decided to go to Best Buy and see for myself. I tested the HP against the other tablets at the store. A friend of mine helped me to launch a web page on the various tablets. We were shocked at just how,much lag the HP had compared to the Android Tablets. Is this something that has a patch available to fix it?
    lag is usually associated with scrolling and responsiveness. It sounds like your issue is page loading time.

the other tablet may have had it in cache. More info and controlled tests would be needed between another device of the same size, with cache and cokkies cleared.
    I can say the update makes the TP way faster and smoother! I hope they update the demo models!
    Agreed . Much smoother after the update.
    yes HP pls update the demo units!!!
    Do u guys face some lag in the calender when you shift the views from grid-row-day.....the dates and months overlap with a lag.....