View Poll Results: If you have the TouchPad, do you like it?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • I absolutely love it and use it daily!

138 71.88%
  • I like it, but don't use it often.

5 2.60%
  • I have some issues with it, but enjoy it otherwise.

33 17.19%
  • I don't like it at all.

6 3.13%
  • I returned mine because I didn't like it.

10 5.21%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    The TouchPad has officially been out for one month now, for those who have it, how do you feel about it? Do you use it daily, or just here and there? I remember when the iPad came out, a few people were so excited about it and rushed out to buy it, used it a couple times, and now don't use it at all.

I personally never saw the point of tablets but now I use it for a number of things and can't imagine life without it.
    Last edited by bhughes719; 08/01/2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: more info

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    Footfury likes this.
    its ok i guess but I haven't used it in 2 weeks. I continue to just grab my pre minus to do what I thought I would do with the touchpad. I will fire it up today and get the update through and try out that new browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    its ok i guess but I haven't used it in 2 weeks. I continue to just grab my pre minus to do what I thought I would do with the touchpad. I will fire it up today and get the update through and try out that new browser.
    Me too. Haven't touched it all weekend. Still mostly use my phone and if I need to do real computing I use my laptop
    I use the touchpad quite a bit, my desktop pc has been on far less since ive had it.. And even them mostly for streaming. I'm loving the touchpad, my main annoyances are at a lag I experience, which isnt that often, and the few restarts the touchpad decided it wanted.
    mine was returned
    I stopped bringing my laptop home from work. I use the TouchPad for everything I used to do on the laptop in the evenings.
    i use it all day at work for notes, etc in meetings, and have it in my hand web surfing most of the night in front of the TV.

(Except those nights when my wife will not give it back - she can play angry birds for HOURS!)
    cobrakon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I stopped bringing my laptop home from work. I use the TouchPad for everything I used to do on the laptop in the evenings.
    so you just read stuff or do you use Google docs to edit/create?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I've stopped playing Angry Birds and am now CONSUMED by Robotek with occasional fits of BeamOut! It's always within reach and while I still have a few nits to pick, I like it much more so than my iPad or The Heater (my Sony Vaio)
    I use google docs when I need to. Mostly I was using it for research along with Facebook and catching up on the news.
    I use it daily and more or less love it, but I find the annoyances getting ever so more annoying. If the update(s) solve some of the bigger issues (biggest being the 5-15 second freezes that happen constantly) I'll be a happy camper. The thing stopping me from using it more often is my 2.5 year old stealing it constantly. Why oh why did I let him see Angry Birds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    mine was returned
    Sama here, returned it about 12 days after purchase. Couldn't justify the price compared to the amount of usage. Picked up the iPad 2 and it's worth the price in terms of feel and amount of usage the wife and I get out of it. Can't believe I went back to an Apple product but hardware/software combo is unmatched in industry. Also helps that it's reliable and has what I need. I'm pretty much moving on from webOS and converting to iOS. I'm going to miss cards, multitasking, synergy and homebrew though.

I'm a day 1 Pre owner and will be upgrading Pre- on 2.1 to iPhone.
    Last edited by IamMedina; 08/01/2011 at 01:36 PM.
    no freezes here. Turn logging off or install preware patches
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Me too. Haven't touched it all weekend. Still mostly use my phone and if I need to do real computing I use my laptop
    exactly... I was hoping it would replace my phone but it just hasnt..
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    no freezes here. Turn logging off or install preware patches
    Did all this, no change I'll be working in an app, go to scroll and the screen is just dead. 5-15 seconds later every touch I did goes by in a flash. In a dual-core system something just seems amiss there.

I am hopeful, we'll have an update within 6 minutes
    Herk_FE likes this.
    I don't use it a ton when i'm at home, but boy is it amazing for roadtrips or other times when i'm out of the house.
    Morning:
    - Read from Simple Bible for morning devotions.
    - Check out USA Today
    - Read Comics HD
    - Play Robotek/Angry Birds/etc.

At work:
    - Surf while working on computer (easier to do it with a separate device)
    - Check e-mail/Facebook

At home:
    - Play games
    - Read news
    - Check on e-mail/Facebook (so much faster than rebooting laptop!)
    I use mine almost everyday, about as much as my husband uses his iPad2. I am generally pretty happy with it and will start using it at work as well when the QuickDocs update releases. The only time I prefer the iPad now is for Hulu and Netflix. I find everything else I do works as well or better as the iPad.

Definitely going to keep mine and predict I won't be able to live without it in 6 months or so after a few more updates come out.
    I actually use it more than my laptop, which surprises me... Browser was better at downloading different file types, it would make my laptop even more lonely.
    Since I got it, not a day goes by that I don't use it. Even today, left it at home, when I walk in the door if it's still on the TS I will grab it and bring it down the hall to sit on the TV stand in front of the TV while I get outta my dress clothes and throw some shorts on. Grab a beverage and sit on the couch and browse for a few minutes and unwind, go out to start watering the garden, come back in and mess around some more, maybe play a game with the wife or look up a recipe.

I have gotten a lot of use out of it and only fire up the office PC to print or do something where I need a physical keyboard (still haven't dropped the money on the BT keyboard).

Tonight, my messing around will be replaced by yanking off the theme and other items and do the OTA (hoping the OTA hits this afternoon so I can check the twitter feeds and see if I can get away with only removing the theme). I am on the west coast so I have 5+ hours til I get home...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast