View Poll Results: If you have the TouchPad, do you like it?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • I absolutely love it and use it daily!

138 71.88%
  • I like it, but don't use it often.

5 2.60%
  • I have some issues with it, but enjoy it otherwise.

33 17.19%
  • I don't like it at all.

6 3.13%
  • I returned mine because I didn't like it.

10 5.21%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes
    I gave my wife my iPad for this beast. I use it every day and my wife uses her iPad everyday, but I catch her all the time trying to do her Pre- gestures on it. I think HP is headed in the right direction, they just need a more rapid release process.

Instead of full blown updates every so often they could have bugs and features patch/updates every week or bi-weekly.

THIS IS HOW MY COMPANY WORKS AND THEY ARE A MULTIBILLION DOLLAR SUCCESS STORY LIKE HP.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I love mine and use it every day. It sits by me while I'm watching TV and I use it for reference all the time. I used to have my iPhone near me for this purpose, but the TP is much better, and not just because of the screen size. I also find myself using my desktop much less now. My wife has a laptop but I'd stick with the TP any day.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    New member here but I thought I would had my positive impression. I've own the TP since the July 5th. In that time I've only had the unit lock up once and that's how I discovered this forum. I reset the device and its been rock solid ever since. In my house I get a fast wireless connection and I've had no wireless issues at home or work. This tablet doesn't replace my desktop but I can see it with MSOffice editing App replacing my laptop for certain business trips. Right now its an entertainment device and overall I'm pleased.
    speedtouch likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcurrent View Post
    New member here but I thought I would had my positive impression. I've own the TP since the July 5th. In that time I've only had the unit lock up once and that's how I discovered this forum. I reset the device and its been rock solid ever since. In my house I get a fast wireless connection and I've had no wireless issues at home or work. This tablet doesn't replace my desktop but I can see it with MSOffice editing App replacing my laptop for certain business trips. Right now its an entertainment device and overall I'm pleased.
    Welcome to PreCentral, Xcurrent, and enjoy your TouchPad.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    I use the touchpad quite a bit, my desktop pc has been on far less since ive had it.. And even them mostly for streaming. I'm loving the touchpad, my main annoyances are at a lag I experience, which isnt that often, and the few restarts the touchpad decided it wanted.
    Hopefully the current update fixes the lagging...

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehalliday View Post
    i use it all day at work for notes, etc in meetings, and have it in my hand web surfing most of the night in front of the TV.

(Except those nights when my wife will not give it back - she can play angry birds for HOURS!)
    I do the same. During the day, I'll take notes, listen to music, play games in between busy periods, and at night, I'll usually play some games while watching TV before bed.

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I love my touchpad more than I ever thought I would. I wasn't even interested in owning one and didn't read precentral's review before I owned it. My opinion changed after I played with a Bestbuy demo unit; I was hooked and ordered it from Amazon the next day.
    Like others have stated I no longer bring my laptop home with me, my touchpad accompanies me everywhere. It was a great travel companion when I recently travelled abroad and now with playon set up it's fulfilling all my media needs.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    exactly... I was hoping it would replace my phone but it just hasnt..
    I switched from the Pre 2 to the Pixi Plus for the free mobile hotspot on Verizon, because the TouchPad can fulfill most of my web browsing needs. I really only use my phone for texting or calls. I had originally hoped that getting the texts to the TouchPad would work, but it's not that big of a deal. One day...

Use it constantly - love it. Am trying to come to terms with leaving it behind on "vacation". I'll be on an island off the coast of GA working on sea turtle project with limited access to electricity so will just bring my Pre- and Kindle.

I'm not very techie and use it without any patches or preware - same as my Pre.
    after this extremely impressive speed boost, I like this thing even more!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I love mine, I use the Pre while I'm at work (drive a car all day so a tablet isn't practicle) and use the Touchpad when I'm at home. The only time I've used my laptop since the purchase is to upload movies, pics and all my documents to box.net.

Don't know why some of you would grab a Pre vs the Touchpad when both are available, especially with the larger screen which makes web browsing so much better.

I'm glad I bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcurrent View Post
    Welcome to PreCentral!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I am loving mine. I use it far more than my laptop except for doing work at home, as I haven't got around to figuring out the Citrix stuff that electronic medical records run on. Today my tech-avoiding wife even asked me where it was, as likes doing web searches on it better than her computer.
    I take mine with me everywhere.
    pair it up with my pre plus from verizon and I have maps and anything else I do..

except for one nagging thing, I'm a windows admin and need a remote desktop client
    once that gets here I'll be able to pass my laptop off.
    I've had my TouchPad now for almost a month now and I can't put it down. I travel a lot for work and now my laptop stays at home. With great features such as flash, games and kindle, flying and delayed flights are a little easier to cope with. It's not hard to see why the majority of posters in here love their TouchPads
    I've been using mine for the past two days at the Global Leadership Seminar. The Bluetooth keyboard makes it a LOT easier.

I was using Typewriter Beta to take notes, and it works somewhat, but I would rather have a full-featured word processor.
    I've been using mine daily for a month straight. Love it!
    Well it's officially a month for me now, and I like it just as much as the day I bought it. It goes pretty much everywhere with me, I use it daily.....ok most of the day.......ok, ok.....all day. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but whatever it is, I like it! Nothing else to compare to except my desktop, which incidentally is acquiring a pretty good layer of dust. About the only thing that's used for is uTorrent, Guitar Pro5, playing music, and I can't think of much else really.

Surprisingly took me awhile to make myself use the TouchPad, mostly just breaking the habit, although quite often I find myself in front of my PC, and my TouchPad at the same time. The hardest thing I find is remembering my mouse won't head over to my TouchPad and remembering which keyboard to use. (I would think it would be easier than it is, but funny when I'm typing and wondering where all the words are).

No regrets here. Think my girlfriend's going to be getting one of these for Christmas this year
    The 90% satisfaction rate in the poll is very impressive.
    Launch day TP owner here. I love my device. I realize there are some software things that need to be worked out. But the fragile casing that is causing cracks to appear most often by the speakers is unacceptable.

But HP stepping in and taking care of customers with the issue is reassuring. I'm on my 2nd TP after my 1st cracked by the speaker. I just exchanged mine where I bought it at Fry's. But since I work there I did the exchange at day 40 of ownership, otherwise there is only a 15day return policy which may not be long enough for an owner to have the cracks develop.

But I loooove my TP! If they can get these teething problems worked out they will have one solid and unique product.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123