Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Updates seem to be a problem today.

I tried this mornings updates that failed, tried again - failed, rebooted, again failed, and finally deleted app, reinstall, and install failed.

Weird, something must be up, but I can't be the only once with problems???

Here are some screen caps...

enyo-findapps_2011-30-07_101049.png

enyo-findapps_2011-30-07_101058.png

Anyone else having problems with updates, downloads, or otherwise today? Sorli...
    We are currently experiencing some difficulties with App Catalog downloads. This is under current investigation and we hope to have it back up soon.

Thank you for your patience.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    pgarcia likes this.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    thanks for the heads up I was wondering what was up
    something is up with the app catalog... Nothing seems to be updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD007 View Post
    something is up with the app catalog... Nothing seems to be updating.
    See this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3048731
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    App Catalog should be back up and running. Thank you for your patience.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

yes it does, thx for the info
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    We are currently experiencing some difficulties with App Catalog downloads. This is under current investigation and we hope to have it back up soon.

Thank you for your patience.
    I dont know if its related, but although I can view the catalog, j cannot see any thumbnails.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Just got off the phone with a second tier tech support person at HP (using their webOS Butler service). I finally got the Yahoo! Mail issue I posted about in another thread resolved.

Anyway, at the end of my call she asked if I had any additional questions. I asked if the OTA update time frame was still by the end of the month (tomorrow). I won't post her whole response, but let's just say that the phrases, "don't want to create false expectations" and "mid-August" were part of the answer.
    Yeah and I was just told within the next week. These reps don't know webOS let alone when an update is coming...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    The rep I asked said that HP service representatives do not hold this information and have no idea about such things. I was glad he was at least honest with this and not making up some bull**** date.

This was on the third call the other two people I couldn't even UNDERSTAND cause they couldn't speak english at all..

God do I miss webOS USA based support from before..

-Toaster
    "Mid-August".... Ugh. I'm a webOS faithful, but if that is true, then I'm now in the camp of "HP sucks". I like my touchpad, but as a long, lost Sprint Pre- owner, I am tired of the failed promises and statements from both Palm and HP.

Yes, I know, the OTA will get here when it gets here.... don't rush something to market.... blah, blah, blah.

I've had a couple of people who are thinking about buying a tablet ask me if I would recommend the TouchPad. I've told them to wait a bit until after the OTA is out because the TouchPad is too laggy at times, no document editing, etc.

Like I said, I'll likely be a webOS customer for a long time because I like it. My wife has an iPad that I don't like and an HTC Epic android phoen that I don't like. So, I still have my Pre-, the Touchpad, and I'm even waiting for a Pre3. However, I get tired of the statements that come out of HP and (formerly) Palm. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
    steffej3 and k4ever like this.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    a phone rep isn't going to know when the OTA gets released.
    You got the same information that I would get if I walked down the street and started asking random people when the update is coming. More often than not release dates and product announcement dates are not provided to the telephone / chat reps until the day of launch.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

You got the same information that I would get if I walked down the street and started asking random people when the update is coming. More often than not release dates and product announcement dates are not provided to the telephone / chat reps until the day of launch.
    I agree with you, but when it's the end of the month and there isn't an update or comment we can only go on what little nuggets we can uncover. Just passing along what I was told.
    People have to stop listening to support or sales reps when it comes to stuff like this. Just like all the sales reps saying you wouldn't be able to get a TP on July 1, then tons of people went to their retailers and got one.... reps don't have the real info.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    But also; HP exec should act responsively and stop giving vague informations. first they say something and then they build wall of silence.
    Last edited by chalx; 07/30/2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Random people would look at you like you got three heads. I'd guess 97% of people out there wouldn't know what WebOS is.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by waiting4_OTA View Post
    Give it rest already, do you really think the OTA is going to help, vendors are already dropping the prices on the touchpad
    It will help me. I need some of the capabilities that are reportedly in the update - the sooner the better.

Like I said, just passing along what I was told. Nothing wrong with an extra data point while we all wait for the update or an update.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    But also; HP exec should act resposevly and stop giving vague informations. first they say something and then they build wall of silence.
    I agree with you on that. They have gone a whole two weeks without saying anything. They should be keeping us informed. They should be apologizing come August 1st if this is not available.
    ijip likes this.
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast