Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    Took my TouchPad back to Best Buy ...... And showed them how much I love it!

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio2k View Post
    personal I do see some problems with the HP TP but overall I think it's an superior device to the ipad when it was released in the beginning and it did not stop the earlier adopters to spend there hard earn money.
    Yes but at the time of release, even with any possible flaws that you might reference, it was still head over hills better than any tablet that had come before it AND it had the benefit of working within an ecosystem shared by the most popular smartphone (iPhone) and music player (iPod).

The Touchpad isn't being launched with any of these benefits. The phones are seen as a failure, by most who even remember them, and it has very few apps comparatively. It might be better off than the Playbook but what is going to pull the average consumer to it? On the plus side, it's got the HP brand but I have a feeling it's going to be eating into the 5-10% of sales going to other tablets rather than taking anything away from the 90%+ iPad share at this point.

I still think WebOS itself is potentially superior to iOS but WebOS has been floating on potentiality for far too long now. It's a shame Apple didn't buy Palm up, really.
    Last edited by jtfolden; 07/30/2011 at 12:31 AM.
    I could buy 2 Color Nooks for the price of my TouchPad.
    and you would have two slow, useless pieces of junk. I couldnt get rid of mine fast enough.
    IGNTNUNLMTD and rlopin like this.
    The update is coming and it's a great update and a lot of things are fixed, but frankly if you expect the update to fix EVERYTHING all you are doing is setting yourself up for failure. I'm sure even when the update comes there will be more things that pop up that users find and report to us, and that's what we rely on. Fact of the matter is we can have all the internal testing we want, but still won't find half the stuff that is found in real world experiences.

With all that bugs are going to be fixed, the device is going to run a lot better than what is running now, however every bug mentioned is not going to be fixed and many more I'm sure will crop up.

Don't hang onto this device if you are expecting every bug to be fixed and there to be no further problems, but with that being said I wouldn't go buy any other device then either otherwise you are just going to be disappointed then as well.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Thanks HardBeatZ for serving up a slice of reality
  6.    #146  
    <<thread cleansed>>
    My bets are we will see it Sunday Night - 'within the month'

That they seem to have moved efforts to the Pre3 tells me the update is almost here.
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    a post count of 3 and Mmoran27 already knows what 'typical' is here!
    Ive had my touchpad for two weeks now, my only annoyances with it are centred around the browser. For example these forums dont work too well on the touchpad, read threads still appear as unread until there is a refresh, same for read forums. Just a slight example of the browser not behaving as it probably should. I'm looking forward to an app that can make forums TouchPad friendlier!
    Just to be real, lately I have had hit and miss problems with these forums on all devices lately, including different pc's on different networks. I know there are some changes going on, so I am not worried right now, but I have seen issues.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    @richardtank keep an eye out for Communities, should be what you're looking for. DeCovett's a 'bit' of a perfectionist, it's not out yet, but hopefully he'll be satisfied enough to release it soon.

As for weird forum behaviour, I get strange things happening on my Pre as well, for example posts not showing up until you hit refresh.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The update is coming and it's a great update and a lot of things are fixed, but frankly if you expect the update to fix EVERYTHING all you are doing is setting yourself up for failure. I'm sure even when the update comes there will be more things that pop up that users find and report to us, and that's what we rely on. Fact of the matter is we can have all the internal testing we want, but still won't find half the stuff that is found in real world experiences.
    but when?

by the most generous of accounts, the update should have been here anfew days ago. We have been told things by HP execs repeatedly that we reasonably read as promises, but we just get disappointed. Yes, we want updates, asap, but what I'm tired of are disappointed expectations----expectations that were made by the webOS parties.

so a couple of days late is generally not the end of the world. However, when expectations are repeatedly disappointed, that's a different thing. Unfortunately for HP, the webOS context is of a Palm that disappointed expectation after expectation after delivering, initially and fabulously, with webOS.

i want an end of disappointed expectations. Even better, I want clear, consistent communication, and an apology when promises are broken. I realize of course that you have little power over such things, so I'm venting.

The TP is a solid device, and webOS 3 is a superior tablet OS. I want both ecosystems to succeed. Please run with webOS. Please improve communications with users. Be the giant that HP is.
    Sooner than .ater, the french app cat has been updated and all updates and downloads are unavailable. I bet in 2 hours from now we will see webos 3.0.2 on our tablets
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    I just tried downloading 2 different apps here in Canada and same result, downloads are failing. hmmm....HMMMMM???
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by gzinkl View Post
    but when?

by the most generous of accounts, the update should have been here anfew days ago. We have been told things by HP execs repeatedly that we reasonably read as promises, but we just get disappointed. Yes, we want updates, asap, but what I'm tired of are disappointed expectations----expectations that were made by the webOS parties.

so a couple of days late is generally not the end of the world. However, when expectations are repeatedly disappointed, that's a different thing. Unfortunately for HP, the webOS context is of a Palm that disappointed expectation after expectation after delivering, initially and fabulously, with webOS.

i want an end of disappointed expectations. Even better, I want clear, consistent communication, and an apology when promises are broken. I realize of course that you have little power over such things, so I'm venting.

The TP is a solid device, and webOS 3 is a superior tablet OS. I want both ecosystems to succeed. Please run with webOS. Please improve communications with users. Be the giant that HP is.
    I think the only official announce of HP was saying "end of july", if I remember correctly all other dates were rumoured by unofficial websites??
    Chill. We'll get an update when it's ready. It won't be perfect, but it will be an incremental improvement. HP is a big company. The webOS Engineering group is tiny by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by gzinkl View Post
    but when?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    @Hardbeatz: if you read this, can you confirm that hp has been selling tablets with some minor changes over the time ? Because I see a lot of people complaining about bugs that I don't ha e on my tp. Plus the sound coming from my speakers are really loud, make my tp vibrate, whereas others say that they can barely hear it^^
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    They have released a RC2 release to us devs, so that means we are getting closer.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    They have released a RC2 release to us devs, so that means we are getting closer.
    In the past, what has been the typical elapsed time between RC2 (release candidate 2) and go live?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Updates seem to be a problem today.

I tried this mornings updates that failed, tried again - failed, rebooted, again failed, and finally deleted app, reinstall, and install failed.

Weird, something must be up, but I can't be the only once with problems???

Here are some screen caps I posted on my Google Docs account for reference:

enyo-findapps_2011-30-07_101049.png

enyo-findapps_2011-30-07_101058.png

Anyone else having problems with updates, downloads, or otherwise today? Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 07/30/2011 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    In the past, what has been the typical elapsed time between RC2 (release candidate 2) and go live?
    Well, as of webOS 3, it is the first update so there is no such "typical elapsed time". As of webOS 2, don't know...
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast