Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmoran27 View Post
    I can guarantee that if there is no update by now there will be no update this month.

HP will simply ignore they ever said that like every other company that promises something they cannot deliver.

Remember the RIM CEO that promised native email for the playbook within 60 days?

Where is that? When asked about that comment he denied ever saying that.

Lie Lie Lie is all these guys do to cover up problems.

The HP touchpad has some serious problems and this is marketing spin by the CEO to do damage control from the lame reviews.

If they had a fix don't you think they would rush it to market before all these negative impressions take place.

Exactly. What have we got, empty promises and a buggy device that is barely usable in its current state. With Flash sites, pages never load or take ages.

I cannot type on the thing without getting frustrated, and the constant reboots.

What a POS
    I love mine and couldn't disagree with you more. I'm not denying other's experiences of freezing or resets, but I've not experienced either (with the exception of three resets from going to one specific website). The presence of HardBeatz, an employee from HP on this forum, shows me HP is committed to making WebOS in general, and its arguably flagship device (the Touchpad) topnotch. I also have not had a problem free experience with any other tablet I've checked out (including the iPad). They all have some issues and specific flaws in manufacturing are expected on individual devices (hence the reason why some reset or freeze and others don't). The issues I've seen people post here are either general flaws (the kind that the update is designed to handle such as my Touchpad often getting error messages when I try to go to websites), flaws specific to that individual (either due to manufacturing issues or user issues), and people trolling for attention by badmouthing the device, when they often don't even own one. I'm not sure which camp you're in. Given that very few people have had Touchpads arrive inoperable (which is in stark contrast to the original Pre launch), the evidence is fairly clear that the Touchpad is anything but a POS. However, you are entitled to your opinion, and time will tell if you are just trolling or not.
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 07/28/2011 at 02:06 PM.
    All for One and One for All!
    kjb86 and jondough like this.
    Some people's return window is up soon, its better for them to have the update and assess it before that window closes, rather than forcing them to make decision one way or another then regret it.
    UPDATE! Please!

1. How about sending us a patch to overclock this processor to 2.0Ghz? Okay perhaps just 1.6ghz, I 'm sure the processor can take it.

2. Clean up all then redundant javascript code and perhaps it will run faster.

3. I'm hoping we get a front camera patch for taking video and pictures.

4. Please make the calendar smoother.

5. The browser is missing compatibility features.

This would be my Top 5! I don't care for a calculator!
    So disappointed to get home and hit Update just to see that still nothing. Especially since for the past few days, my TP is starting to get the freezes and reboots that others talked about but that I hadnīt seen... until now.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    my is annoying, he phone app just pops out of nowhere for no reason, and as fast as it opens it closes itself~! scary -=X
    but very annoying acutally because it seems to grind the system to a halt and i have to wait for the app to go away before i can start doing things again =\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I can guarantee that if there is no update by now there will be no update this month.

HP will simply ignore they ever said that like every other company that promises something they cannot deliver.

Remember the RIM CEO that promised native email for the playbook within 60 days?

Where is that? When asked about that comment he denied ever saying that.

Lie Lie Lie is all these guys do to cover up problems.

The HP touchpad has some serious problems and this is marketing spin by the CEO to do damage control from the lame reviews.

If they had a fix don't you think they would rush it to market before all these negative impressions take place.

Exactly. What have we got, empty promises and a buggy device that is barely usable in its current state. With Flash sites, pages never load or take ages.

I cannot type on the thing without getting frustrated, and the constant reboots.

<<mod delete>>
    I have had no problems with reboots. But if you have had these problems, have you talked to HP support? If, after speaking with HP support, you still have problems, why have you not returned it? We all hope that the update will fix some problems, but you are ultimately responsible for making sure that you take whatever action is necessary to protect yourself under return policies and warranties.
    kjb86 likes this.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWFlink View Post
    I pointed out in my original posting that I have multiple hotmail accounts integrated via webOS mail, calendar and contacts, update and synced via the eXchange interface to live/hotmail (i.e. m.hotmail.com).

What DOES NOT WORK is simply loging into hotmail.com via the web browser. The brower attempts multiple times in 10 seconds or so to complete the login to the mail service before giving up and going to a page on the hotmail site where they suggest I may need to create an account ... yet I obviously have multiple accounts working via webOS mail and on multiple PCs.

If you CAN create a hotmail account and login to it from the webOS web browser.... PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

With a working live.com account, I don't need Office (or QuickOffice or Box, etc.) on my phone or pad or PC to create, edit, view and store on the web (live.com/SkyDrive) word, excell, powerpoint or notepad files. ...I simply want to do this on my TouchPad.

If YOU can, please lets talk via email to diagnose what I'm doing wrong. ??? possibly I don't need to use the exchange (m.hotmail.com) interface ??? Your are using IMAP and getting calendar and contacts lists synced ???

Thanks for taking the time to understand and hopefully help.

Email Intervention - Homepage

intervention completed
    I hate to break it to you folks, but mobile OS dont get updates on a very regular basis. Even if we got an update every month we would be leading the field.
    Governor at PPUK - www.pirateparty.org.uk
    Former N900 user, Linux fan.
    Current setup: PC (i7 950, 12GB, 2xGTX460, Windows/Gentoo/OSX Lion), Google Nexus S, Macbook Pro 13"
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I don't get why you guys return and buy again. That adds to retailers cost and ultimately higher retail prices for consumer. I'm not completely satisfied with my TP yet (lags and reboots occasionally) but I'm waiting for the update if it stabilizes my device. (I have 1 more week for an exchange with amazon if I'm not happy) I don't want to add patches until the update comes.
    bevcraw and Cantaffordit like this.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I'm not expecting the world. Just less lag and random reboots. That isn't adding new features so I think that is enough .02 update. I am relatively happy with HP's kindle app which works WELL and is stable. Haven't tried the movie app other than confirming it runs.
    gone. just decided about an hour ago to get ride of the device. I knew of the risks as an early adapter, but between this device and the god awful usability of my Pre2, I am done at this stage. Will probably be back, but ....
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Well, yes some people just want updates for the sake of updates but when the TP launched the kindle app was nonfunctional so that was a major app update. The HP movies is less important when many people have other options but still important for marketing. I just want more consistent performance and less crashes (I've had 4 in the last 3 weeks usually with buggy apps I think) with the pending webOS update. Faster boot time would be nice although webos smartphone users are used to the ultraslow bootups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    gone. just decided about an hour ago to get ride of the device. I knew of the risks as an early adapter, but between this device and the god awful usability of my Pre2, I am done at this stage. Will probably be back, but ....
    Would you return it if you believed one update could fix TouchPad?
    MIA thought so
    Mmoran, please check your calendar. Noone promised the update by July 29, rather by the end of July. According to my calendar there are still two more days. You were the only one that said it was suppose to come today...so yeah..its MIA by your deadline...not HP's.

That said, as I posted before...I wouldn't be surprised if the deadline did slip by Sunday. We know it will be here soon. If you can't wait a few days...take your Touchpad back. Have you tried calling HP's Butler Service regarding your problems? Its possible that it is a problem unique to your device rather than all Touchpads. Then again, several people have tried to tell you this before.
    All for One and One for All!
    People still use Hotmail???

@Midway.....wish I had a Pre2, instead of my -.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Mmoran, please check your calendar. Noone promised the update by July 29, rather by the end of July. According to my calendar there are still two more days.

That said, as I posted before...I wouldn't be surprised if the deadline did slip by Sunday. We know it will be here soon.
    There are many users looking forward to this "fix most problem" update to decide if they want to keep it. For them, there is a clear deadline set by vendors. Just vaguely saying "maybe this, I wouldn't be surprised if its that, soon" just not gonna help them.

Ps. Hp told many reviewers that this update coming "very soon", some people even thought that there would have been an "day 1 update", or "1st week update", later a date of 25th was mentioned. The inability to deliver this in a timely manner just call into question about truthfulness of hp's promise.

Im not asking hp to release update before its ready, just ask them to be realistic and tell customers truethful assessment in the future. Which I hope will be the case after the always big mouth Rubinstein.
    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Last edited by clevin; 07/29/2011 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    There are many users looking forward to this "fix most problem" update to decide if they want to keep it. For them, there is a clear deadline set by vendors. Just vaguely saying "maybe this, I wouldn't be surprised if its that, soon" just not gonna help them.

Ps. Hp told many reviewers that this update coming "very soon", some people even thought that there would have been an "day 1 update", or "1st week update", later a date of 25th was mentioned. The inability to deliver this in a timely manner just call into question about truthfulness of hp's promise.

Im not asking hp to release update before its ready, just ask them to be realistic and tell customers truethful assessment in the future. Which I hope will be the case after the always big mouth Rubinstein.
    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Rubinstein was being a marketeer, not an engineer.

I don't expect the first OTA to "fix" everything. ENYO is a new framework. Anything this complex takes several iterations to fully debug and optimize. Baring a serious show stopper, my guess is that we'll see the first update toward the end next week.
    Dan Donovan
    jondough likes this.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    personal I do see some problems with the HP TP but overall I think it's an superior device to the ipad when it was released in the beginning and it did not stop the earlier adopters to spend there hard earn money.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Rubinstein was being a marketeer, not an engineer.

I don't expect the first OTA to "fix" everything. ENYO is a new framework. Anything this complex takes several iterations to fully debug and optimize. Baring a serious show stopper, my guess is that we'll see the first update toward the end next week.
    Sound like a good estimate, heard rumour why the touchpad availability in Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand & Singapore is 12th Aug is to have the patch build into the product when it ship.
    I finally gave up, and took Touchy back to BB. Felt really bad, but I realize now that this device will not be doing anytime soon the things I expected after watching the show in February. I'm still watching hopefully for a webOS rise to the top... but for now I'll be watching from my Pre-, for as long as it hangs on. (I'm doctoring as I write this, due to some serious email problems...)
    Hope you all are pleasantly surprised on Sunday!
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast