Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    I swear some of you know it alls who should be running the world by now should for once in your life be thankful for what you have.

You are lucky enough to be fortunate to have the touchpad or the option of getting one. If your biggest worry is if the update is on time or not then maybe you should rethink your priorities in life.

for people who have all these mysterious issues with their device, you've either done something to it or your just simply an... I dont know. My device is flawless and I couldnt be happier to have it (and this is me who thought tablets were a complete waste and useless product). Does the device hang for a sec or 2 from time to time? Sure. But hey, it doesnt ruin my day like some seem too. Again, check your life priorities.

my device froze when I had certain patches and preware. I removed it like it was when I got it and its back to being great.

ive said it before and will again... If you think you can miraculously pump everything into action better in under 12 months please feel free to submit your resume to HP so they can hire you to take over the company.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/26/2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: off topic
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I swear some of you know it alls who should be running the world by now should for once in your life be thankful for what you have.

You are lucky enough to be fortunate to have the touchpad or the option of getting one. If your biggest worry is if the update is on time or not then maybe you should rethink your priorities in life.

for people who have all these mysterious issues with their device, you've either done something to it or your just simply an... I dont know. My device is flawless and I couldnt be happier to have it (and this is me who thought tablets were a complete waste and useless product). Does the device hang for a sec or 2 from time to time? Sure. But hey, it doesnt ruin my day like some seem too. Again, check your life priorities.

my device froze when I had certain patches and preware. I removed it like it was when I got it and its back to being great.

ive said it before and will again... If you think you can miraculously pump everything into action better in under 12 months please feel free to submit your resume to HP so they can hire you to take over the company.

BRAVO SIR!!! BRAVO!!! I couldnt have said it better myself!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmoran27 View Post
    HP is pulling the old bait and switch.

Remember they said they would not ship until it is perfect?

They also promised hundreds more apps at hard launch and what did the deliver?

A bunch of apps for local newspapers a half baked kindle app and the movie store with inflated prices.

Show me some real apps like remote desktop. No document editing are you kidding me?

No updates to fix this buggy thing?. Mine reboots randomly has wifi issues email app does not work half the time. But theyre in no rush to fix these?

that email bug has existed since webos 1.0. How many think they'll fix it with the .02 release.
    So, in summary, they gave what they promised, it's just not to your liking, therefore it's bait and switch.

<< OP <<mod delete>> DELETE >>
    Last edited by hparsons; 07/26/2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: not going to argue with mods about who's insulting who
    kjb86 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    I don't see TP pushed in business market at all. I compare HP approach to business market by looking their launches of business systems, servers and computers on one side, and TP messy launch in consumer market. What they allowed themselves with TP, they would never allow themselves with professional equipment in business market.
    Really? Were you around when they took over Compaq servers? That made this whole scenario look smooth as silk.

Merging companies/products is no simple task. I know, I know, some folks will say I'm "making excuses"; fine, they shouldn't buy the products if they feel that strongly about it all (that was my reaction when HP first took over Compaq and churned out servers). If you don't like the product after they've smoothed out wrinkles, that's fine too, don't buy it.

However, in the meantime, don't just make up issues where they don't exist.
    another thread to b locked up soon. as usual differing opinions will be welcome. just that you need to differ how much you like it, not the other way around. sorry fan boys for the puns.
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo_sg View Post
    another thread to b locked up soon. as usual differing opinions will be welcome. just that you need to differ how much you like it, not the other way around. sorry fan boys for the puns.
    While your sarcasm is noted, in a way I agree with the sarcastic comment.

This is a support forum. For those that don't like the device/platform, there are forums for them to discuss the platforms they do like. If those offering "differing opinions" are simply here to tell us how much they don't like it, I for one would rather they simply move on, instead of (constantly) cluttering the discussions.

There are very few "I really like this" posts on here. Those do, usually say way. Those that don't like the device (in spite of not owning one), simply parrot what they've heard elsewhere, or make things up as they go.

Yes, even though your post appeard to be sarcastic, I agree with it!
    OldSkoolVWLover and k4ever like this.
    Yeah man, but TP is having some serious problems for now, and some guys are for so long webOS if OTA is not released while I can still return it.
    1. Do you own one?
    2. No one should buy a 1.0 launch day product unless they expect bumps and trust the manufacturer to solve them. Don't buy it to play and return. That's just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    1. Do you own one?
    2. No one should buy a 1.0 launch day product unless they expect bumps and trust the manufacturer to solve them. Don't buy it to play and return. That's just wrong.
    1. No,I don't own one, and I've explained what I meant in response to similar hparson's post - I was confusing in my previous post.
    2. I don't think unhappy TP users which posting here bought it to play and return. I think its fully legit for them to take back their TPads, than buy another and relax while OTA update arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    C'mon, tell the truth. If you were one of those guys, you'd never have bought it in the first place. I think I see a pattern:

Step 1 - Tell them they shouldn't buy it
    Step 2 - Tell them what a mistake they made
    Step 3 - Tell htme they should take it back
    Step 4 - Help ensure no one else makes the same mistake

This passes for "support" on here. Sad.
    You got it completely wrong, as usual.
    1. No,I don't own one, and I've explained what I meant in response to similar hparson's post - I was confusing in my previous post.
    2. I don't think unhappy TP users which posting here bought it to play and return. I think its fully legit for them to take back their TPads, than buy another and relax while OTA update arrives.
    You may think that, but no, it,s not "fully legit". People doing stuff like thatis exactly why so many electronics retailers have gotten stricter in their return policies. If some is legitimately unhappy with their purchase, they should return it. However, turning around and repurchasjng clearly indicates they weren't really unappy with it, but are simply trying to circumvent a store's return policy.

If the update is a prerequisite for keeping the device, the person should wait for it before buying.
    here, I fixed it for you:

No one should buy a 1.0 launch day product unless they expect bumps and trust the manufacturer to solve them. Don't buy it to play and return. That's just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    My device is flawless and I couldnt be happier to have it (and this is me who thought tablets were a complete waste and useless product). Does the device hang for a sec or 2 from time to time? Sure. But hey, it doesnt ruin my day like some seem too. Again, check your life priorities.
    While I won't quite go so far as to say mine's flawless....there are a few things here and there that are quirky. It's a pretty huge step up for me in the webOS chain coming from the low, low, low Pre-. (Thought I'd never call it that, ok I just conformed...easier than saying OriginalPre).

I, also as kjb86, was one that thought I'd never need/want a tablet. I have a great desktop, why on earth would I need such a device. Again coming from the -, simple things like that spinning wheel, actually spinning and not looking like The Price Is Right wheel as it's slowing down...... simple things like that.

Having my apps open almost immediately, without the usual "Oh hang on a second, it'll come up soon".....2 minutes go by and...you know the drill.

I still find it outright hilarious that there's gripes about the extra thickness and weight. Maybe I just have huge hands....and maybe I just ate more Wheaties than you as a kid (I'm lying.....I was a Cheerio's kid). God forbid anyone complaining about that get a job that involves an iota of sweat....you'd be run out of a job.

There are things that could be improved on for sure, Doc Editing isn't a real priority in my list, but I can see how that's pretty major for some.

Here's a priority for me...make the player buttons big enough so that someone over the age of 10 can push them without missing them....man they are small.

While the app count isn't impressive, I do find the steady flow of apps that keep appearing, keeps me interested enough to check every once in awhile, and I can usually find one or two that I'm interested in. On that note, I've rediscovered old apps from my Pre that I found barely usable, work quite well with the TouchPad.

I'm pretty happy with mine, it is what it is. I'm sure they'll keep on working on it.

Sometimes I wonder how many people that complain about these things walk into a McDonalds, eat half of their burger, and then complain that their burger doesn't look the picture on the menu, and then demand their money back.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    kjb86 likes this.
    any of you guys remember the threads in 2009, 2010 when we'd post anxiously awaiting an update? I miss the lighthearted fun.
    HP staff would do well to go read some of those. Our devices were far from perfect, and the updates weren't even that amazing. But we loved it. We're the same users, but the spirit has changed. They would do well to figure out why.
    me, I'm still excitedly tapping refresh on open update card every time I walk by Touchy.

but for how much longer... ?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I had bought an eInk book reader way before the Kindle was even through of. The specifications were created by an ebook reader community and a French company decided to build it. The unit would freeze often, and was missing features like the ability to delete a book (the delete button did nothing) or zooming a pdf file. We were promised an immediate update to fix it. Six months later they released an update that made it freeze much less often. It took them another year before an update that fixed some of the usability problems. During that time Amazon released their product and now no-one knows that this device ever existed.

During this whole time I was unhappy about the company's support. However at no time couldn't I use the device to do what it was made for; I've read through 100s of books on it and still love reading on it. I can't see doing serious reading on a back-lighted display.

I've had some bad experiences with HP in the past. Once I had $5M worth of computers collecting dust for a year waiting for the application promised by HP. Then they decided not to get into that business at all.

I also was working for RCA when they released their video disc player and we all said, "Huh? What are they smoking?". We all know how that went down.. contributing to the demise of RCA. Bottom line is that I expect that HP has learned from the mistaked of the past. WebOS is a big part of the future of HP and the TouchPad is a part of that plan.

So... Will I be unhappy if HP doesn't release an update as soon as promised? Yes, but it is no way the end of the world. I'm using my TouchPad productively every day.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    any of you guys remember the threads in 2009, 2010 when we'd post anxiously awaiting an update? I miss the lighthearted fun.
    HP staff would do well to go read some of those. Our devices were far from perfect, and the updates weren't even that amazing. But we loved it. We're the same users, but the spirit has changed. They would do well to figure out why.
    me, I'm still excitedly tapping refresh on open update card every time I walk by Touchy.

I was not negative than. Had lots of faith and even registered half year after Pre purchase because I had no need to post. I was just reading through posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post

I will never forget waking up and seeing the post from GuyFromNam of the video recording app.

Ahhh back then the trolling and negative posting were much further and fewer between. I guess something must be going right with WebOS to attract the attention of all the trolls and even those that have "given up" on WebOS still come around here on a daily basis... call it what you want, I am gonna call it jealousy.

Ohhh and even now, every once in a while I hit the update app on the Veer, excitedly awaiting 2.2 and TTS. Even though I know I will see it in these forums and lit up on twitter most likely hours before I am able to get the update.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    hparsons and Jonesey like this.
    I never call it the "pre -" either... I just call it Pre. I used to own a Pre. Now I own a Pre 2. It's a pre. lol

Well that's just it, sledge. Is the device perfect? Heck no. No device is perfect. But rather than seeing the glass half empty, it's half full actually. HP did this in under 12 months. that's quite the accomplishment. Even thou some believe it's not good enough, I know it's a massive leap. Only good things to come from here on in.

For people who think the TP is a do-or-die, it's not. And even HP knows that. They're smart about it and they are doing the right thing. webOS has a lot to grow and HP will grow it.

If you're that unhappy with an electronic device, then go get something that will because it will make your life a little less stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    While I won't quite go so far as to say mine's flawless....there are a few things here and there that are quirky. It's a pretty huge step up for me in the webOS chain coming from the low, low, low Pre-. (Thought I'd never call it that, ok I just conformed...easier than saying OriginalPre).

I, also as kjb86, was one that thought I'd never need/want a tablet. I have a great desktop, why on earth would I need such a device. Again coming from the -, simple things like that spinning wheel, actually spinning and not looking like The Price Is Right wheel as it's slowing down...... simple things like that.

Having my apps open almost immediately, without the usual "Oh hang on a second, it'll come up soon".....2 minutes go by and...you know the drill.

I still find it outright hilarious that there's gripes about the extra thickness and weight. Maybe I just have huge hands....and maybe I just ate more Wheaties than you as a kid (I'm lying.....I was a Cheerio's kid). God forbid anyone complaining about that get a job that involves an iota of sweat....you'd be run out of a job.

There are things that could be improved on for sure, Doc Editing isn't a real priority in my list, but I can see how that's pretty major for some.

Here's a priority for me...make the player buttons big enough so that someone over the age of 10 can push them without missing them....man they are small.

While the app count isn't impressive, I do find the steady flow of apps that keep appearing, keeps me interested enough to check every once in awhile, and I can usually find one or two that I'm interested in. On that note, I've rediscovered old apps from my Pre that I found barely usable, work quite well with the TouchPad.

I'm pretty happy with mine, it is what it is. I'm sure they'll keep on working on it.

Sometimes I wonder how many people that complain about these things walk into a McDonalds, eat half of their burger, and then complain that their burger doesn't look the picture on the menu, and then demand their money back.
    hparsons likes this.
    You folks notice that version number?!
    I assume thats the 3G Version as it has a 'number' field, so I suppose thats the version of webos shipping on those devices
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast