Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    since quote isn't working right now..

@etphoto did you hit the install button?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Hehe...no, but it could be sticky'd & moderated to death? One can dream.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Hows acid3?

Remember passwords now?

Does it move left and right when scrolling?

Rearrange bookmarks?
    Remember passwords for what? Mine remembers passwords on 3.0.0
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    since quote isn't working right now..

@etphoto did you hit the install button?
    Yes, thanks for answering. I plugged it in and it took off and installed.

ET
    Hows acid3?
    92/100

Remember passwords now?
    This isn't a feature I typically use for security reasons. That said, I seem to remember the old browser remembering my login details for at least Precentral's forums.

Does what move left and right?

Rearrange bookmarks?
    Not that I can figure out.
    I've noticed overall speed improvements, the entire OS feels much faster and apps run much faster as well... Kindle page change animations are now super smooth.

This is also especially evident for me in Quickoffice when opening excel spreadsheets, it still has some lag but is much more usable now then before!

Browser still doesn't offer the ability to remember passwords.

Yes it still moves left and right when scrolling.

Like others have already mentioned, facebook chat on the website now actually works! Flash seems to run a little better when playing Plants vs Zombies online.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Flash video playback is better. I can watch Hulu at 480p and before I was only able to watch at 270p. It took a few reboots to get the kinks worked out. On my first attempt the sound and video wasn't synching. After the reboots it cleared up.

The webcam is still sluggish, but it is actually usable now.

Overall it seems to have been a good update. We just need more big apps and features added.
    Has anyone run Sunspider?
    Does the volume when listening to music seem louder or am I just wishing that it is? It was never really a big issue to me, but just wondering if it increased fixed with sound quality.
    Remember passwords for what? Mine remembers passwords on 3.0.0
    No it doesn't remember passwords (passwords manager), what your browser does on 3.0.0 is allow cookies to retain login info.

I take that as a no in this 3.0.2 neither.
    Yes, it still does.

Rearrange bookmarks?
    Nope, still no option to rearrange bookmarks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Yes, it still does.

Nope, still no option to rearrange bookmarks.
    Okies, thanks, seems it's mainly a bug fix for browser without new function.
    Got home, watching some TV with the wife and slowly downloading update. Looking forward to tabbed browsing.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    No it doesn't remember passwords (passwords manager), what your browser does on 3.0.0 is allow cookies to retain login info.

I take that as a no in this 3.0.2 neither.
    I fully understand the function of cookies, was asking because you weren't specific. As someone else said, I have never let a browser remember a password other than a cookie enabled from a forum or some other unimportant site.

Quote Originally Posted by simseysyd View Post
    Does the volume when listening to music seem louder or am I just wishing that it is? It was never really a big issue to me, but just wondering if it increased fixed with sound quality.
    Lol same... it seems louder to me but I may just be imagining things.

can someone else confirm?
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Got home, watching some TV with the wife and slowly downloading update. Looking forward to tabbed browsing.

It's absolutely awesome! I just replaced the Quick Launcher Internet browser icon with Advanced Browser now that tabs work!
    There's an @ symbol in the keyboard layout now... !!! Wooo hoooo!!!!

When entering an email address I see...
    Quote Originally Posted by simseysyd View Post
    The update did nothing for the volume level. Any change you notice is imaginary I think.

PS: THere is a very effective homebrew solution for the low volume problem.

In Preware, go to 'Available Other' -> ' Linux Application' -> 'System Utilities' -> 'Increase Touchpad Volume'. There is a 'light' version of this too, but for some reason it is no longer listed in Preware. The light version gives a 33% boost, whereas the avaiable version gives a 66% boost to the volume level. Personally I prefer the 'light' version, since the other version tends to distort the bass and the overall sound at very high volumes.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The update did nothing for the volume level. Any change you notice is imaginary I think.

PS: THere is a very effective homebrew solution for the low volume problem.

In Preware, go to 'Available Other' -> ' Linux Application' -> 'System Utilities' -> 'Increase Touchpad Volume'. There is a 'light' version of this too, but for some reason it is no longer listed in Preware. The light version gives a 33% boost, whereas the avaiable version gives a 66% boost to the volume level. Personally I prefer the 'light' version, since the other version tends to distort the bass and the overall sound at very high volumes.
    Thanks
    so i dont see the private browsing option in the browser menu...
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    It's absolutely awesome! I just replaced the Quick Launcher Internet browser icon with Advanced Browser now that tabs work!
    I am loving this, will make up some for not having advanced gestures