Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    After reading all the whining, complaining and negativity precentral members have continuously filled this thread with over the past few days, I first want to push out a huge kudos to Bevcraw for her attempts to keep things clean in here.

Second, I am wondering how many of you are now going to complain, whine, and spew negativity that the update did not arrive before 3PM Pacific time, but at 3:08 PM instead ......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Folks keep in mind that the update was not cancelled, just didnt make it this morning. Richard sent out a tweet mentioning 3:00 pm as the new target and we are not there yet (Pacific time)

Pipe down and lay off of them. They are communicating and thats good news. If theres some reason 3:00pm doesnt work out I'd like to think they are comfortable telling us so!
    Well the problem is he is communicating via twitter and not calling each user directly to let them know there is a delay. And since the whinners aren't following him on twitter they don't know that he is updating them until someone (looks like it had to be you this time) tells them individually and directly that there has been a communication.

I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Downloading 3.0.2 68 now...YAY!

Installing

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 08/01/2011 at 06:43 PM.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    can't wait to use that calculator & alarm clock
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    You have the option to Install Now. If you aren't ready don't hit install, just close the card and install later.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Downloading 3.0.2 68 now...YAY!
    Me too!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Darnin it, battery at 37%, needs 50%.... Sigh....
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d-larsen View Post
    You have the option to Install Now. If you aren't ready don't hit install, just close the card and install later.
    Thanks, in my eagerness i told it to start downloading but as an IT person I feel the need to run Save/Restore and copy off my USB partition before I update - so was worried I'd messed up
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    Thanks, in my eagerness i told it to start downloading but as an IT person I feel the need to run Save/Restore and copy off my USB partition before I update - so was worried I'd messed up
    Done this morning after I saw the original tweed about today's morning roll-out.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Validation went fine. So I just hit the Install Now button and I'll see what happens next...
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ok so following the comments - it downloads, unpacks, verifies - does it give you an option to NOT install when that is done, or does it install immediately?

just curious, mine is downloading... Thanks Clarice
    You have to press the "install" bar to install.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I still like the circle animation during the actual install. I think I've seen this before.
    The update is like 38 mb's seems rather small, BUT it seems to be stuck on the unpacking it appears to be at 80% not moving for a few minutes now. I wouldn't of thought it would take THAT long to unpack this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It doesn't matter that both are based on Linux, they are indeed totally different. Software from 3 doesn't run on 2.x, and software from 2.x only runs on 3 because HP is (currently) including the Mojo framework in 3.
    NO. You're talking about frameworks... the same frameworks that will allow a Pre 3 running WebOS 2.3 to run newer Enyo-based apps.

OS X has introduced and dumped numerous app frameworks over the years. OS X 10.7 has dumped Rosetta, for example. Does that mean it's a brand new OS, written from the ground up? Of course not...

It's still the same OS, just evolving and, much like the Mac, introducing improved frameworks along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Darnin it, battery at 37%, needs 50%.... Sigh....
    same here. Pretty irritated as I had it plugged in all day. Apparently Mu usb cable went bad

tried 2 different chargers, then as a last ditch effort tried a different cable...now its charging...sigh
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    ok so following the comments - it downloads, unpacks, verifies - does it give you an option to NOT install when that is done, or does it install immediately?

just curious, mine is downloading... Thanks Clarice
    I forgot about mine and came back and there was a button that said "Install"
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Install about 43% completed ...
    i'm unpacking as well... staying around 90 percent.. could be my imagination though. Lol
    I can't wait to install it so I can complain about what it didn't fix all the way till the next update.
    lexb and coughdrops like this.
    its here see precentral homepage!!!!!!! D/ling it now