Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    I was about to pack up my TouchPad and send it back because of wifi problems and no update out, but we will see if this update fixes my issues. Hopefully it will be out soon now.
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman821 View Post
    I was about to pack up my TouchPad and send it back because of wifi problems and no update out, but we will see if this update fixes my issues. Hopefully it will be out soon now.
    Hopefully you have access to wifi to receive the update.
    varavant likes this.
    Europe is going to bed already, so no update for us today :-(
    Good luck all, I hope you guys will still get it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by joblamie View Post
    Europe is going to bed already, so no update for us today :-(
    Good luck all, I hope you guys will still get it today.
    Don't count today out
    3PM Pacific time = 11PM in the UK (I think)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Don't count today out
    correct
    Folks keep in mind that the update was not cancelled, just didnt make it this morning. Richard sent out a tweet mentioning 3:00 pm as the new target and we are not there yet (Pacific time)

Pipe down and lay off of them. They are communicating and thats good news. If theres some reason 3:00pm doesnt work out I'd like to think they are comfortable telling us so!
    I'm not sure the 3:00 pm target was tweeted by Richard. That information infact was provided by 'MateoSolo' in this thread and his source, although an HP contact, is not Richard I think.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Don't count today out
    I'm not so sure. 3PM Pacific time is 11pm GMT

But we are currently in British Summer Time, which is an hour later.

So it could be 12.00am

(I must admit to being slightly confused though )
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    i'm still awake and enjoying my TP as it is Yeah we all like updates it's part of loving tech.
    A great device will only get better with updates . . . . Enjoy and relax.
    I'm glad they are testing before release. Having the OTA Update fail would be the worst possible outcome. Mom always said 'if you don't have time to do it right, you certainly don't have time to do it twice!'
    Mr Hyde likes this.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    thank you.

I am so sick and tired of this whining mentality. This sense of entitlement.

the update will get here when its ready and actually gets here. Your life isnt over because of some delay that HP is not entitled to share with the public. Go outside enjoy life and the earth. Maybe you'll be a bit happier in life with some vitamin d
    Look, I like the whining as much as you do. But there is an entitlement: I bought an HP product that HP said it would support frequently and timely. That expectation is brought on by the company. That is not a free-loading entitlement, that's now a justified consumer expectation. If you get a cold latte, you expect the barista to make you a new one, right? It wasn't up to spec, and you assume when you buy your cup of joe, it will meet a minimal set of expectations.

Likewise, we plunked down some serious cash on an HP product. I'm fairly certain that there is a majority here who would like nothing more for HP to wildly succeed with webOS. We buy webOS products. We proselytize. We make apps for it. We make patches - for free - make tools - for free - etc. etc. etc.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with us being upset for a promise not kept, and, in view of a promise they can't keep, communication that says, at the least, that it's delayed for x number of days.

Face it, Palm had a terrible history with communication and the webOS community when it came to expectations. They engineered expectations, and didn't meet them. HP can control this - they have many outlets of communication, even just tweeting, and I am sure with the editors of sites like precentral and webosroundup. Pick up the phone, shoot an email, tweet. How hard can it be? Just don't leave us in the dark. Don't be Palm. Be HP.

Yes, my life will go on just fine without a timely update. But don't raise my expectations as your customer, and not keep them. At least not without warning.

Expressing frustration about an HP-engineered frustration is not unjustified. Annoying to read, maybe, but no reason to belittle those who are really frustrated - because they want webOS to be the success it SHOULD be, more than anyone.

And now, I look forward to the update and I am grateful to the HP employees who are making it possible. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is why we try not to communicate things publicly. Everyone complains that we don't communicate and don't announce updates product launches etc. We announce stuff then we get our feet held to the fire when we are unable to meet that (regardless of the reason).

The fact of the matter is the update was as Richard stated slated to go out early this morning, however it didn't turn out to be possible for other reasons which I'm not going to go into.

The whole point is what is to be expected? Palm HP gets backlash when we don't communicate things, but we get the same backlash when we do communicate. This has given me serious thought into never going into Public Relations...
    I think you are misunderstanding the cause of people's anxiety. After the fact that HP had not been able to meet the publicly declared schedule of "by month end", communicating that the update will finally be released the morning of August 1st and then not meeting that schedule also does serve to rub it in a bit and is totally unexpected, but I still think it is understandable, for there could be umpteen number of reasons for the delay. But, what is not understandable, is why there has not been further communication to let people know that there is a delay and what the new targeted schedule is. Please remember, communication is always an ongoing process. I am sure, that if HP had communicated that due to unforseen circumstances the update has been further delayed by a few hrs or days or whatever, only the most unreasonable and there will always be some of those, persons would have *****ed and moaned.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    So we may possibly see an update in about 10 minutes???
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    So we may possibly see an update in about 10 minutes???
    The truth is, nobody knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    unfortunately there are too many people out there that are not as "forgiving". (its actually sad how upset and personally offended people are getting) I dont care "when" it comes out. I just care that it makes improvements.
    My big issue over the weekend was the bad PRPRPR &$amp$; $dissolving$ $of$ $trust$ $that$ $lack$ $of$ $communication$ $brings$ $when$ $missing$ $self$ $imposed$, $publicly$ $communicated$, $deadlines$. $They$ $grandstanded$ $end$ $of$ $month$, $even$ $if$ $the$ $word$ '$promise$' $was$ $never$ $used$. $That$ $makes$ $it$ $really$ $hard$ $for$ $people$ $like$ $me$ $who$ $have$ $sold$ $so$ $many$ $non$-$tech$ $users$ $on$ $webOS$. $It$'$s$ $hard$ $to$ $convince$ $those$ $fringe$ $users$ $to$ $stick$ $with$ $webOS$ $when$ $the$ $only$ $response$ $I$ $can$ $give$ $is$:

"Well, I don't know, the update didn't come, and no idea on the Pre 3 yet." I've had to tow that line for months with people who are/were truly becoming webOS fans. Unfortunately, the lack of credibility that continues on has cause several casualties to our user base. My best friend who ditched his iPhone for an AT&T Pre+ last year & claimed "This is the best phone I've ever owned." will be switching to Android this week. He doesn't want to, but for business needs to upgrade & has no other option since the Pre 3 has been mum for so long.

Personally, I'm here & not going anywhere anytime soon b/c I love it so much. Certainly some of you can understand what it's like to sell the fringe on a product that's not so mainstream yet? Bad PRPRPR = $Nearly$ $impossible$ $sale$. $I$ $can$'$t$ $wait$ $to$ $have$ $one$ $of$ $my$ $friends$ $or$ $family$ $email$ $me$ $tonight$ $when$ $Gizmodo$ $posts$ $a$ $story$ $slamming$ $the$ $lack$ $of$ $an$ $update$.

Sorry, I write too much...but for me at least, this was never about the update, but the overall lack of communication, follow through, and accountability.

Cheers all, hope it's a good evening!
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    At the end of the day, we all love webOS, we all love the fact it's progressing, we all love the fact there's a shiny new update on the horizon made by some very talented guys back in "Palm".

If HP just communicated more there'd be 50% less whining

Right, where the F5 button...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Personally, I'll take the update when it's ready and no sooner. I have no complaints with my TouchPad except I can't create a Skype account (not a big deal since I never used it prior).
    update avail for me
    thetman likes this.
    38 mb
    I am in Winnipeg Canada and downloading it now.
    Woot!
    Edwin
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Update available!!! Woo hooooo!!!

3.0.2 - 68 is currently downloading in Southeastern Mass...
    Last edited by akshunj; 08/01/2011 at 05:23 PM.