Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 625
Like Tree334Likes
  1. #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is why we try not to communicate things publicly. Everyone complains that we don't communicate and don't announce updates product launches etc. We announce stuff then we get our feet held to the fire when we are unable to meet that (regardless of the reason).

    The fact of the matter is the update was as Richard stated slated to go out early this morning, however it didn't turn out to be possible for other reasons which I'm not going to go into.

    The whole point is what is to be expected? Palm HP gets backlash when we don't communicate things, but we get the same backlash when we do communicate. This has given me serious thought into never going into Public Relations...
    Crap happens. Maybe a "doh, had some issues. Give it a couple more hours, days, weeks, etc." from Mr. Kerris. For me I'd rather know than indenting my refresh button

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is why we try not to communicate things publicly. Everyone complains that we don't communicate and don't announce updates product launches etc. We announce stuff then we get our feet held to the fire when we are unable to meet that (regardless of the reason).

    The fact of the matter is the update was as Richard stated slated to go out early this morning, however it didn't turn out to be possible for other reasons which I'm not going to go into.

    The whole point is what is to be expected? Palm HP gets backlash when we don't communicate things, but we get the same backlash when we do communicate. This has given me serious thought into never going into Public Relations...
    I hear you, but you have to expect that your feet will be held to the fire when company big wigs make very public statements about xyz if xzy doesn't appear or work the way it was stated that it would.

    Personally, I feel that they should have stated when it was coming & made sure that they held they're engineer's feets to the fire. Get it out when you say you'll have it out & if it needs more updates push them out.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  3. #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is why we try not to communicate things publicly. Everyone complains that we don't communicate and don't announce updates product launches etc. We announce stuff then we get our feet held to the fire when we are unable to meet that (regardless of the reason).......

    .......Palm HP gets backlash when we don't communicate things, but we get the same backlash when we do communicate. This has given me serious thought into never going into Public Relations...
    I'll have fun at your expense (HP), but never flame you for over communicating, even if it means owning up to missed deadlines or being proactive in communicating that.

    So long as you are communicating in a frequent, open, & trustworthy way with the community, I think you win over some of us who have a real problem with silence. Over communicate, I'll bet you get more fans than slams. IMO.
    gzinkl and Weaser999 like this.
  4. #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is why we try not to communicate things publicly. Everyone complains that we don't communicate and don't announce updates product launches etc. We announce stuff then we get our feet held to the fire when we are unable to meet that (regardless of the reason).

    The fact of the matter is the update was as Richard stated slated to go out early this morning, however it didn't turn out to be possible for other reasons which I'm not going to go into.

    The whole point is what is to be expected? Palm HP gets backlash when we don't communicate things, but we get the same backlash when we do communicate. This has given me serious thought into never going into Public Relations...
    I'm going with Kamaru here, there is a reason PRPRPR $people$ $are$ $trained$ $to$ $not$ $make$ $specific$ $assurances$ $unless$ $they$ $are$ $1$ $Million$% $sure$ $that$ $they$ $will$ $be$ $met$. $KjB$ $is$ $right$, $its$ $certainly$ $not$ $a$ $big$ $deal$, $but$ $that$ $statement$ $was$ $a$ $strategic$ $error$.
  5. #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamaru View Post
    Another idea would be to not make a commitment that you cant follow through on. There is a difference between communication and misinformation. A commitment was made, not followed through, and that is somehow the users fault? Interesting use of logic.
    Not sure a tweet counts as a "commitment."

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    kjb86 and rot like this.
  6. kamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #446  
    I'm talking about the update in ten days announcement.
  7. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    thank you.

    I am so sick and tired of this whining mentality. This sense of entitlement.

    the update will get here when its ready and actually gets here. Your life isnt over because of some delay that HP is not entitled to share with the public. Go outside enjoy life and the earth. Maybe you'll be a bit happier in life with some vitamin d
    well said!!!
    kjb86 likes this.
  8. #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is why we try not to communicate things publicly. Everyone complains that we don't communicate and don't announce updates product launches etc. We announce stuff then we get our feet held to the fire when we are unable to meet that (regardless of the reason).

    The fact of the matter is the update was as Richard stated slated to go out early this morning, however it didn't turn out to be possible for other reasons which I'm not going to go into.

    The whole point is what is to be expected? Palm HP gets backlash when we don't communicate things, but we get the same backlash when we do communicate. This has given me serious thought into never going into Public Relations...
    Well, at least take some comfort in knowing that this happens to every company. A few weeks ago the 2.3.5 update for my Nexus S 4G was supposed to come out (July 11th) but didn't. Then it finally did July 25th or something. Granted Sprint and Google didn't OFFICIALLY say on July 11th it was coming. But still there were a lot of annoyed people.

    But really, Richard should know with customers and fanatical ones such as webOS customers to be SURE (like 100%, hitting the button to release as he was typing that tweet sure) before saying things.

    And yeah, I agree with you. Screw public relations. People suck.
  9. #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Unix is rocking @ 2GHz. Who cares about the update?
    Not to hijack the thread, but it would be interesting to start a thread comparing the overclocking accomplishments of webosinternals vs. the homebrew (hacking?) community on other platforms.

    How fast has a xoom been stably overclocked to? GalaxyTab?
    LinT likes this.
  10. #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Your life isnt over because of some delay that HP is not entitled to share with the public.
    Speak for yourself dude....

    j/k
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    steffej3 likes this.
  11. #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamaru View Post
    Another idea would be to not make a commitment that you cant follow through on. There is a difference between communication and misinformation. A commitment was made, not followed through, and that is somehow the users fault? Interesting use of logic.
    I see your point however how have they not followed through? A little delay but still rolling out?

    how many times in life have we all said something and then may have been delayed?

    how many times have people been late for work? Do you have a boss that rips into you?

    put yourself in hp's shoes. How would you like it? They are working really hard for us, even if some cant fathom it for whatever selfish reasons.

    HP take your time and get it out. I would much rather have it done properly than not.
    LinT and Scott L like this.
  12. #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Unix is rocking @ 2GHz. Who cares about the update?
    Only 2 GHz???
    I see pandas.
  13. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is why we try not to communicate things publicly. Everyone complains that we don't communicate and don't announce updates product launches etc. We announce stuff then we get our feet held to the fire when we are unable to meet that (regardless of the reason).

    The fact of the matter is the update was as Richard stated slated to go out early this morning, however it didn't turn out to be possible for other reasons which I'm not going to go into.

    The whole point is what is to be expected? Palm HP gets backlash when we don't communicate things, but we get the same backlash when we do communicate. This has given me serious thought into never going into Public Relations...
    No I think you only get beaten up for lack of communication. We had no idea it was going to be a few days late. Just tell us 'we need a few more days QA, sorry guys' and we'll forgive you anything.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  14. #454  
    465.

    Come on, we can get to 500 before the update is available
    I see pandas.
  15. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    No I think you only get beaten up for lack of communication. We had no idea it was going to be a few days late. Just tell us 'we need a few more days QA, sorry guys' and we'll forgive you anything.
    unfortunately there are too many people out there that are not as "forgiving". (its actually sad how upset and personally offended people are getting) I dont care "when" it comes out. I just care that it makes improvements.
    StompAWOT likes this.
  16. Mr Hyde's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is why we try not to communicate things publicly. Everyone complains that we don't communicate and don't announce updates product launches etc. We announce stuff then we get our feet held to the fire when we are unable to meet that (regardless of the reason).

    The fact of the matter is the update was as Richard stated slated to go out early this morning, however it didn't turn out to be possible for other reasons which I'm not going to go into.

    The whole point is what is to be expected? Palm HP gets backlash when we don't communicate things, but we get the same backlash when we do communicate. This has given me serious thought into never going into Public Relations...
    HardBeatZ,
    I'm sure you're aware that no matter what you or HP does people will complain. Those that complain are always very vocal so it gives the appearance that they are giving the majority opinion but usually they are not. There are many of us who understand real life and that unforseen problems occurr that play havok with schedules and time tables. We are content to actualy wait until things are ready. I would say that the silent majority are content and are totaly understanding.

    So, from the silent majority, thank you for keeping us informed and for being part of this community. We totally understand that you cant give any more intormation than you are allowed and we all appriciate the information that you pass along to us here.

    Dont let the whiners get you down.
  17. #457  
    but HP doesnt have to tell the public why something is delayed. They arent entitled to tell the public, only their shareholders.

    further to that, sure HP could have waited the extra month to release a more 'refined product' (I dont know why some have the issues they have. Have the same device, software and I dont have a single problem.. I have a feeling things are overstated hardcore)... Anyways my point is even if they waited then everyone would then continue to complain that the device is taking too long to get to market and that HP is dead and webos is dead etc.

    on this forum no matter what happens everyone is going to complain and be unhappy. Thats the conclusion ive come to. It will never be good enough unless its something from apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    not telling people why things do or dont happen is what causes as much annoyance as missing dates. It doesn't that help too many "adults" throw tantrums when they don't get their way. IMO, this wouldn't have been as much an issue had HP released a more polished product from the start. Then folks may not have felt they needed an update so soon to justify their investment in the product.

    reluctantly, if I keep a tablet at all, I think may be going back to the ipad. It fits my needs better than the TP at this point. Sigh, oh well.
  18. #458  
    right there in the minority with you, mr hyde

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    HardBeatZ,
    I'm sure you're aware that no matter what you or HP does people will complain. Those that complain are always very vocal so it gives the appearance that they are giving the majority opinion but usually they are not. There are many of us who understand real life and that unforseen problems occurr that play havok with schedules and time tables. We are content to actualy wait until things are ready. I would say that the silent majority are content and are totaly understanding.

    So, from the silent majority, thank you for keeping us informed and for being part of this community. We totally understand that you cant give any more intormation than you are allowed and we all appriciate the information that you pass along to us here.

    Dont let the whiners get you down.
  19. #459  
    Folks keep in mind that the update was not cancelled, just didnt make it this morning. Richard sent out a tweet mentioning 3:00 pm as the new target and we are not there yet (Pacific time)

    Pipe down and lay off of them. They are communicating and thats good news. If theres some reason 3:00pm doesnt work out I'd like to think they are comfortable telling us so!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  20. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Only 2 GHz???
    nah not good enough. Speak when its 2.1 lol

Posting Permissions