Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    This reminds me of the Pottermore opening.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I have feeling that the manual check does nothing. Like the traffic control lights in New York City. You press the button, and wait for the traffic to stop. The trick is, it would anyway. Its just there to make you feel like you have some control. ;-)
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Sanjay likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I have feeling that the manual check does nothing. Like the traffic control lights in New York City. You press the button, and wait for the traffic to stop. The trick is, it would anyway. Its just there to make you feel like you have some control. ;-)
    You never updated your Pre using this function? Plenty of us did.
    "HP UK
    Now your TouchPad is even more like nothing else!

An over-the-air webOS update for all TouchPads is now available, automatically upgrading your TouchPad to webOS 3.0.2. You asked a we listened. A few of the updates include: faster scrolling and improved image rendering, setting your wallpaper from photos in the Photos app and enhancements in autocorrection of contractions.
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Understanding webOS system updates
    kb.hpwebos.com
    Palm provides system updates wirelessly to HP webOS devices. These updates are released periodically and are intended to increase stability, improve the user experience, and in some cases add functionality." according to HPUK Facebook page HP UK - Wall | Facebook
    JonVon and Wozza666 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by djcuervo View Post
    "HP UK
    Now your TouchPad is even more like nothing else!

An over-the-air webOS update for all TouchPads is now available, automatically upgrading your TouchPad to webOS 3.0.2. You asked a we listened. A few of the updates include: faster scrolling and improved image rendering, setting your wallpaper from photos in the Photos app and enhancements in autocorrection of contractions.
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Understanding webOS system updates
    kb.hpwebos.com
    Palm provides system updates wirelessly to HP webOS devices. These updates are released periodically and are intended to increase stability, improve the user experience, and in some cases add functionality." according to HPUK Facebook page HP UK - Wall | Facebook
    Figures Europe gets TP OTA first. They seem to be first on the list for everything these days (reference Pre 3 release)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    You never updated your Pre using this function? Plenty of us did.
    Well not that there were many ota updates, but they always appeared first thing in the morning, for me. UK based...
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Does anyone in the UK have the OTA update yet?

I now have a dent in the screen at the update button! Really hope the update fixes that!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Figures Europe gets TP OTA first. They seem to be first on the list for everything these days (reference Pre 3 release)
    Admittedly, it is later in the day for them.
    Will they release the doctor when the update is made available, or is there usually a delay? I wouldn't mind a clean install. Honestly I can't remember anymore it's been so long. (Sprint 1.4.5)
    There's usually a delay. A few days or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    This reminds me of the Pottermore opening.
    This is like a woot-off Bag of Carp F5 frenzy.....minus the F5 key.

***EDIT*** And before anyone accuses of having no life for pushing refresh...well, it's true, at least the last few days. Been at home on crutches and vic's for the last few days b/c of a foot injury. So cut me some slack!
    Last edited by steffej3; 08/01/2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Fun
    strykr_ac and toy4x4 like this.
    where is the damn update....what country was richard referring to when he said rolling out this morning...why make such statements when they are not ready...this is pathetic...
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    <<threads merged>>
    This thread has been merged so many times this morning, my head is getting dizzy :P
    in coming hours !! Roflol
    mcbr likes this.
    The Dr. is gonna take a little bit to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    where is the damn update....what country was richard referring to when he said rolling out this morning...why make such statements when they are not ready...this is pathetic...
    This is why we try not to communicate things publicly. Everyone complains that we don't communicate and don't announce updates product launches etc. We announce stuff then we get our feet held to the fire when we are unable to meet that (regardless of the reason).

The fact of the matter is the update was as Richard stated slated to go out early this morning, however it didn't turn out to be possible for other reasons which I'm not going to go into.

The whole point is what is to be expected? Palm HP gets backlash when we don't communicate things, but we get the same backlash when we do communicate. This has given me serious thought into never going into Public Relations...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    thank you.

I am so sick and tired of this whining mentality. This sense of entitlement.

the update will get here when its ready and actually gets here. Your life isnt over because of some delay that HP is not entitled to share with the public. Go outside enjoy life and the earth. Maybe you'll be a bit happier in life with some vitamin d

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is why we try not to communicate things publicly. Everyone complains that we don't communicate and don't announce updates product launches etc. We announce stuff then we get our feet held to the fire when we are unable to meet that (regardless of the reason).

The fact of the matter is the update was as Richard stated slated to go out early this morning, however it didn't turn out to be possible for other reasons which I'm not going to go into.

The whole point is what is to be expected? Palm HP gets backlash when we don't communicate things, but we get the same backlash when we do communicate. This has given me serious thought into never going into Public Relations...
    LinT, oceanrealm and stbxxl like this.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Another idea would be to not make a commitment that you cant follow through on. There is a difference between communication and misinformation. A commitment was made, not followed through, and that is somehow the users fault? Interesting use of logic.