Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    I wonder if they were doing an update for the pre2 and veer as well
    wolfgart likes this.
    Any idea what we might expect from 3.02?

1. Calculator
    2. Clock
    3. Better Web Site behavior? It would be nice to click into a cell and be able to type without the vitural keyboard disappearing.
    4. Waiting for apps to opens seems slow. It would be nice if apps opened quicker.
    5. Web pages seem to lag and slow down during the loading process. I would like this to be quick and seemless.
    6. Overall system lag seems bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    yes they are working on it as richard kerris says....it will be here soon. Webos 3.0 is a new Os and new code (enyo) even though it looks same as our phones....with new code = new bugs to squash.
    "new" OS? It's only a new OS in the way that Mac OS X 10.3 was a new OR or in the way that iOS 3 was a new OS... which means, it's not a new OS at all and rather just an updated one.
    Hopefully a working IMAP root directory field in the mail client. It's there, just transforms to a null object under the email preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    well I hope they keep the updates as a quarterly thing after this first update. Pushing out updates all the time is just as bad as no updates in my book. The updates come out half baked and endup creating new issues. I just hope this updates really does address many of the issues specially stability and smoothness...
    I think quarterly is a bit long when it's accompanying a device trying to gain traction. It would be nice to see *something* every 60 days, if not sooner. Every update doesn't need to be huge but steady progress (as the first OTA update will NOT fix everything) is better than letting things linger. Receiving only 2 updates within a 6 month time-frame for an OS that still clearly needs work is rather questionable to me.

As to an update being "half-baked" that has less to do with release schedules and more to do with what is put into them. It's not an all or nothing scenario. Fixes/features that are ready can be shipped in an update and half-baked code can be held back.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    If it has Quick Office Editing and HTTP Proxy navigation, I'm going to feel sill for returning it. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I wonder if they were doing an update for the pre2 and veer as well
    Let's keep this thread about the TouchPad update. Thanks.
    actually, 3.0 was a complete rewrite to handle scaling to different screen sizes and to leverage tablet sized screens.

it would be more like moving from OS9 to OSX.

Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    "new" OS? It's only a new OS in the way that Mac OS X 10.3 was a new OR or in the way that iOS 3 was a new OS... which means, it's not a new OS at all and rather just an updated one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    actually, 3.0 was a complete rewrite to handle scaling to different screen sizes and to leverage tablet sized screens.

it would be more like moving from OS9 to OSX.
    The underpinnings are not that different. Everything you mention are UI elements.
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Just got my TouchPad yesterday. Will the update work as on the phones; i.e., will there be a notification at the top (vs the bottom on the phone) saying the update is available? Of, if we are impatient, can we go to the System Updates Patch to see if there are updates or does 3.0 do it differently?

Looking forward to the imminent roll out of webOS 3.0.2.
    Notifications work just like they do on phones. But yes, if you don't want to wait for a notification, you can go to the "System Updates" app and check manually.
    I'm hoping for Sound bug to be fixed, smoother operation, and more browser optimization. I could care less about a calculator as those are free anyways, but clock app with alarms would be handy. I don't care about document editing. Oh yeah, and the media indexer or whatever fixed so movies and music shows up properly when transfered from computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Why is it not recommended to accept updates within the first 24 hours?
    That quote was from Rod in another thread, specific to updating with patches, etc still installed. Since this is the first OTA for 3.x/Enyo no one can be 100% sure how it will go until it is ran on some TP's.

As always, anything should be fixable via Dr., but you know how some folks are when it comes to patching, and following instructions/common sense.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    give me SPEED and better battery life
    Something magical
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The thought has occurred to me that HP might just kill webOS as a tablet/phone platform...
    Veer's are $1 at Best Buy now, TP prices have tanked, no OTA update...

Sometimes to stop the bleeding you amputate.

Let's hope this isn't so...
    Veer has been FREE at BB since launch. $50 from HP, $100 from ATT, and $.01 since shortly after launch from Amazon.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I wonder if HP will release the patch to all markets in one pass - or do the US first and then follow up with the other countries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicblue View Post
    I wonder if HP will release the patch to all markets in one pass - or do the US first and then follow up with the other countries?
    It has always been a staggered release in the past (even inside US) but that could be because of the carriers as there was no wifi only device before.

I think a staggered launch is more logical as it makes for a better work load distribution (in time) for the servers.
    I dunno why anybody is even talking about this, until GuyFromNam gets it, no reason for the rest of us to think we will
    bevcraw likes this.
    So when you gonna start that thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I dunno why anybody is even talking about this, until GuyFromNam gets it, no reason for the rest of us to think we will
    But I thought this rule only applied when he is actually in Nam.