Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    OMG, the OTA update is a day late. This is so ridiculous and unbelievable. I can't believe HP is still in business playing these shenanigans. This was promised to be delivered by last month/yesterday. I'm selling my Touchpad right now. I'm not taking this abuse any more. For real, HP probably didn't even fix every single bug reported on the forum with the update. And where's my slingbox app and Netflix streaming? If Netflix and Slingbox aren't in this OTA
    I'm done with HP! You hear me DONE!

edit: ɔıʇsɐɔɹɐs buıǝq ɯ,ı sǝʎ
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 08/01/2011 at 09:27 AM.
    I have never had an unwarranted reboot. Ever.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    If this is a gag we will hunt you down...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    My device has rebooted 3-4 times total (I have had it since the 8th of July). I have read that 3.0.2 has already started being delivered (This was a retweet from Richard Kerris). I haven't seen it myself yet.
    I need a patch to auto-refresh the 'system updates' every millisecond
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I have never had an unwarranted reboot. Ever.
    Interesting choice of words. So you've had 'warranted' reboots. Can you explain why the reboot was warranted?
    Now the big question is should I roll back my overclock I just did?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Now the big question is should I roll back my overclock I just did?
    I would. Just to see how the performance is after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    Interesting choice of words. So you've had 'warranted' reboots. Can you explain why the reboot was warranted?
    My TouchPad has never, ever rebooted without me telling to, only ever via either holding down the power button and tapping "Restart" or by Preware.
    I have a feeling the update is mostly done but they did not want to release on a weekend for lack of support in case something goes wrong.
    Someone needs to take a before and after video.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    tharrison4815 likes this.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Just got this Twitter answer from Richard Kerris!

@richardkerrisrichardkerris
    @NLoCurto it's happening today.

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    Good question about the overclock... Mine isn't overclocked, but it is patched. I wonder if I need to remove those patches before updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    My TouchPad has never, ever rebooted without me telling to, only ever via either holding down the power button and tapping "Restart" or by Preware.
    Wow, you're definitely in the minority. Mine rarely does it but it's done it nonetheless.
    I believe I'm correct in saying that the patches are all AUPT-compatible and the overclock is also update-safe. It's themes you have to worry about; just removed mine.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    What does "this morning" mean. What timezone are they in?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    varavant likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    What does "this morning" mean. What timezone are they in?
    Pacific. 3 hours behind the East Coast.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I have a feeling the update is mostly done but they did not want to release on a weekend for lack of support in case something goes wrong.
    No, they were still testing over the weekend. But it looks as if it's a go!
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I just removed all my patches to be safe.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Guys before you OTA, I'm assuming it's the same as phones. If you've never owned a WebOS phone before do this:

1) Don't feel you need to remove stuff before the update notification arrives.
    2) Don't accept the update in the first 24 hours of it being available.
    3) Watch the @webosinternals twitter feed during that time for further instructions.

In general, there will usually be a set of problematic patches which need to be uninstalled, but the membership of that set depends on exactly what is in the update.

Worst case, make sure your Preware saved packages list is up to date, then EPR, OTA, and reinstall from saved packages list.

-- Rod
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.