Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    We're never to hear the end of this, are we? Even once the update comes the forums will still be full of people moaning that it didn't bring what they wanted, and they'll be counting the seconds to the next one!

Good things come to those who wait. Or not. Or whatever, but posting comments regarding your impatience on here isn't going to make it come any faster!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    The thought has occurred to me that HP might just kill webOS as a tablet/phone platform...
    Veer's are $1 at Best Buy now, TP prices have tanked, no OTA update...

Sometimes to stop the bleeding you amputate.

Let's hope this isn't so...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    and I'm a little disappointed that I dont have a 3.02 update (or any update for that matter) on my touchpad yet. Can't even blame this on a carrier.

Its quite bad, I've been checking with an ever increasing frequency and I keep being disappointed. Earlier today when the app catalog and the update app were both saying try again later I got excited. Now I'm just mildly disappointed.

If HP comes out and says something like they did with 10 days and end of the month I would really REALLY like them to stick to it. Am I surprised they didnt, no. Am I going to return my touchpad because it didnt come, no. But I like updates, loved on the original pre that they came every few months and kept adding features and improving the device and I want that back with my touchpad.
    Yes, please do stop. You'll get it when you get it and if you don't then forget about webos and move on with your life.
    cawhalen likes this.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I hear you man, i would return it and wait to see what happens. The update will probably be here when they release the 4G model later this month
    it will be here in coming weeks
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    HP rushed TP IMO, but now when it is out, I think no one is more eager to fix damage than HP.
    They could probably introduce beta update releases to calm down comunity, and in the same time have exscuse if they don't fix all issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The thought has occurred to me that HP might just kill webOS as a tablet/phone platform...

now this is the most absurd thing ive ever read
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    There are several things that I just do not understand about the whole OTA update and how it has been handled by HP. First of all, if comments from various senior HP guys are taken into account, then it is safe to conclude that the current webOS 3.0.0 on the TouchPad was made final towards the end of March or should we say April 1st. After all they have been working on the update for "over three to four months". Thus, why couldn't HP have a WebOS 3.0.1 ready for July 1st, to coincide with the so called "soft" launch? Would it not have made far more sense to atleast release the fixes worked out in the three months (April, May, June)? Why is it a 'all or nothing' proposition? Or is it that they were not able to fix any major bugs in three months? But if that is the case and if they have not been able to get the major bugs fixed even now, ie. after another whole month has gone by, then what makes them think they can get the bugs fixed anytime soon, if at all? Finally, the very small increment in version number, ie. 0.0.2, does not really suggest any major changes, fixes or improvements, then why hold on to the update any longer and atleast release what is fixed and work out the rest with another 0.0.1 incremental update in four more months. After all, it's not like they are capable of doing much more or any faster than the pace set by them over the last one year since they bought Palm.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/01/2011 at 09:25 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post

Yeah, $2 bn acquisition and dump it in a month. <<mod delete>>

This is getting worse than maemo forums after n900 and that set the benchmark.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/01/2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: personal
    Governor at PPUK - www.pirateparty.org.uk
    Former N900 user, Linux fan.
    Current setup: PC (i7 950, 12GB, 2xGTX460, Windows/Gentoo/OSX Lion), Google Nexus S, Macbook Pro 13"
    Jake_M and IGNTNUNLMTD like this.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well I hope they keep the updates as a quarterly thing after this first update. Pushing out updates all the time is just as bad as no updates in my book. The updates come out half baked and endup creating new issues. I just hope this updates really does address many of the issues specially stability and smoothness...
    Twitter -"It's in the pipeline… starting to roll out this morning." Richard Kerris

It's on it's way very very soon guys and gals.
    Last edited by hagster; 08/01/2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: add source name
    Joshua Topolsky from this is my next just retweeted Richard Kerris saying "On the TouchPad update. Nice! RT @richardkerris: It's in the pipeline... starting to roll out this morning." Sounds like good news.
    Quote Originally Posted by waiting4_OTA View Post
    I hear you man, i would return it and wait to see what happens. The update will probably be here when they release the 4G model later this month
    this is what i keep saying...that the 3.0.2 is tied to the 4g release and, hence, require carrier approval which is probably what's taking sooo long!
    As I read it on the homepage, 3.0.2 will include calculator and clock apps. Did the TP seriously launch without these functions?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    Yes, please do stop. You'll get it when you get it and if you don't then forget about webos and move on with your life.
    Maybe he wanted to use touch to share and is holding back purchasing the Pre 3 or Veer because the OTA update that promised it is not here yet?
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Joshua Topolsky from This Is My Next just retweeted Richard Kerris saying "On the TouchPad update. Nice! RT @richardkerris: It's in the pipeline... starting to roll out this morning." Sounds like good news.
    Woot!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishduck View Post
    Yeah, $2 bn acquisition and dump it in a month. You're an *****.

This is getting worse than maemo forums after n900 and that set the benchmark.
    not to mention all the advertising costs.....a full page in the NYT runs like what these days $200k?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    @PDAguy (HP Employee and active over at WebOSroundup) tweeted this last night:
    "'night twitter! Tomorrow is another (and exciting for TouchPad users) day"

Start hitting refresh guys...
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    Sweet.

It's like they waited a day just so they could break their earlier word.