Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes
    Most Hp Reps if not all dont know @#$% about OTA Updates or anything like that. its actually like that for almost all OS's (Ive been through it with Android). It happens when it happens and people are just gonna have to wait. Even if they do start sending it Tommorrow (which I hope they do but I dont think they are) then they will probably send updates in waves and alot of people wont get it on the first day.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    gone. just decided about an hour ago to get ride of the device. I knew of the risks as an early adapter, but between this device and the god awful usability of my Pre2, I am done at this stage. Will probably be back, but ....
    I sent mine back, yesterday. I really didn't want to, but I needed to. I picked up an iPad, which is a better device than I ever wanted to admit. It does what I need it to do acceptably and has some nice bells and whistles. The TouchPad rocked mightily, in theory, but without Quick Office editing, I just couldn't justify keeping it, as much as I wanted to. Better than half of what I wanted a tablet for was MS Office work.

The iPad keyboard is driving me nuts, but and the multitasking is lacking (duh), so webOS tablets aren't permanently off my radar. Just for the moment. As I've said before, I'm not in a position to be bleed edge/early adopter on this one. I need to go with something feature mature. Once I actually put it in those words, the decision was simple, if difficult.
    Dazo and satterwc like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    The iPad keyboard is driving me nuts, but and the multitasking is lacking (duh), so webOS tablets aren't permanently off my radar. Just for the moment. As I've said before, I'm not in a position to be bleed edge/early adopter on this one. I need to go with something feature mature. Once I actually put it in those words, the decision was simple, if difficult.
    I think I'm going to end up in the same boat as you, sadly. If you aren't against jailbreaking the iPad, you might want to look at Multiflow - it will give you a little of that WebOS "cards" look and feel back.
    Would be nice to have OTA update in tne morning, when I wake up. I then would love HP for a moment !
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    wood_sprite likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    I think I'm going to end up in the same boat as you, sadly. If you aren't against jailbreaking the iPad, you might want to look at Multiflow - it will give you a little of that WebOS "cards" look and feel back.
    I had bought multiflow when I had an Iphone, and though it doesn't give a full webos stacks experience (manipulations are not as quick) it is still a wonderful alternative. Go for it, baby
    Quote Originally Posted by HorsexD View Post
    Most Hp Reps if not all dont know @#$% about OTA Updates or anything like that. its actually like that for almost all OS's (Ive been through it with Android). It happens when it happens and people are just gonna have to wait. Even if they do start sending it Tommorrow (which I hope they do but I dont think they are) then they will probably send updates in waves and alot of people wont get it on the first day.
    If I understand correctly, they are not just any HP reps, like printer division or storage systems guys. Those reps are TouchPad specific sales representatives or TouchPad support team? When users with problem ask for solution, support team should know is it resolved in next update. HP did create butler service just because they don't want to be like others?
    Perhaps Palm follows one of the alternate calendars?

36-day Month Calendar - Calendar Wiki

Who knows when the end of the month is for them.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockett0 View Post
    Perhaps Palm follows one of the alternate calendars?

36-day Month Calendar - Calendar Wiki

Who knows when the end of the month is for them.
    Perhaps they believe that the world will end in 2012 and see no point in updates...
    Ya... Its not coming tomorrow, unfortunately.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Ya... Its not coming tomorrow, unfortunately.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    how do you know? Cause it's sunday?
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    how do you know? Cause it's sunday?
    'Cause it's planet Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    Perhaps they believe that the world will end in 2012 and see no point in updates...
    Even if it ends in 2012, I can see the point...
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    'Cause it's planet Earth.
    Oh, that...
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    If I understand correctly, they are not just any HP reps, like printer division or storage systems guys. Those reps are TouchPad specific sales representatives or TouchPad support team? When users with problem ask for solution, support team should know is it resolved in next update. HP did create butler service just because they don't want to be like others?
    I think HP should keep the Butler Service personnel informed about update schedules. They are HP's first line of support. I'm sure most of the problems they recieve calls for have fixes in the update. They should be given the tools to properly advise the customers on this.
  15.    #195  
    <<merged>>
    Guys,

It came already. HP made it available, no one downloaded it, so they
    took it back. You'll have to wait for...
    the next lunar eclipse
    or
    for Congress to actually pass something decent

before HP will put it out again.

All kidding aside, it was not that hard (just tedious) to follow webos internals instructions (webos internals wiki) to create a partition to install libre office and now I have a doc editing like I would on a desktop only it runs in a card which I can move around (and I understand most tablet doc editing solutions do not have full features).
    Ironmonkey#IM likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    They should be apologizing come August 1st if this is not available.
    +1. Totally agree. If it comes tomorrow, July 31st, all is well and they did what they said. If it doesn't come tomorrow, then it looks like HP is the same 'ol song-and-dance that we saw from Palm for two years.
    and we all ended up with limited edition of TP. just like JooJoo.
    I don't want it until it is ready. It's time to stop being so negative.
    kjb86 likes this.
    Don't they usually come out on Sunday, anyway?

My Touchpad is fine. And awesome. I'll take it whenever they release it.
    kjb86 likes this.