Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i took my TP on a trip back home. My whole philosophy is to show it in action and then let my family decide if its better than other tablets. Never do I say "oh you have to buy this" I show it and tell them to compare against other models. But on this trip I must admit I had to talk my way out of two crashes. One when my brother was going to a website and another when I was showing my sister how to connect to a hotspot.

love webOS but it was bad timing this happened at an important time. I do hope that the OTA update e fixes the smaller bugs.

agp
    I told my brother and sister-in-law that it was released on July 1st and they understood that it will get an update soon. My sister-in-law bought one 3 days ago (it helped that I could use my $50 coupon to bring down the price).

Coming back to your initial point, I think it is a webOS curse, every time I have tried to show stuff on my phone to iphone users it has not worked correctly. With the touchpad "just type" failed several times but I was able to show my sister-in-law how it is supposed to work (Luna restart) and that it will work correctly once an update is out and that it has already been announced. I also gave anecdotal evidence of support citing my Pre- which had 10 updates in 9 months.
    Reminds me of when I used to show off my stock Pre minus (before I found out about overclocking). I would hype up the Pre to all my friends then once I showed it off, lag & TMC errors would show. Now I hear stories like this.

This is why webOS (despite being a great OS) is still an underdog. When people experience it for the first time, they get crappy experiences like this. You don't get a second chance to make a 1st impression. I hope HP pushes out the updates to fix these issues soon, seems like they are already missing their "end of month" deadline for the 1st OTA update.
    You know that in the excitement of 'not' showing it off, it is easy to press a wrong place, or have someone on the side with a finger touching or even your own. This could all cause unknowns. I am very pleased and have had none of this. Try duplicating what you were trying to do without an audience and see if it is better. That may be telling. And if it isn't, then reporting it here would be a fair thing.
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Quote Originally Posted by sindizzy View Post
    i took my TP on a trip back home. My whole philosophy is to show it in action and then let my family decide if its better than other tablets. Never do I say "oh you have to buy this" I show it and tell them to compare against other models. But on this trip I must admit I had to talk my way out of two crashes. One when my brother was going to a website and another when I was showing my sister how to connect to a hotspot.

love webOS but it was bad timing this happened at an important time. I do hope that the OTA update e fixes the smaller bugs.

agp
    That's unfortunate timing for sure. I have always amazed people with my Pre- just by my using it. I ended up "selling" 21 of them to others and 15 are still being used. My Pre is infamous at my company due to the superior multitasking which allows me to beat my iOS, AOS, BBOS toting colleagues.

I've converted two people over to the TPad already and a third is going to buy 3 since he runs a web design co. and can't even show his work with the iPads they have. He was a random guy that asked about it at the mall and I let him use it for about 10 mins. He was quite impressed he could pull up his work and have multiple cards open in a stack. I gave him my card so maybe I make a few bucks helping him integrate it into his business.

I have had random reboots with the TPad but I traced those down to some wayward mojo apps (same reason for perf issues on Pre) and it's been fine for a while now. The indexing bug is there but doesn't affect demoing the TPad.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    no there was no stray fingers anywhere. The website thing I have experienced and did duplicate although now I have forgotten how. The wifi hotspot she definitely had one and only one finger on the tablet and was showing her how to select the source. Then bam a luna reboot.

dont get me wrong...I impressed them with multi-tasking and the fluidity of the device, synergy, and overall feeling of the device. Angry birds was a big hit too. the touchstone was also a big hit. So far so good...except for those crashes at a bad time.

agp
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    That's unfortunate timing for sure. I have always amazed people with my Pre- just by my using it. I ended up "selling" 21 of them to others and 15 are still being used. My Pre is infamous at my company due to the superior multitasking which allows me to beat my iOS, AOS, BBOS toting colleagues.

I've converted two people over to the TPad already and a third is going to buy 3 since he runs a web design co. and can't even show his work with the iPads they have. He was a random guy that asked about it at the mall and I let him use it for about 10 mins. He was quite impressed he could pull up his work and have multiple cards open in a stack.
    I want to say Thanks, but w/that Miami Heat logo, I just can't do it!
    I tried to show off a youtube video in the glimpse app but it was very rough and nearly ruined the humor of the video. So I yelled at the Touchpad that it wasn't my friend anymore in front of everybody. But, youtube sucks on everything. Its player is always buggy....waiting for the update....