Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by luigidk View Post
    ...Will HP ever catch up? or more importantly - surpass them?
    It's way, way, WAY too early in the game to even tell. The purchase of Palm happened last summer... and the TouchPad was just released on the 1st of July. HP's got some work to do, but they also have the cash and talent to make webOS take off. Unfortunately, we live in a world of 'instant gratification' and if things don't happen immediately, people get all antsy and start saying the sky is falling. Yes, I'd love to see the platform stabilize and get cooler gadgets/features faster... but I'll also enjoy watching the OS evolve at whatever pace HP can successfully move it forward. I certainly don't think it will be perfect... well... ever (nothing is). But I do think it has more than a fighting chance to be one of the standard players.
    I definitely feel the OP's pain as I am an equally committed webOS fan. However, I made the opposite choice (so far, at any rate.) I fell into an unexpected $500 by selling a item I won in a raffle, so that made the choice much easier for me, but there are plenty of things I could've spent that on.

I do feel that HP has a long way to go just to break even with the competition on this matter, and that competition won't be standing still. However, I think if we want there to be competition in the future, we have to support it now, and not just with our voices.

Apple Computer, Inc. used to be the laughing stock of the PC industry. Tech pundits would play Taps whenever talking about the company. They wouldn't be here to be crushing the market if it weren't for loyal customers that bought their products despite their failings.

I'm not saying we have to blindly buy into dead technology, nor am I saying that I'm certain that HP webOS is going to pull through, but if we honestly believe it deserves a chance to become great, we have to say so with our dollars.

And if after 29 days we're no longer believers, by all means return it!
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I just read a column at WebOS Roundup - where Ryan St. Andrie is leaving the webOS platfrom. It is a worthwhile read. Unfortunately this is most likely the same direction I'll be heading.

As great as webOS is - I'm in no position to help a multi-billion $$ company out by purchasing an inferior product.
    Quote Originally Posted by luigidk View Post
    I just read a column at WebOS Roundup - where Ryan St. Andrie is leaving the webOS platfrom. It is a worthwhile read. Unfortunately this is most likely the same direction I'll be heading.

As great as webOS is - I'm in no position to help a multi-billion $$ company out by purchasing an inferior product.
    There really is no reason to purchase a product if it doesn't fit your needs. There are many examples of people that go in, buy an iPad or tablet, then later realize what they actually wanted was a netbook. If you have no use for what current tablets offer then there's no reason for you to purchase one. If you have a very slight use then you may be better off considering a PC tablet that can serve dual purpose but cost pretty much the same as a comparably specced laptop/netbook.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12