Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By donm527
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Best Buy is running a TV spot that prominently displays the TouchPad.

In one scene, it shows the TouchPad (or what looks to be a TP) hooked up to a projector for a classroom presentation. Did I miss something? Is this now possible? Or is it a different tablet in that scene?

it's not possible.

they also showed a geek squad employee available to carry like a backpack to take with you to school and dorm for your personal use. i dont think that is really available either.

Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post

In one scene, it shows the TouchPad (or what looks to be a TP) hooked up to a projector for a classroom presentation. Did I miss something? Is this now possible? Or is it a different tablet in that scene?

they switch from a touchpad to something else between those scenes. Definitely caused me to watch more closely the next time I saw the ad.

Best Buy sells a lot more tablets than the touchpad, many of which have that capability.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    yeah, I realize that, but it just caused me to replay the ad a few times -- With the ad starting and ending with a TP - and the device in hand looks like a TP. Just thought I would ask.
    yeah, I realize that, but it just caused me to replay the ad a few times -- With the ad starting and ending with a TP - and the device in hand looks like a TP. Just thought I would ask.
    That's really unfortunate, HP should have been consulted in such ads, if they haven't been already.
    I saw a full commercial with that device connected to the projector. Samsung or Motorola tablet I think
    I dont think its the TouchPad.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    i actually thought its a touchpad and they just hide the cable underneath making it looked its connected. ah, the magic of television.

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I dont think its the TouchPad.
    yeah doesn't look like a TP
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i actually thought its a touchpad and they just hide the cable underneath making it looked its connected. ah, the magic of television.
    Isn't that false advertising?
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Isn't that false advertising?
    If a woman can wear makeup and get cosmetic enhancements, then surely BestBuy can slip in a feature that doesnt exist...yet.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)