Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you've been holding back...obviously 120 bucks off with a sleeve is the best deal so far.

I was there today and they were flying off the shelves.
    so did you buy one?
  3.    #3  
    I'm a broke college student, can't afford it but wish I could!
    That's a local deal. The Costcos here are still selling at 579.
    I am glad that the Touchpad price has been reduced but I kinda feel duped for paying full price from Best Buy. I later received a $20 credit when they reduced their price by $20 but they have now reduced the price by $50 and the 14 day exchange price match period has expired
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've been holding off too, waiting to see if the OTA actually fixed the bugs, but 479 for 32gb plus sleeve is pretty hard to resist. Are all Costco's selling @ that price?
    Wow, great price... Makes me feel pretty stupid!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaleE View Post
    I am glad that the Touchpad price has been reduced but I kinda feel duped for paying full price from Best Buy. I later received a $20 credit when they reduced their price by $20 but they have now reduced the price by $50 and the 14 day exchange price match period has expired
    I bought it at staples about 17 days ago. I had them PM to BB's price of 579.99. Used the $50 coupon off any tablet. Yesterday I went back and got my PM to 549.99 (staples price after 50 instant savings). So I got it for 499.99...plus 50 mail in rebate from HP...450 is the final price..i was also very angry for paying the higher price...but staples is fairly easy to work with compared to other stores...and they got me the new price..even though it was beyond 14 days...not all staples..but u try a few and u will get it to work...Staples..they are really easy.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  9. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    That's a local deal. The Costcos here are still selling at 579.
    I picked one up today for the 479.99 price after rebate in DC. The $100 rebate is taken off at the register but the trick is that you are charged taxes on the (before) rebate price. The purchase came to a total of $514.79 which isn't bad at all.

the bonus for me was that since I spend alot of money at costco and have an exec acct, I used my exec rebate and got another 123 off. Don't really count that as a discount since it's basically still my money returned from other purchases but it's still money I didn't have to take out of my pocket.
    I checked costco in nyc and it was 579 and no rebate
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    i was at the costco in queens,ny and they had it for 479.99 touchpad+case
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherman View Post
    Wow, great price... Makes me feel pretty stupid!
    I know the feeling. I'm waiting until the end of the month when the Touchpad 2 comes out. HP is cut throat on their deals. I'm kicking myself for spending the extra $70-100 dollars on day one.
    This was ay my local costco today. I live in miami Fl

I will ask best buy for a price match tom!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Bought mine at Costco a few weeks ago. Stopped by there again today and they refunded me the $100 rebate . And I still have a couple more months in my return period...not sure if I should cut the UPC out for the HP rebate out or just wait another price drop. Cutting out the UPC might void my right to return or future price adjustment.
    Bought mine at BB by price compare with Cosco .
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I purchased on Sat. It had an instant 100 mfg discount on it for 479. The sleeve is ok, nothing to wow about but it helps. Since pm yesterday and through out today, Ive experienced pretty much what most people are reporting in the bug thread. Random boots, stutter, lags, weird font displacements, etc. I even have all the preware patches to help speed it up, and in someway it does. But I have 40 or so days to continue to use and see if the OTA gets release and see if it is worth keeping. Dont really need this as my laptop does pretty much what I need and is hecka faster, but it is a nice device for convenience and apps like epicurious and webosnews are sweet!
    Some places just haven't updated their signs.. it is 479.99 nationwide after instant rebate. so taxed for 579.99. The rebate is not very long I think it is only good for about a week if that. anyway it expires on the 4th. By the way you have a 90 day return policy, so you have 3 months to see if its going to be worth it to you to hang on to it if you buy from Costco.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I am just going to get it through HP.

32 GB is about 475 before taxes, after it's going to be the same price anyways.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I sure hope HP realizes that they have made a lot of us feel like FOOLS for having bought their product in the first few weeks. It took 4 months for my Xoom to become 100 bucks cheaper - 4 weeks for my TouchPad to reach that. I would have never bought it the first week it was out if I thought they would throw in an instant 100 bucks so soon. or sent in my rebate form.

as much as I love webOS and my TouchPad, I feel like a fool and at this point I will just stick with my Pre 2 for as long as it holds out rather than give HP any more of my money when the Pre 3 is finally released

Clarice
    Last edited by shrxwin; 08/01/2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: fix typo 3 weeks to 4 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    I sure hope HP realizes that they have made a lot of us feel like FOOLS for having bought their product in the first few weeks. It took 4 months for my Xoom to become 100 bucks cheaper - 4 weeks for my TouchPad to reach that. I would have never bought it the first week it was out if I thought they would throw in an instant 100 bucks so soon. or sent in my rebate form.

as much as I love webOS and my TouchPad, I feel like a fool and at this point I will just stick with my Pre 2 for as long as it holds out rather than give HP any more of my money when the Pre 3 is finally released

Clarice
    Anyone that was involved in the various discussions on pricing back when HP announced their pricing, up until they launched, and even after they launched (some people just wouldn't let it go) knew this would be what HP would do. That's as long as they were actually reading the discussion instead of just ranting. Plenty of us who purchase items from HP were saying over and over again that those were prices meant to target product comparison and they were going to be running substantial sales on them right away.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast