Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    I sure hope HP realizes that they have made a lot of us feel like FOOLS for having bought their product in the first few weeks. It took 4 months for my Xoom to become 100 bucks cheaper - 4 weeks for my TouchPad to reach that. I would have never bought it the first week it was out if I thought they would throw in an instant 100 bucks so soon. or sent in my rebate form.

as much as I love webOS and my TouchPad, I feel like a fool and at this point I will just stick with my Pre 2 for as long as it holds out rather than give HP any more of my money when the Pre 3 is finally released

Clarice
    People need to understand HP has NOT changed MSRP for these products. Just as they have not changed MSRP on the Veer. This is the HP (and most other computer companies business model) vs apples business model (apple stands by the same idea as console makers do). MSRP with apple and console makers is fixed at the price they set, retailers are not to deviate. HP does not put that into their sales agreements this is why the Veer came out at 4 price points at launch with a 2 year contract.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I know I am fortunate enough that the extra $100 off isn't the difference between having gas money and eating this month, but it is enough to bum me out. As the various prices fluctuated throughout the month I was "OK" with the price I paid - retail competition is a good thing for our fav OS.

I didn't get seriously bummed about it until this afternoon when I saw the picture of the Costco sign "Mfr's Instant Rebate". To me, that ties it directly to HPs contracted pricing with their retailer - MSRP or not - HP is involved in the reduced price, basically saying anyone who waited 4 weeks deserves a better price break than those of us loyal enough to buy it and use our $50 Touch Inspiration rebate instead of waiting and getting $150 off.

Clarice
    im pumped.. i knew returning my launch day TP to best buy and then buying from costco would work out in my advantage!!
    Wish I knew about this before closing yesterday! Either way, I picked one up at my local Costco B&M today for $479 (yes, tax is charged at the $579 price).

It's $579 minus instant $100 coupon. Discount is good until this Thursday, 8/4/2011.

Here's a photo of the price card:

Best thing about Costco...I have 90 days to return it if I don't like it - hopefully the 7" TouchPad (what I really want) will be out by then.

- nn6o

BTW, this particular Costco in So. Cal. had 29 "take to register" boxes available.
    i was at best buy today for a price match of the costco price ad they refused.

they said something about costco needing a membership for purchase and BB does not. And that they don't price match wholesalers. Just retailers!

what a bunch of baloney! Still ended up buying it from them tho. For $550...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i was at best buy today for a price match of the costco price ad they refused.

they said something about costco needing a membership for purchase and BB does not. And that they don't price match wholesalers. Just retailers!

what a bunch of baloney! Still ended up buying it from them tho. For $550...
    I take it you don't have a Costco membership then? If you do a couple of discounts and coupons you can get it direct from HP for the same price as Costco with next day shipping. Still better than Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I take it you don't have a Costco membership then? If you do a couple of discounts and coupons you can get it direct from HP for the same price as Costco with next day shipping. Still better than Best Buy.
    i do have a costco membership. But the TP was a gift and didn't want to burden the gifter with the exchange hoolabaloo.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I purchased the 32GB Touch Pad (which included the neoprene? sleeve) today at the local Costco here in Southern New Jersey. $479.99 plus tax based on $579.99. I went to the local BB last night and the best they would do was their posted price of $599.99 less instand $50.00 rebate plus tax.
    I was satisfied with this price.
    Does anyone know where the best price can be had for the charging stand for the Touch Pad?
    Hi, also on the brink of buying also happy to see that HP delivers performance updates as promised.

I saw a techdeal link refering to code SAVE30HP to get $30 OFF at hpshopping.com
    I tried and it worked for both 32gb and 16gb models!!!

That makes the 32gb version come down to $519... still not beating costco 479 (still have to see that deal at local costco).
    I was also wondering about that included sleeve? That does not appear to be the HP Touchpad case which is also a stand? Or is it?
    Touchpad is not even coming up on the Costco website. Haven't been into my local Costco so not sure if it is just a website issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    I'm a broke college student, can't afford it but wish I could!
    but wait... so why is it that you've been parading around here like you do own one?

Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    I just can't take it anymore...
    My Touchpad multitasks like a beast...Syncs all of my information together in one place...The e-mail application is awesome....I have full flash capabilities on the web....and NOW they come out with Hp Play so that I can sync all my music to this device as well!? That's the final straw....
    The TouchPad is too good for me and I've had enough!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That whole thread was a joke....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOOPTHEM View Post
    Does anyone know where the best price can be had for the charging stand for the Touch Pad?
    Either from Amazon or direct from HP with an EPP account and coupon code.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Touchpad is not even coming up on the Costco website. Haven't been into my local Costco so not sure if it is just a website issue.
    just a website thing. my local costco still has a bunch. remember that the website orders are filled by different warehouse and they might not have any to ship out. maybe all units are shipped to the local stores already??
    Quote Originally Posted by potentialbuyer View Post
    Hi, also on the brink of buying also happy to see that HP delivers performance updates as promised.

I saw a techdeal link refering to code SAVE30HP to get $30 OFF at hpshopping.com

That makes the 32gb version come down to $519... still not beating costco 479 (still have to see that deal at local costco).
    I was also wondering about that included sleeve? That does not appear to be the HP Touchpad case which is also a stand? Or is it?
    I've seen it at Costco. No, the sleeve is just that -- a sleeve that you can slide your TouchPad into for protection. It is not the official HP TouchPad case that is also a stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    but wait... so why is it that you've been parading around here like you do own one?
    Maybe he bought one then returned it after 14 days? I did that and then bought one again on Sunday from Costco

Quote Originally Posted by potentialbuyer View Post

Costco price is the best I found for 32 gig TouchPad for the public. Im sure developers of a higher tear get a bit better discount. The case is a really sleek sleeve for the TP to slide into. I really like it, pretty nice. So it comes with the case as an extra and has the USB cable, charger, and a microfiger cloth that comes standard with the TouchPad.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Yeah Costco.com must be sold out of em. But most of the stores still have them so go and buy it in store. Besides costco.com was charging $10 shipping anyway (and you still get charged tax if your state has a costco in it) when they did have it. So you save yourself $10 in store.
    MatterOfFactJack
  18. w0z
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOOPTHEM View Post
    Amazon was the best I found but then I noticed HP was giving 15% off if you already purchased a TouchPad (not necessarily from them...mine was on eBay). HP's price was $67.99 with 1-day free shipping plus local sales tax. You enter TOUCHPAD15 on checkout for a $12 coupon savings. I haven't checked Amazon lately but that's always a good benchmark. BTW I just ordered a case from Adorama for $35 shipped. Out of stock at the moment but I'm in no rush for it.
  19. w0z
    Quote Originally Posted by w0z View Post
    (not necessarily from them...mine was on eBay).
    BTW if you're not afraid of buying from individuals on eBay, some 32G NIB TPs have sold for $260! I use a premium credit card which gives me automatic 1-year warranty extension (to 2 years total). The downside is you cannot "return to dealer" but HP's 1-year warranty still is good. I know because my unit had one of the hairline speaker cracks (~1mm) and I called HP Support about it. No problems with exchanging the unit according to the support person. I don't plan to exchange mine until just before my 1-year HP warranty runs out.

If you want to check this out, search on eBay for "hp touchpad tablet new", then check "Completed listings" and sort by "Price + shipping lowest". You can also select 16 GB or 32 GB to compare within those types.
    How much a aiplane's ticket from Rio de Janeiro <=> Cotsco?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast