Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By BobKy
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Looks like vendors are trying to get rid of there touchpad inventory, best buy, Costco, walmart, etc are dropping their prices, not a good sign
    I'm not sure it makes any sense to look at tablet pricing as any different than PC pricing.

When any laptop or desktop running Windows goes on sale, nobody takes it as a sign that the equipment is substandard or even that it's selling poorly. For HP to set a manufacturer's suggested retail price and expect units to sell for that for the duration of the product lifecycle would be absurd. Most of the electronics market doesn't work that way, and by and large, consumers like a deal more than they fear a price cut.
    If it helps sales, so be it.

Just makes that whole "our loyal users, your touchpad is $50 closer, (if you buy a 32g version)" thing more ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by waiting4_OTA View Post
    Looks like vendors are trying to get rid of there touchpad inventory, best buy, Costco, walmart, etc are dropping their prices, not a good sign
    Nonsense.

These price drops are likely the result of HP's initiative to get the Touchpad into as many hands as possible.. regardless of how sales are doing at this moment. I wouldn't even be surprised if these price cuts were being subsidized by HP.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    seems fine to me. Top ten in amazon after the hard launch, and I can see it getting further up the ranks after the update.
    also best buy seems to be selling it better than amazon so it could be in the top five at best buy. Selling higher at best buy shows people are really impressed with the Os since it usually means they tried out a few of the display models before deciding.

to me all of this is showing webos has legs, but the palm team really need to fine tune the Os to really push it over the top. I cant wait!
    Love the discount and I bought mine on July 1st at Full Price.

No one but Apple can charge full price for the life of their products and everyone's prices come down sooner or later. HP is simply doing what's necessary to move more products till newer items arrive. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    Nonsense.

These price drops are likely the result of HP's initiatives to get the Touchpad into as many hands as possible.. regardless of how sales are doing at this moment. I wouldn't even be surprised if these price cuts were being subsidized by HP.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/23695...ct_buyers.html

Take a look at what analyst say.
    And you consider anything printed in PC World, essentially a tabloid for the computer masses, authoritative? There's errors & the IDC quote sounds like it was taken out of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    analysts are typically full of ****. god forbid HP wants to better compete by offering a $50 reduction all of the anti's jump on it as hard evidence that the tablet is doomed. i believe it was HP's intention ALL ALONG to quickly lower the price shortly after release. if they rolled it out at $549 for 32GB it would have been seen as inferior to the Fruitpad.
    So this is your first post huh?

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    Don't worry, the update that is "coming soon" will fix it..... (sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    And you consider anything printed in PC World, essentially a tabloid for the computer masses, authoritative? There's errors & the IDC quote sounds like it was taken out of context.
    Article sounds logical to me. Price drop is hardly based on TP record sales. Anyway, if this could boost TP sales, than that's good.

@ waiting4_OTA , vendors are allways trying to get rid of inventory. That's the whole point of sales, isn't it
    Serious question - when have analysts ever been wrong about webOS products? I've seen people dismiss them since the original Pre days ("sales are fine," "Palm has lots of cash") and they've all been pretty much right on the money.
    This seems unlikely to be a bad sign, overall. Android tablet sales are virtually invisible when looking at an individual model, and not much better overall, compared to the iPad and yet they are still be sold at those same stores.
    Is there a point to this?
    All the haters said "IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE"
    Now that it's gone on sale "THE TOUCHPAD IS FAILING"
    When it hits the top of the sales charts "PEOPLE ARE JUST BUYING THEM SO THEY CAN RETURN THEM"
    When it becomes the most used tablet "HP IS THE ANTI CHRIST EVERYONE BUY APPLE"

Go away.
    IBTL.
    <<junk thread closed>>