Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindizzy View Post
    keep in mind that the standard for airplane seat power is the 12 volt "cigarette lighter" type of connection. Its that or empower which is a similar type but smaller hole. So you cant just connect your AC power plug, you need a converter. Same thing you would do for a laptop you would do for the TP.

so anyway I'm curious about the dust thing. We'll see if it happens again.

agp
    The Delta power units that I have used are standard for American plugs.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindizzy View Post
    keep in mind that the standard for airplane seat power is the 12 volt "cigarette lighter" type of connection. Its that or empower which is a similar type but smaller hole. So you cant just connect your AC power plug, you need a converter. Same thing you would do for a laptop you would do for the TP.

so anyway I'm curious about the dust thing. We'll see if it happens again.

agp
    not so anymore. Most flights I take have either no power or AC.
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Siah1214,
    Volume isnt an issue. There is a patch out through preware to modify the audio levels and increase the output and if you dont see it there you can search this forum for the thread and install it directly.
    Volume is an issue on planes. I shouldn't have to hack a new device in order to listen to it. This is one reason I returned this 1st gen device.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Do wifi routers always broadcast a timezone?
    I charge my Touchpad while I sleep.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    yes but the TP has location services that estimate where you are at. It should use that and set Ur time zone. Of course for this TP you Also need a wi-Fi connection. Some airports have free wifi. Phoenix, las vegas, and ABQ come to mind.

agp
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ok about an hour and a half into my flight and i can feel the residue building up on the screen. This time its not as bad but could feel it around the right side. Must happen with these types of devices although never felt it on my pre-.
    Used it for something like 6 hours on flight and did not noticed any specific dust issues.

Will check again next week.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dserodon View Post
    Used it for something like 6 hours on flight and did not noticed any specific dust issues.

Will check again next week.
    How did your battery do over the 6 hour flight?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    As far as battery on flight, about a week ago I watched 2 movies and 3 episodes of Torchwood as well as a fair bit of gaming (NFS and Galcon Fusion mainly) on the way back from Beijing and still had 30% on landing...I had power on the 777 but wanted to see how the battery would hold up. No wifi running of course (no Wifi on transoceanic flights).
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    H/P didnt include oleophobic coating like IP
    I think I remember reading in HP's documentation that you are not to use cleaners on it because it could compromise the oleophobic coating.
    I had a similar issue with a sticky screen on my flight. Turned out I placed my ginger ale too close to my TP while the soda was still fuzzing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12