1.    #1  

There's the error. The app is celtx and I'm running an executable script from a folder that was extracted from a tar.bz file. I'm not a linux genius, but I have been casually using ubuntu and similar for a few years.
    Does this app try to open its own x server?
    It looks like it's referencing Gnome objects - I might try installing (not running, just installing) Gnome or Xubuntu to see if there's something that it's looking for.

Did you find a version of Celtx in synaptic or are you trying to install from a tar file? Don't forget that the TP is not an x86 processor - you need to have a port of the application designed to run with the arm kernel.
    are you on the EAP update? If not, why are you trying? I believe the WebOS Internals guys said its not for the standard software OS version.

Reference Xecutah, which is the app necessary to run this... States the above.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    The only difference is that the beta firmware has vkb support. Aside from that it works 100% the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    The only difference is that the beta firmware has vkb support. Aside from that it works 100% the same.
    Xecutah is dependant on the EAP software update per WebOS Internals which helps this run correctly. Read the "" in preware for this info.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    okay. Guess I was misinformed.