Touchpad Product Marketing Manager-561521
Vision and Execution: two words that define great product management talent; two words that define what we're recruiting for in one of the most compelling opportunities at Palm, a subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company. We're searching for a Product Management Leader who will drive webOS into a variety of form-factors including tablets.
At Palm we're readying to introduce a new generation of mobile products to the world, and this position is central to that initiative:
As a member of the HP Palm Global Business Unit, the Product Line Manager will hold product and business responsibility throughout the full product life cycle, from project launch through to successful commercial delivery, acting as the "Product Champion" internally and externally. The successful candidate will demonstrate cross-functional leadership with engineering, development, program management, manufacturing, quality, sales and marketing. You'll excel at building relationships, influencing and 'getting things done' in a highly matrixed, integrative and collaborative environment, ensuring alignment with company strategy and market trends.
• Manage the product life cycle from project launch (creation and acceptance of product brief including features, timelines, cost targets, pricing, business case, go-to-market, refresh, color) to end-of-life for products within the product line.
• Create and maintain strong working relationships with Palm GBU development and business teams. The successful candidate will work with the external and internal stakeholders to develop and manage a strong product line, including product concepts, new product introduction, in-life management and end-of-life.
• Manage the execution and delivery of products and programs. Maintain the alignment with portfolio goals and objectives.
• Ensure clear priorities and successful execution of projects milestones. Financial performance management. Consistent delivery of daily, weekly and monthly reporting and data.
• Work with Product Planning and the Carrier Product Management teams to achieve the products' defined business and go-to-market goals.
• An undergraduate engineering degree, preferably supplemented by an MBA.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• A minimum 10+ years of work experience with a minimum of 5+ years experience in product management focused on managing products and programs, having worked at the Senior Product Manager level or beyond. A solid understanding of the mobile industry, technologies, market trends and business drivers is an asset. A business background and/or experience working with industrial design, consumer electronics and mechanical design are desirable.
• Product Management
• Solid track record of success defining and launching high tech products
• Ability to develop and present a solid business case for a new product. Solid track record of success in leading a program through definition, development, commercial launch and then ongoing market support of high tech products.
• Strong attention to relevant program and product detail. A focus on execution.
• Solid customer facing experience.
• Project management skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver on commitments.
• Business acumen
• Experience in a business leadership role. An effective and experienced communicator, able to converse with both technical and non-technical internal and external stakeholders resulting in an effective representation and understanding of opportunities and resolution recommendations.
• Leadership skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across a large enterprise. Ability to work in a team and in a matrix organization to exercise influence to get things done.
• Superior communication skills.
• Highly self-directed with the ability to take initiative. Confident, resilient, humble. Ability to educate and mentor.
• High intensity, high energy, high integrity, entrepreneurial. Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude. Can mix their creativity with data-driven analysis.
Job - Marketing
Primary Location - United States-California - Sunnyvale
Schedule - Full-time
Job Type - Experienced
Shift - Day Job
Travel - Yes, 25% of the time