Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By grasshoper
  1.    #1  
    It's 3am and the app cat has changed: the hp magazine "pivot" is now online and in french.

If there is sth else, let us know
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    bevcraw and varavant like this.
    Finally! I've switched to English a while ago just for this and the bad/half translated OS. I heard those translation bugs will be fixed in the next OTA update.
  3.    #3  
    What did you find badly translated ? Until now, I only found update notifications being in english, but everything else seems fine to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    What did you find badly translated ? Until now, I only found update notifications being in english, but everything else seems fine to me...
    - "Cut/Copy/Paste/Select/Select All" being untranslated (and others I don't remember)
    - "Downloads" turned into "Téléchargemen-ts" ('-' marking an end of line!) in the apps
    - "Désactiver" instead of "Désactivé" (e.g. for Wifi): gives the false impression that if you click you going to deactivate the Wifi whereas it is precisely the contrary which is going to happen!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by varavant View Post
    - "Cut/Copy/Paste/Select/Select All" being untranslated (and others I don't remember)
    - "Downloads" turned into "Téléchargemen-ts" ('-' marking an end of line!) in the apps
    - "Désactiver" instead of "Désactivé" (e.g. for Wifi): gives the false impression that if you click you going to deactivate the Wifi whereas it is precisely the contrary which is going to happen!
    Well I didn't notice, but I do hope it will be fixed in next update^^

Thanks for the feedback.
    Of course this is not a big bug preventing the use of the touchpad but it gives a slight impression of amateurism, which is a bit annoying when you try to advertize you touchpad to your friends! :-)
    Almost as bad as an auto-correct that spells advertise.....advertize
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Our auto correction is in french, not english

For now I find the touchpad really great. I didn't have any of the bugs mentioned in all the threads of this forum, and I'm using it hours a day since 3 days...
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    My fault not TouchPad's... As Grasshoper said, our auto-correct is in french not in english... BTW I would love to have a quick way to switch the auto-correct from french to english and conversely, since I use really often both languages in my mails/chats/forums...