1.    #1  
    can this be activated via software update? Or this requires new hardware? I really miss this. This was so unique to webos. Why remove the best features? Most people hate pinch and zoom and these natural gestures were so good to have. HP please bring them back.
    should be able to do something similar to what they're doing now with the swipe-up gesture. no physical gesture area, essentially just checking to see if the swipe starts at the very bottom edge of the screen. i don't see why they can't determine if the user is swiping from the left or right edge...and then perform the back/forward operation when it happens.
  3.    #3  
    I hope they can do this via software update. This is so pathetic. This is where webOS was the best of the lot.
    I think a software update can do this, just shave a bottom portion of display and turn it into gesture area.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I keep swiping on touchpad with nor results
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I'm just wondering why HP left this off in the first place. I understand the whole "let's make it easy for the consumer" aspect, but in the end, aren't you making a product the acts and performs like everything else??? So in that aspect, why would anyone REALLY look at the TP vs other tablets??? How the Playbook got away with this, I'll never understand...
    I can see HPs logic that a typical consumer would have no idea howto navigate the device when they came across it. One of my friends often says how the swipes on the pre are like learning a new language. I kind of agree with him, what needs to be remembered is that on this forum we all have a much greater invested interest in these products. To us these gestures are fantastic, and if people tried them i'm fairly sure they'd agree, HP obviously werent up to the challenge of educating people on gestures- Apple will be doing that shortly, I'm certain of it.
    So let me ask this, Dots & Lines programmed in the two finger swipe to go to the top of the page in Carbon. Why can't this be done for back/forward with a two finger horizontal swipe? If it could be done, than the software devs could decide how they want their app to be controlled. I know it might be a bad idea for consistency of user experience, but does anyone know if it is possible?
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    So let me ask this, Dots & Lines programmed in the two finger swipe to go to the top of the page in Carbon. Why can't this be done for back/forward with a two finger horizontal swipe? If it could be done, than the software devs could decide how they want their app to be controlled. I know it might be a bad idea for consistency of user experience, but does anyone know if it is possible?
    I was just thinking about this myself. Apple is building advanced gestures into iOS and I think HP should do the same thing. A gesture area on the bezel doesnt work well with tablet unless you have one on each side of the screen. Instead, what I think HP should do is apply some advanced gestures to the TouchPad. Three fingered swipe left would move you back in a program. Three fingered swipe right is forward. A four fingered swipe left or right moves you to the open app running in the next card (this is what Apple is doing and its so much quicker than swiping up, swiping over, tapping the card). They could even throw in three fingered swipe up for card view if they wanted to.

webOS just isnt the same without using gestures to interact with it and HP lost one of its differentiating features when it decided to get rid of them. Sure, it may take some getting used to the gestures the first few times you use a TouchPad but once you do it becomes clear that gestures are the best way to move around in a touch based OS.
    I would like to see two finger Forward/Back, three finger for switching apps without going to card view, but of course like you said HP would have to integrate this in the UI. I was just thinking if the devs could insert code to do something similar in the app, it would be a work around until HP hits their heads again and comes back to sanity.

I was thinking they could leave the back button for the novice, and still insert the code for idiots like me who have webOS 1.4.5, and 3.0.0 and can't figure out why only the older device works right!
    - Jeff
    The Singapore ad hints at all sorts of gestures - none of which work.

I would also like a lock rotation gesture (circle clockwise to lock, counterclockwise to unlock maybe) and a bring up just type plus keyboard - rather than having to dismiss the active card, reach to the top of screen, tap and then type.
    Is there a link for this ad? I would love to see what it says? And I agree the gestures you thought of would be awesome.
    - Jeff
    You can swipe up from bottom to "close" an app.

I wonder if there is a gesture to go to the top of a page and way down to the bottom.

Anyone?
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner