Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Well, not really. Unless you've got a pretty bad credit rating you likely have a credit card that gives you an additional year of standard warranty coverage just for paying for the item with the card.
    Not sure what the point is? If you are counting on the extra year of warranty through a credit card, it's the same setup ... that extra year expires if the original product warranty is used. EVERYONE should carefully read the coverage provided by their particular CC if it has that feature. My knowledge of those indicates they have pretty weak coverage and are very hard to execute. Personally, I buy the ST warranties even when I have the CC extended warranties. Each person should decide how much work and how long they are willing to wait for a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmalena View Post
    SquareTrade has a 30% discount today (Tuesday) with code SUMMER (up to $30.) I use ST for all my electronics. Great price. Have never (knock wood) needed a replacement.
    Beat me to it! Sounds like you have been wasting your money! [Just kidding, settle down ...]
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Ok, I purchased from QVC and when I spoke with ST rep, he told me I had to purchase through QVC, which has 3yr ($85 add drop/spill and its $125).

Has anyone else run into this and would you consider this a good deal....thanks
    Generally, if the retailer offers the ST warranty, you have to buy from them. If they don't, then you can go through ST directly and have more options. This is to help the retailers who will normally offer the 3 year options, of course, because it is more $!

The Amazon is $89 for the 3 yr warranty and $139 for the 3 yr warranty + adh ... so sounds good.
    The SUMMER code is good to August 15 (in the coming weeks?). It's 20% after today, but for the TouchPad it doesn't make any difference. The maximum AMOUNT of discount is $30 which is roughly 21% of the $139 3 Yr Warranty/ADH plan and 33% of the $89 3 Yr Warranty plan on Amazon. So, you effectively have until August 15th.
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    Generally, if the retailer offers the ST warranty, you have to buy from them. If they don't, then you can go through ST directly and have more options. This is to help the retailers who will normally offer the 3 year options, of course, because it is more $!

The Amazon is $89 for the 3 yr warranty and $139 for the 3 yr warranty + adh ... so sounds good.
    Thanks, just purchased the 3yr + adh from QVC for $125+ taxes. Better safe than sorry.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Thanks, just purchased the 3yr + adh from QVC for $125+ taxes. Better safe than sorry.
    purchased as well, not mad at the deal, will pay for itself
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12