Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By IcerC
  • 1 Post By richardtank
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    How can I upload a video? The upload button within youtube does nothing. Is there an app I can use?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Nope there is no app. a developer could probably make one but most people wouldn't upload videos from the touchpad anyhow as it doesn't have a camera that records.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    noseph likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Nope there is no app. a developer could probably make one but most people wouldn't upload videos from the touchpad anyhow as it doesn't have a camera that records.
    Exactly. What videos would you upload if you cant record anything?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Um, videos that I sync with my PC and my phone?
    wouldn't you post them to the web while you are on your PC? Can you clarify your question?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    My question is how can I upload a video from my TouchPad to YouTube.

'Why' is not the question :-)

However, using the larger screen on my TouchPad I can decide which videos and pictures to keep, without sitting at my desktop which is not suitable for my family to sit around.

ok? :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wouldn't you post them to the web while you are on your PC? Can you clarify your question?
    its possible that the OP syncs files via dropbox and just fancies uploading a file? This really is a fairly basic feature, the browser should allow the uploading of files. I think we should probably all stop asking why someone wants to do something and try to answer the question. Sometimes we do try to defend WebOS a bit too much.

the answer, as has already been said, is a rather painful "no" i'm afraid!
    Saltcreep likes this.
    I don't think any mobile browser does that. Done from an app that has the specific hooks baked in for specific cloud services, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    So the browser doesnt let you do it? Im sure a patch could be made to put the option in the videos app.
    as far as I'm aware the browser doesnt allow any access to files on the touchpad. The most elegant solution would be, as Cantaffordit said, in app option to upload videos. Although I can see why it was left out, with there being no way to capture video on the touchpad its probably assumed that any videos viewed on the device does not belong to the user.
    There probably need to be an official, system integrated file manager first. File a bug report to hp then, it would be a good feature to have.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I don't imagine now that we actually do have video capabilities, anyone has located a method to do this? The Pre's have a Youtube account that can be configured, doesn't look like it's available on TouchPad.. but the TouchPad manual says it can be done .. but doesn't say how. just says you need a youtube account.

One way you -can- do it is emailing it to your youtube email upload address. I'd rather be able to do it from the videos app...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: