Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just saw a $50 instant rebated added to the TouchPad today on HP's site. Called and they said they're going to refund me the rebate amount for my order from last week.

I guess for those that wanted a $100 knocked off, $92 should be close enough.

EDIT: Here is the link to the Mastercard Marketplace HP page for info and sign-up for the HP EPP (exclusive, not employee) program: MasterCard MarketPlace

There is also a $30 coupon code that will stack with the EPP and instant rebate discounts usable at check out: DEALS2BUY30

Final price would then be $477.99 with all discounts applied. Guess that beats the $100 off others wanted!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 07/29/2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Pulling up discount info to help others
    Wow, so essentially the Touch Inspiration $50 rebate for us legacy webOS owners is worthless. Thanks, HP. We pay full price for a 32GB TouchPad, and then barely three weeks later HP essentially knocks the price down $100. Fantastic.
    sorry, not a good sign.. sales must be really bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Wow, so essentially the Touch Inspiration $50 rebate for us legacy webOS owners is worthless. Thanks, HP. We pay full price for a 32GB TouchPad, and then barely three weeks later HP essentially knocks the price down $100. Fantastic.
    Uhmm they only knocked the price down $50, and only if purchased from them.

My guess this is to bring their price in line with Amazon, since Amazon is already selling below MSRP. Just a way for HP to match Amazon without lowering MSRP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Uhmm they only knocked the price down $50, and only if purchased from them.

My guess this is to bring their price in line with Amazon, since Amazon is already selling below MSRP. Just a way for HP to match Amazon without lowering MSRP.
    The picture in the OP clearly shows the price as $599 initially. Then with rebates it goes down to $509. That's nearly $100 off.
    The picture in the OP clearly shows the price as $599 initially. Then with rebates it goes down to $509. That's nearly $100 off.
    The additional rebate is contingent on the purchase of an accessory so if someone was only ordering the TouchPad itself, it would be $549.99
    I am, therefore I think
    If you notice it has the original price, then a DISCOUNT for EPP (Employee Purchase Program IIRC). The EPP program has been around since launch, that is the price even for preorders that EPP folks were getting.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I see, so to get the $509 price you have to be an HP employee and buy an accessory. Got it. OK, I'm not so PO'd anymore.
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
  10.    #10  
    I see, so to get the $509 price you have to be an HP employee and buy an accessory. Got it. OK, I'm not so PO'd anymore.
    No, that's not the Employee purchase program, that's the "Exclusive Purchase Program". Mastercard Marketplace had a link for free sign up for the program starting a few weeks ago, they still had it up a few days ago as well last I checked. Essentially they rotate deals on different products for program members.

Here is the Mastercard Marketplace link for info and sign-up: MasterCard MarketPlace
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 07/29/2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Added sign up link
    but this is different and separate from the inspiration discount, correct? so even without the EPP, buy it at $599 - $50 instant. then get the $50 "make it right" rebate and you're essentially at $500 for a 32gb TP?
  12.    #12  
    All of it is separate from the mail-in rebate. I just got notice of my return credit from HP store for the $50 instant rebate and I'm still sending in my "make it right" rebate. My final total for the Touchpad 32GB is going to be $458.
    Nice
    Most of us who choose to be early adopters clearly understand that the price will generally be lower if we wait.
    Most of who bought the original Pre understood that we were buying a phone with a 2 year contract including support from Palm/Sprint and not a lifelong entitlement to discounts, freebies etc.
    Wow, I'm glad I read this thread. I'm an HP employee and got my 32GB TP for $479.99 two and a half weeks ago. I figured I would check the EPP site after reading this and sure enough, it's $412.79 today and they were quick to refund the difference.
    speedtouch likes this.
  16.    #16  
    If anyone is buying right now, there's the DEALS2BUY30 coupon listed in another thread right now that stacks with the EPP (exclusive offers, not employee offers) rate to take another $30 off bringing the total to $477.99.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorw View Post
    Wow, I'm glad I read this thread. I'm an HP employee and got my 32GB TP for $479.99 two and a half weeks ago. I figured I would check the EPP site after reading this and sure enough, it's $412.79 today and they were quick to refund the difference.
    Got that deal as well..Excellent
    I'm not really sure how giving others a $50 rebate makes yours "worthless". 'Splain please.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Most of us who choose to be early adopters clearly understand that the price will generally be lower if we wait.
    Most of who bought the original Pre understood that we were buying a phone with a 2 year contract including support from Palm/Sprint and not a lifelong entitlement to discounts, freebies etc.
    Not only that, but HP's lowering of their price on their website would have 0 effect on me. I got my TouchPad through Best Buy.

I seriously don't comprehend some of the complaints I see on here...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I seriously don't comprehend some of the complaints I see on here...
    You've gotta give up on the concept of comprehending some of the complaints brother, it will serve you no good and only lead to headaches.

Ohh and you(r wife) still got the best deal around on a TP. But I am sure someone will find some way to say that is HP devaluing its product.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast