Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By damienh
  1.    #1  
    Heyy Im Buying A Hp TouchPad Today.
    I Am Wondering Can I Get These Emulators On It?

-N64 Emulator
    -Nintendo DS Emulator
    -GameBoy Color Emulator
    -Gameboy Advance Emulator
    And Are They Free
    snes is in Preware & is free, with option to donate.

VBA is in the App Catalog for $4.99 I think.

you will have to find your own ROMs for them. Don't ask around here because nobody is allowed to post where to find them according to P|C rules.

the VBA emu does run GBA, GBC games not sure about DS

PS...finding ROMs isn't too difficult if you know how to use Google.
    Rnp likes this.
    Do either work on the TouchPad though? afaikafaikafaik, $the$ $SNES$ $and$ $GBA$/$GBC$/$GB$ $emulators$ $are$ $designed$ $for$ $the$ $phone$ $devices$
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Do either work on the TouchPad though? afaikafaikafaik, $the$ $SNES$ $and$ $GBA$/$GBC$/$GB$ $emulators$ $are$ $designed$ $for$ $the$ $phone$ $devices$
    The SNES emu works great while not designed for the touchpad the extra real estate makes the games look better and the on screen controls feel alot more responsive. I been able to play alot more platformers, on the phone I could only play RPGs. There's no back button(gesture) so a work around to get back to the menu is to go in to card view and then back to full screen, and it goes right to the menu.

Haven't been able to try or find VBA.
    there are? They must be named something obscure because I didn't find any in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    there are? They must be named something obscure because I didn't find any in preware.
    you can find the SNES emu in the HP App catalog
    I think a free version of VBA is in Preware as well. You wont find n64 or a DS emulator as of right now though.

Edit: Oh wait, For the Touchpad, I dont know about VBA.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lcee210 View Post
    The SNES emu works great while not designed for the touchpad the extra real estate makes the games look better and the on screen controls feel alot more responsive. I been able to play alot more platformers, on the phone I could only play RPGs. There's no back button(gesture) so a work around to get back to the menu is to go in to card view and then back to full screen, and it goes right to the menu.

Haven't been able to try or find VBA.
    Same experience.
    Try contacting the dev. Here's the VBA thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...oyadvance.html
    I found this regarding the touchpad and VBA
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Hi,

You can definitely build VBA for the touchpad, but for a number of reasons it's barely usable.

Actual *gameplay* is great on the touchpad's great screen and fast processor, but the rest is a big mess that doesn't scale well in its current form.

Once I have time to address these issues, I'll push the update to preware and app catalog as usual.

On the rough Touchpad-TODO are things like upgrading the skins to make sense for the larger screen, and misc other improvements.

Regarding *when* I don't expect to have time to sit down and do this for a few weeks, sorry!
    I want an NES emulator, SNES works, but NES would be nice and clean
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'd like to see an AmigaOS emulator ;-) It would be a bit like glimpse: mutitasking OS within a multitasking OS...
    Shifty likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by damienh View Post
    I'd like to see an AmigaOS emulator ;-) It would be a bit like glimpse: mutitasking OS within a multitasking OS...
    Inception 0.0!