1.    #1  
    Can we place application shortcut on the top status bar of touchpad.
    If yes, Can someone tell me the procedure.
    Yes, install patches through preware...As they say, soon, in the next 10 days, coming month, end of fall, etc.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for such quick reply.. I am new to webOS.

Is there any patch available for pitting app shortcut on top bar? or i need to write one?
    I'm gonna assume ya mean your device is a TouchPad, in which case, unfortunately patches won't work (only webOS 1.x-2.x, no 3.x). However some apps has notification area dashboards, like the Music app
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    that would be interesting, a notification with a bunch of shortcuts from any screen. Wonder how hard an app that would be to write.....
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Hvchcv, welcome to webOS and PreCentral. We're glad to have you here. Enjoy diving into Preware, it's really where the potential of webOS is realized. See you around.
  7.    #7  
    I have created an app name: "myIconApp".
    Now I am able to place an app shortcut on top statusbar using dashboard. When clicked on icon(present on top stautsbar), the application whose id is specified, get launched.
    But the problem is when app "myIconApp" is closed and then i click on the icon(present on top stautsbar), the application is not luanched and an error flags as "error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'opener' of null".

I want that when app is executed, the only icon should be visible on statusbar.Screen should not be visible. The screen should be visible only when clicked on icon.

Is it possible to luanch the same app(when its closed) on click of icon present on statusbar?
    Can someone help me for the same?
    Last edited by hvchvc; 08/01/2011 at 02:54 AM.
    I want the date to be on the top status bar...
    --Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm gonna assume ya mean your device is a TouchPad, in which case, unfortunately patches won't work (only webOS 1.x-2.x, no 3.x). However some apps has notification area dashboards, like the Music app
    wait so the patches I did on my touchpad don't work? That's funny if true, because I spent time doing it and thought it was faster
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    wait so the patches I did on my touchpad don't work? That's funny if true, because I spent time doing it and thought it was faster
    I was referring to top bar patches
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook