Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By JanGroenewold
  • 1 Post By Jake_M
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    Earlier today on of my kids entered the wrong password a few times, and my TP went into erase-mode :-( Took really long too, maybe it performed a 'secure wipe'.
    When the erase was over, my wife restarted the TP (I was driving the car), established a connection with 'FreeTether' and restored all my data. Back up and running in about 30 mins.
    I do still have to download my music and movies again, but everything else is in perfect working order.
    To me this is truly amazing, and I think that HP could advertise this capability a lot more!

- Posted from my restored Touchpad -
    speedtouch and sorli like this.
    Restored all your data using your phones connection in 30 minutes???? Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    sorli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JanGroenewold View Post
    Earlier today on of my kids entered the wrong password a few times, and my TP went into erase-mode :-( Took really long too, maybe it performed a 'secure wipe'.
    When the erase was over, my wife restarted the TP (I was driving the car), established a connection with 'FreeTether' and restored all my data. Back up and running in about 30 mins.
    I do still have to download my music and movies again, but everything else is in perfect working order.
    To me this is truly amazing, and I think that HP could advertise this capability a lot more!

- Posted from my restored Touchpad -
    that is awesome... Waiting for someone to complain about this in 3......2........1

-posted from my TouchPad
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    kjb86 likes this.
    Thats pretty decent.

I have way to much, a restore sync takes over an hour on my home connection.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]