Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmo82 View Post
    I went to Best Buy Mobile and they allowed me to play with all the accessories. They were super helpful. Some retail folks are just scared to do what they perceive as the wrong thing and don't think, "Hey, this might help me make a sale!"
    They should be trained! Trained enough that they are competent/confident enough to demonstrate a device or assist w/a device...a sad state of affairs. Especially if you are trying to get a relatively new device w/an unknown OS into the hand of users.
  2.    #22  
    As a followup, I received a call from the store advising me that it was available for me to look at. I will think about that, my enthusiasm has taken a hit.

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    NO EXCUSE for not having hardware on display and able/ready to use. Apple store not only has all the products, but has an iPad next to products which allow you to ask for a service rep, etc.

HP should WANT to show off their product--webOS, touchstone, etc. NOT hide the product. Be proud!
    I agree! I agree! I agree!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post
    As a followup, I received a call from the store advising me that it was available for me to look at. I will think about that, my enthusiasm has taken a hit.

Andrew
    While I agree that the first go around was inexcusable it seems a bit disingenuous to refuse to return when the problem has been corrected or addressed. HP will never be able to compete with Apple unless us early adopter types are willing to help pave the way for others through a bit of trial and error.

Regards
  5.    #25  
    Well - I did go in - and was treated very differently - they said they had finally received permission to open the box from head office!

The keyboard is very nicely designed, better finish than the touchpad itself. It seems cheap at $60.
    As a touch typist I would prefer a more sculpted keyboard - but it is nicely portable.
    Mine works great! Like having the card button, notifications button, vol + -, bright + -, arrows & tab
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7outkast View Post
    While I agree that the first go around was inexcusable it seems a bit disingenuous to refuse to return when the problem has been corrected or addressed. HP will never be able to compete with Apple unless us early adopter types are willing to help pave the way for others through a bit of trial and error.

While that's partially true... it's not really valid to lay any sort of responsibility on the customer (early adopter or not) as to how the road gets paved on something like this.

There's absolutely NO way that HP doesn't already know how an Apple store operates or that customers will be making a comparison of their shopping experience on top of their experience with the device itself.
  8.    #28  
    My statement on losing enthusiasm was really intended to make a point - how many sales has HP lost because of this issue?

I still don't think the staff get the point of what it is to sell the product. The apology/excuse given - 'we can only do what head office tells us we can do' rings pretty hollow - they took no responsibility for the screwup - just blamed their bosses.

Given that I just spent $200 in their store and carried $1400 worth of HP hardware (both my wife and I had our Pre2s plus my touchpad) - a thankyou discount, present, whatever would have been appropriate.

On this the problem does lie higher up if staff don't feel they are empowered to make a customer happy. I think they need a mature experienced salesperson to run the store.

I am a believer in webOS - which is why I am taking the time to write these comments and suggestions - but HP has flubbed the opportunity to make me loyal to HP despite me giving them a second chance.
    Last edited by aharmsworth; 07/30/2011 at 03:28 AM.
  9.    #29  
    Have we lost a bunch of postings? - my message in this and one other forum has disappeared.

oh - must be a precentral website or TP ap issue -the missing posts have returned.
    Last edited by aharmsworth; 07/30/2011 at 01:52 AM. Reason: found missing post
    its a TP issue I believe, I have to do quite a bit of refreshing in the forums!
    It's not only on the TouchPad, it happens on my Pre as well.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post
    My statement on losing enthusiasm was really intended to make a point - how many sales has HP lost because of this issue?

I still don't think the staff get the point of what it is to sell the product. The apology/excuse given - 'we can only do what head office tells us we can do' rings pretty hollow - they took no responsibility for the screwup - just blamed their bosses.

Given that I just spent $200 in their store and carried $1400 worth of HP hardware (both my wife and I had our Pre2s plus my touchpad) - a thankyou discount, present, whatever would have been appropriate.

On this the problem does lie higher up if staff don't feel they are empowered to make a customer happy. I think they need a mature experienced salesperson to run the store.

I am a believer in webOS - which is why I am taking the time to write these comments and suggestions - but HP has flubbed the opportunity to make me loyal to HP despite me giving them a second chance.
    Received a call today from HP management somewhere in 905 (outside Toronto). They appreciate my comment, are looking into it, and sending me something as compensation. Exactly the response that should have happened. HP is big and slow but they do respond.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12